Any way to escalate an issue with Aliexpress/leave negative feedback for cancelled orders?

Posted 18th Sep
I've just had the order for my second router cancelled by the seller on Aliexpress.

About 2.5 weeks ago I ordered a Huawei B612 from Shenzhen GHT Technology Co., Ltd. and then 2 days later when I checked my orders, there was a message saying they had no stock. I opened a dispute with Paypal and as expected, they had no contact from the seller who tried to blame Aliexpress and eventually I received a refund.

I placed an order with another seller 2 weeks ago with China VVifi Store and after a couple of days the order was showing as dispatched. I've been checking the tracking daily to see when it's left China and today read Parcel Status Shipment cancelled by seller No message from them apologizing or trying to explain why it was cancelled.

I'm fuming! I couldn't pay with Paypal through that seller so now I will have to contact my credit card company, I'm going to have to look at yet another seller who will also need at least a month to send the router and if they cancel, I don't see a way to leave negative feedback.

The web chat thing just has me going round in an endless loop - I click - not received order or not received refund, select the item and then....nothing, just the same options showing up again.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
you have to wait before you can open a dispute, its all automated.
Mr_Gus18/09/2019 11:05

you have to wait before you can open a dispute, its all automated.

Wait until what point? I've clicked through "open dispute" and tried to get through that way. I know that if I contact my credit card company they'll just say that I need to wait 30 days or whatever before I can claim the money back. All of this and it's gonna be a minimum of a month more before I can get the router for my parents wifi!
Yup, the thing with algorithms is that there is no fast route getaround.

It needs to go to human arbitration WHEN the system kicks in, ..in the meantime use the ali-express comments box.
Mr_Gus18/09/2019 11:40

Yup, the thing with algorithms is that there is no fast route getaround.It …Yup, the thing with algorithms is that there is no fast route getaround.It needs to go to human arbitration WHEN the system kicks in, ..in the meantime use the ali-express comments box.

Thanks, but you didn't say to wait until what point? Till the latest that they claim the item will arrive? The comment box just takes me round and round in the loop I mentioned, so is of zero use. This is one of the reasons why I'm hesitant to use ali for anything more expensive than £15, but in this case, it was £80 vs £100+ on ebay (there's was shipped from Hong Kong)
Why are you going through paypal and your bank, just raise it to aliexpress and you'll be refunded no problem at all, it seems you're massively over complicating things. I've placed around 500 orders on aliexpress and have never once had to contact my bank (I've never used paypal on there), every occasional issue has been resolved by aliexpress support without a problem.
dcx_badass18/09/2019 12:32

Why are you going through paypal and your bank, just raise it to …Why are you going through paypal and your bank, just raise it to aliexpress and you'll be refunded no problem at all, it seems you're massively over complicating things. I've placed around 500 orders on aliexpress and have never once had to contact my bank (I've never used paypal on there), every occasional issue has been resolved by aliexpress support without a problem.

I'm sorry, I'm not over complicating things, it seems that you haven't read my post - it's 2 separate orders, one was refunded by Paypal after no input from Aliexpress and now the second order is with my credit card company.

"Raise it to Alieepress" how? When I go to "open dispute" there is no suitable category as the item shows as shipped, even though it obviously hasn't been (how can a seller have shipped it and then cancelled the shipping 10 days later?).

I've twice had issues with orders on Ali and both times had to have things resolved by the company I paid with. You've gone through 500 with no issues, lucky you - I'm a long way from being that fortunate!

As you're a pro when it comes to dealing with this company, how do I leave negative feedback for these orders where they have cancelled the order so other's can read that it may well happen to them?
woldranger18/09/2019 12:46

I'm sorry, I'm not over complicating things, it seems that you haven't …I'm sorry, I'm not over complicating things, it seems that you haven't read my post - it's 2 separate orders, one was refunded by Paypal after no input from Aliexpress and now the second order is with my credit card company. "Raise it to Alieepress" how? When I go to "open dispute" there is no suitable category as the item shows as shipped, even though it obviously hasn't been (how can a seller have shipped it and then cancelled the shipping 10 days later?).I've twice had issues with orders on Ali and both times had to have things resolved by the company I paid with. You've gone through 500 with no issues, lucky you - I'm a long way from being that fortunate!As you're a pro when it comes to dealing with this company, how do I leave negative feedback for these orders where they have cancelled the order so other's can read that it may well happen to them?

