Any VW Golf experts - problem with Engine

Found 13th Oct 2011
Hi, Have bought the vw golf 1.6 last friday
on tues the engine light comes on (bolt like shape).
took it to local garage (cannot afford vw garage) - who machine checked it and 2 errors have come:

1. Heater regulation implausible p3042 upper limit reached
2. NOx sensor (G295) heater control short to plus p1070 upper limit reached

Please can anyone advice what the above faults are. Is it serious.
What can I do?

11 Comments

Banned

Buy a Vauxhall

2. You may need a new NOx sensor £400+

Not sure about the first one.

Could be faulty wiring.

Do the same as the last owner. Sell it asap.

Banned

How do you advice someone?

Sounds like you bought yourself a pup
Always have a car checked over thoroughly by a mechanic before buying especially if buying privately.

Original Poster

shauneco

2. You may need a new NOx sensor £400+Not sure about the first one.Could … 2. You may need a new NOx sensor £400+Not sure about the first one.Could be faulty wiring.

hi yes thanks, looks like a expensive fix - searched around and found similar quotes of £400+ for a new NOx sensor. I just hope the seller who i bought it off supports me with the fix else im stranded

danib

hi yes thanks, looks like a expensive fix - searched around and found … hi yes thanks, looks like a expensive fix - searched around and found similar quotes of £400+ for a new NOx sensor. I just hope the seller who i bought it off supports me with the fix else im stranded

If you bought it from a car dealer then you probably have rights under the Sale of Goods Act. Go back to the dealer and explain what has happened and give him the chance to rectify it. If he won't then you need to go to the Citizens Advice.

If you bought it privately then, unless the vendor misrepresented the car to you, you have no legal rights. Proving misrepresentation is a difficult job.

next time read up about the 1.4 and 1.6 models

Did you buy it through ebay and pay through paypal?

shergold

Buy a Vauxhall

lolz
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions