Groups

Any washing machine experts out there?

I have a Hotpoint AQXXF 149 which has decided to permanently keep it's door locked.

The power to the washer was cut last night when the switch box went. Ever since it's been playing up.

It still washes etc, it's just the door is jammed!

There is a manual door release mechanism, which you are supposed to tug... I tugged a bit too much and the thing fell off!

Now, I've taken the top off the machine to see inside, but it's just too tight to get to the door lock.

Anyone know how I can release the door lock? Or is it a call out job?

Cheers

8 Comments

oh dear lol

Im not entirely sure and this is prolly a silly question, but have you tried just resetting the programme and letting it run till it's finished and seeing if it unlocks automatically?

Or maybe using a bent metal coathanger to hook the manual release?

Original Poster

Yup, tried a couple (rinse and quick wash) and nothing

Original Poster

Chuckles1001;5128540

Or maybe using a bent metal coathanger to hook the manual release?

I'll give it a go, but can't see me being able to hook it properly!

You need to turn the machine upsidedown, then you will see the catch between the wall of the machine and the drum. Push it up and the door will pop open. Sorry, there is no other way. Be careful as the machine has a big lump of concrete to give it weight.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;5128641

You need to turn the machine upsidedown, then you will see the catch … You need to turn the machine upsidedown, then you will see the catch between the wall of the machine and the drum. Push it up and the door will pop open. Sorry, there is no other way. Be careful as the machine has a big lump of concrete to give it weight.

It's got 2 big lumps of concrete! One on the drum and one at the bottom.

There's not enough room to get the the door latch from under the machine

if you don't get the answer here check out [url]www.diynot.com[/url] the forums there are very helpful and packed with washing machine repair engineers.

worto.

Original Poster

worto03;5129101

if you don't get the answer here check out [url]www.diynot.com[/url] the … if you don't get the answer here check out [url]www.diynot.com[/url] the forums there are very helpful and packed with washing machine repair engineers.worto.

Cheers, I'll give it a bash

Thanks for the answers ppl, all repped.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Gear best shipping?44
      2. Do you use a case on your iPhone?44
      3. Virgin Media TV56
      4. Tooth extraction99

See more discussions