Damn that’s not good!

aliexpress.com/buy…tml
seaniboy18/09/2019 13:34

Damn that’s not good! h …Damn that’s not good! https://www.aliexpress.com/buyerprotection/how_do_I_make_a_file_claim.html

Nope, less than ideal. I was irritated by the first but now it's happened twice

Cheers for the link but it doesn't seem to be an option when I click on my account. I've found an option to open a dispute but as with most Aliexpress cs situations, I'm not holding out much hope. WOrst comes to the worst I'll have to wait another month or so till I can get my credit card company to step in.

I reckon I'm likely to give up on Ali as an option. I'd rather not take a step back from the B612 to the B525, but the only other option I can see is ebay with something like this though I'm put off by the shipping - Tue. 8 Oct. and Mon. 18 Nov and the feedback where more than one buyer has had to get a refund from ebay because they never received their purchase. But I guess, you pays your money and takes your chance

Any suggestions?
Edited by: "woldranger" 18th Sep
woldranger18/09/2019 14:00

Nope, less than ideal. I was irritated by the first but now it's happened …Nope, less than ideal. I was irritated by the first but now it's happened twice Cheers for the link but it doesn't seem to be an option when I click on my account. I've found an option to open a dispute but as with most Aliexpress cs situations, I'm not holding out much hope. WOrst comes to the worst I'll have to wait another month or so till I can get my credit card company to step in.I reckon I'm likely to give up on Ali as an option. I'd rather not take a step back from the B612 to the B525, but the only other option I can see is ebay with something like this though I'm put off by the shipping - Tue. 8 Oct. and Mon. 18 Nov and the feedback where more than one buyer has had to get a refund from ebay because they never received their purchase. But I guess, you pays your money and takes your chance Any suggestions?

Isn’t there one from Hong King on Airmail Express delivery slightly more expensive but still under £100
seaniboy18/09/2019 14:39

Isn’t there one from Hong King on Airmail Express delivery slightly more e …Isn’t there one from Hong King on Airmail Express delivery slightly more expensive but still under £100

The soonest I can find under £100 is this but it's still up to 14th Oct!
woldranger18/09/2019 15:03

The soonest I can find under £100 is this but it's still up to 14th Oct!

Contact seller and ask about express delivery, usually only a few quid more for them as China hasn’t sold off its national mail system as it believes it’s good for China selling around the world. Ask them what kind of delivery is it and when they reply ask how much for other quicker options.
seaniboy18/09/2019 15:12

Contact seller and ask about express delivery, usually only a few quid …Contact seller and ask about express delivery, usually only a few quid more for them as China hasn’t sold off its national mail system as it believes it’s good for China selling around the world. Ask them what kind of delivery is it and when they reply ask how much for other quicker options.

It's worth a try!
I tried about 6 or 7 suppliers for the same router on Ali and emailed them first and none of them had any stock at all.
I ended up buying the B525 from Amazon for £100
regretful118/09/2019 15:55

I tried about 6 or 7 suppliers for the same router on Ali and emailed them …I tried about 6 or 7 suppliers for the same router on Ali and emailed them first and none of them had any stock at all.I ended up buying the B525 from Amazon for £100

Yeah I think they're all doing the same thing, leaving the listings active hoping that they'll get stock and then, if nothing comes in, cancel and leave you high and dry.
I've just had a look and you can easily just raise a dispute. Open dispute > item not received > logistics problem > item returned to seller. Ultimately there's a few options you could use. And I have had the odd problem, but I just use the dispute system correctly and get refunded no problem.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 18th Sep
dcx_badass18/09/2019 16:02

I've just had a look and you can easily just raise a dispute. Open dispute …I've just had a look and you can easily just raise a dispute. Open dispute > item not received > logistics problem > item returned to seller. Ultimately there's a few options you could use. And I have had the odd problem, but I just use the dispute system correctly and get refunded no problem.

Cheers, that's what I've done but I was concerned that it wasn't exactly the situation I was in and that they'd give it the brush off. I'll have to wait and see.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants