Any way to contact Royal Mail/Post Office and get a proof of delivery?

Posted 9th Jan
Last Saturday I returned my faulty Sennheiser to their RMA address in Surrey. I sent the parcel 2nd class Signed for. Today I checked the Track and Trace website and it still showed up as "We've got it"

I emailed Sennheiser asking them if they had received the parcel and I got a semi-robotic reply, saying that they processed my return on Tuesday and that I should receive my replacement soon.

Excellent. But, for my own piece of mind, I'd like to see the proof of delivery. Apparently, there's no way of having it. I went to the post office and they won't investigate.

Is there a way for RM to investigate if the delivery was signed?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

15 Comments
we got it, means they haven't delivered it yet.
Post Office won't investigate cos PO doesn't deliver anything. RM has provided me with detailed tracking in the past when the online tracking portal has been problematic, but they were business enquiries; not sure how RM treat irritating personal customers. Not convinced RM will accept any suggestion of "problematic" so soon after the item entered RM system, but you try by politely asking via quaint telephone at 03457 740740 Monday to Friday, 8am-6pm, Saturday 8am-1pm and Sunday 9am-2pm.
AMaky09/01/2020 21:52

Or didn’t get signature or scan it upon delivery.
AMaky09/01/2020 21:52

Not entirely true.

Quite a few of mine as of late have shown as if they still have it, yet it has been delivered. Even two weeks after it still says the same thing.
I think they have an issue with their system since Christmas to be honest.
Edited by: "dbizal" 9th Jan
We've got it usually means they are in the process of delivering it, no signature yet so no proof of delivery. If it's stuck in this status it means it's lost. If they have technical problem then the above won't apply.
Could also have been delivered but not got it signed for, or the delivery person had issues with his/her machine so couldn't record the package as being delivered.

I have had some still showing "we got it" even after the package was delivered. It never got updated on the website.
So, after all, is there a way to force RM to investigate the issue or not?
gorgo201510/01/2020 07:31

So, after all, is there a way to force RM to investigate the issue or not?

As long as they company don’t dispute not receiving the item what is there to investigate?

If you item does go missing then you can make a claim with Royal Mail here

personal.help.royalmail.com/app…%3D
myusernamehasgone23410/01/2020 07:41

As long as they company don’t dispute not receiving the item what is there …As long as they company don’t dispute not receiving the item what is there to investigate?If you item does go missing then you can make a claim with Royal Mail herehttps://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/325/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNTc4NjQyMDM5L2dlbi8xNTc4NjQyMDM5L3NpZC9mVUQyWWRUbXlYNnRaTVJqNHBoNDk3QVNEWmZ6bmRrSnFhWkVteURKdXY0VW05TUF2SVpkMXlqYl9kbnd2ckpDbDNtdmlvTzdaNW9vSGdsb3dsa1dEeHVaUDlMMm91YzZ3QjVvaGFRRGRDSkE4Q2NJb0hHSHNvZkElMjElMjE%3D

There's also a claim for failure to obtain a signature.
You posted on Saturday - obviously don't know the time so you may well have missed that day's collection. So the item is then sent Monday, which can take two days minimum. As others have said, tracking isn't always updated straightaway hence why it is still showing that Royal Mail have acknowledged receipt of your parcel.

Very excellent service from Royal Mail if it was delivered on Tuesday.
If the RMA included the tracking information for the company return then they may have automatically issued the refund/replacement based on the item being 'in the system'

This has happened to me in the past with Amazon, they have issued a refund on they day the package was scanned, not delivered.
360finder10/01/2020 09:00

If the RMA included the tracking information for the company return then …If the RMA included the tracking information for the company return then they may have automatically issued the refund/replacement based on the item being 'in the system'This has happened to me in the past with Amazon, they have issued a refund on they day the package was scanned, not delivered.

No, the RMA did not include the tracking information.
gorgo201510/01/2020 09:40

No, the RMA did not include the tracking information.

Hhhhmmmm! :/
Well, if Sennheiser have sent me a brand new pair of headphones and RM did not (or are not going to) deliver the old ones, I can still get compensation for the package I sent.
Not sure it works that way. You're getting new ones because the old ones have been received back by them, which they will be able to prove surely?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions