Groups

Any way i can bank my money before the 27th of this month

Hi, I have direct debits set up and thanks to my employer playing me about with my wages (get paid monthly) He ended up paying me almost a month late (1st is date im supposed to be paid, got paid on 24th), however when i finished work on the 24th as you can imagine everything was closed.
    So now i have direct debits due out on; 27.12 28.12 30.12 and .1.1.17
    But the cash is on my person not in the bank
    Barclays are closed 26th 27th
    so ... is there another way to deposit money into the bank for it to be in within 1 working day

17 Comments

Friend with online banking ??? Give them the cash and ask then to transfer funds they have in their account into your account.. Should be instant.. They have the money in hand and can bank it later or just use it..
    Edited by: "staffs1959" 25th Dec 2016

Could you not give it to a trustworthy friend/relative and ask if they can send you a bank transfer?

Original Poster

staffs1959

Friend with online banking ??? Give them the cash and ask then to … Friend with online banking ??? Give them the cash and ask then to transfer funds into your account.. Should be instant..

Asked my brothers this already, 1 is in OD other has £60 in it.
    Parents are on holiday some where with mobiles off.
    And my friends dont have enough in it to do it either

staffs1959

Friend with online banking ??? Give them the cash and ask then to … Friend with online banking ??? Give them the cash and ask then to transfer funds they have in their account into your account.. Should be instant.. They have the money in hand and can bank it later or just use it..

Great minds!?

The 27th is the Christmas day bank holiday too as Christmas day was on a Sunday, so no DDs will go out on that day. Barclays have a 3pm cut off for sufficient funds so pay in by that time on the 28th and you'll be fine

I work in a bank..27th is a bank holiday so DD won't come out till 28th..then u have up till 3.30 to put fund in

Original Poster

TheTrainDriver

The 27th is the Christmas day bank holiday too as Christmas day was on a … The 27th is the Christmas day bank holiday too as Christmas day was on a Sunday, so no DDs will go out on that day. Barclays have a 3pm cut off for sufficient funds so pay in by that time on the 28th and you'll be fine

Not really... I start work on the 28th at 6am. and finish at 6pm.
    And will continue this shift pattern well into january.
    Banks open at 9.30 and close at 4.30
    so even on a good day where my i can get some one in early they're there for 4pm, and it takes well over 30 mins from work to bank. It is extremely irritating

sharoncadnant

I work in a bank..27th is a bank holiday so DD won't come out till … I work in a bank..27th is a bank holiday so DD won't come out till 28th..then u have up till 3.30 to put fund in

*3:30 with most banks. Each differ. Tesco Bank for example is upto 5pm.

The post office site says some branches might be open on the 26th and/or the 27th so might be worth checking your local ones. I think you can pay money into some bank accounts there but im not sure if it shows up on the account instantly or not.

jordni

Not really... I start work on the 28th at 6am. and finish at 6pm.And will … Not really... I start work on the 28th at 6am. and finish at 6pm.And will continue this shift pattern well into january. Banks open at 9.30 and close at 4.30so even on a good day where my i can get some one in early they're there for 4pm, and it takes well over 30 mins from work to bank. It is extremely irritating

​Maybe a post office would be closer, pay in there with a chip and pin card and it'll be in your account same day

Original Poster

TheTrainDriver

​Maybe a post office would be closer, pay in there with a chip and pin c … ​Maybe a post office would be closer, pay in there with a chip and pin card and it'll be in your account same day

I pay the stores takings into those accounts, doesnt take long, but never seen a barclays logo on the paying thing they advertise, santander, natwest, lloyds are on there. guess ill google it, hopefully you're right

jordni

I pay the stores takings into those accounts, doesnt take long, but never … I pay the stores takings into those accounts, doesnt take long, but never seen a barclays logo on the paying thing they advertise, santander, natwest, lloyds are on there. guess ill google it, hopefully you're right

help.barclays.co.uk/faq…tml

Original Poster

TheTrainDriver

​ h … ​ https://www.help.barclays.co.uk/faq/accounts/account-services/post-office.html

Sweeet one around the corner is open tomorrow!

"Paying in cash or cheques

To pay in a cheque to your account you’ll need to use a pre-printed, personalised paying-in slip – like those in your cheque or paying-in book – and a cheque-deposit envelope, which you can order by calling us on 0800 169 3091*.

You can deposit cash in 2 ways – either with a card for the account you want the money to go into or a paying-in slip. However, the option to use a paying-in slip is not currently available at all outlets, so it’s best to use a card if you have one or check in advance by visiting the Post Office you want to use.

Cheques and cash paid in using a slip can take up to 2 working days longer to reach your account than if you used a Barclays branch. Cash paid in with a card will get there that day."

Some barclays are self service (the one in my local asda is anyway) so open 24 hours for deposits and withdrawals however I'm not sure when the money deposited enters your account as it's only manned during business hours

can you go online banking and increase your overdraft limit. use it then pay the money in when you can

Your work should allow you time off to sort this out as it's their fault. They should also cover any bank charges you incur for the late payment of your wages.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want some backless loafers for men44
      2. Phone "Upgrade"47
      3. Parcel Hero weight adjustment58
      4. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2854

See more discussions