Groups

any vegeterians been to turkey?????

just wanted to know what the food is like over there?????
    cause am going in july and dont want to starve :-))

11 Comments

Lol I go twice a year you definately wont starve the salads are amazing, not sure if u eat fish but there is loads to choose from.

Original Poster

EBT;3880427

Lol I go twice a year you definately wont starve the salads are amazing, … Lol I go twice a year you definately wont starve the salads are amazing, not sure if u eat fish but there is loads to choose from.

ohhh thats great, i would ov been a bit scared ov salads tho incase they just rinse them with tap water:oops:
    and no i dont eat fish or anything with a face lol:-D

Hi
    Turkey is fantastic for vegetarians/ I live there so whereabouts are you holidaying

Fresh fruit and vegetables are amazing and cheap here so you will have plenty to choose from at very reasonable cost in any cafe or restaurant.

ps the tap water is fine BUT it contains different minerals and salts to those your body is used to and therefore it is generally recommended to drink bottled water when on holiday here.

Meat is good.

beer is cheap..........

Original Poster

astronomik;3881113

Hi Turkey is fantastic for vegetarians/ I live there so whereabouts are … Hi Turkey is fantastic for vegetarians/ I live there so whereabouts are you holidayingFresh fruit and vegetables are amazing and cheap here so you will have plenty to choose from at very reasonable cost in any cafe or restaurant.

thank you for your response ive just booked dalaman(think thats what its called)

Turkey is big on chickpeas and lots of veggie stuff so you certainly wont starve. Unless you are in an impoverished area you should be ok but as others have said make use of bottled water if you are unsure. There are lots of other veggie dishes with aubergines and courgettes and cheesy things if you eat cheese. If you select eating places with care even salads should not present a problem

Its gonna be REAL hot in Dalaman in July hope your prepared! I love dalaman though weve booked for Tunisia in June 09 but will try and get out to Turkey in Sept/Oct otherwise I will miss it! have a lovely hol.

great part of turkey good beaches at Sarigerme and Dalyan and make sure you do a 12 Islands boat tour!
    It will be VERY hot in July so bring decent sunscreen and sunglasses - mosquito repellant is cheap locally.
    One thing you may not know is to bring £10 EACH for your entry visa including for any accompanying children = also do not purchase food and drink in the airport as it is extortionate - most people take a can and sandwich with them on return. Dalaman duty free is available on both arrival and departure and whilst they will take various currencies and cards everything is priced in euros so it helps to have these and foil them on their rip off exchange rates lol.
    Am sure you will have a fantastic time and will definitely enjoy the food!

The JFK;3881204

Meat is good.

IDIOT!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat77750
      2. word association Game74044583
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767501
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7311388

See more discussions