Any way to get disney+ using a VPN?

Posted 18th Nov
Seems it won't be launching in the UK until March 2020
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

17 Comments
Legally, no.
Yes you can. My VPN was working fine but just got blocked in last few hours.
Edited by: "jamie15" 18th Nov
Yes works fine with NordVPN
needed to create US PayPal account to fund via Revolut as it blocks U.K. cards
Apparently it’s not worth trying on an iPhone even using a vpn
Worked fine during the limited test I gave it last night with Windscribe.
jamie1518/11/2019 17:54

Yes you can. My VPN was working fine but just got blocked in last few …Yes you can. My VPN was working fine but just got blocked in last few hours.

When you say it got blocked, does that mean banned completely or just whatever you were using it for at the time doesn't work? For example no Netflix but other things work
andrewworrall118/11/2019 18:42

When you say it got blocked, does that mean banned completely or just …When you say it got blocked, does that mean banned completely or just whatever you were using it for at the time doesn't work? For example no Netflix but other things work

Blocked using the VPNs I had. I suspect it will still work on PS4, just not on the app.
Better to use a fire stick until march 2020
adam_holcombe18/11/2019 17:41

Legally, no.

I fail to see where it legally states you can't use a vpn to access disney+ (or alike) in UK law. It maybe against the t&cs but law??
smith2001uk19/11/2019 16:52

I fail to see where it legally states you can't use a vpn to access …I fail to see where it legally states you can't use a vpn to access disney+ (or alike) in UK law. It maybe against the t&cs but law??

dailyrecord.co.uk/new…028
adam_holcombe19/11/2019 17:00

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/pub-boss-jailed-after-sky-13285028

That's sky sports. What I've talked about has never been tested. Paying the wanted fee via a vpn and PayPal via the USA. Can't see it standing up in court.... But I'm happy to be proven wrong
smith2001uk19/11/2019 17:17

That's sky sports. What I've talked about has never been tested. Paying …That's sky sports. What I've talked about has never been tested. Paying the wanted fee via a vpn and PayPal via the USA. Can't see it standing up in court.... But I'm happy to be proven wrong

Concept is the same.

You're accessing content you have nonlegal right to in the UK.

It's effectively piracy.
In that case sky had the legal rights to those 'events' in the UK. In the disney+ case, Some companies may have the rights until March 31st 2020 and some won't. So it's not really the same at all.
adam_holcombe19/11/2019 17:36

Concept is the same. You're accessing content you have nonlegal right to …Concept is the same. You're accessing content you have nonlegal right to in the UK. It's effectively piracy.

Not remotely the same. A pub has to buy a different licence to show Sky Sports matches, not just the normal Sky Sports subscription that Joe Bloggs pays for. He didn't, and was simply using a normal Sky subscription to show the matches to people in his pub. Sky caught him and sued him for showing content he had not paid a licence for. The article is even slightly misleading in that it says he was jailed for it - he wasn't, he was fined, which he failed to pay, and when he was brought before the courts on a similar offence with the previous charge unpaid, he was charged for breaching a court order - *that* is what he was jailed for, not for not paying for a Sky subscription.

For the Disney+ thing, as part of the T&Cs you are purchasing a contract but using a VPN to bypass the regional licencing. You're still paying for it, and this is very important under Contract Law - you can't be given a punative charge under contract law, only criminal law, and this does not fall under criminal law. (The charge from Sky for the pub would not have been punative, as they can easily point to the fact he's cost them income by not purchasing the correct licence) For Disney to sue you, they'd therefore have to show how they were 'out of pocket' by you paying to watch something in your home, which they cannot do in this instance. The worst that can happen is they can cancel your contract for breaching the terms and conditions.
paul.brandon27/11/2019 16:02

Not remotely the same. A pub has to buy a different licence to show Sky …Not remotely the same. A pub has to buy a different licence to show Sky Sports matches, not just the normal Sky Sports subscription that Joe Bloggs pays for. He didn't, and was simply using a normal Sky subscription to show the matches to people in his pub. Sky caught him and sued him for showing content he had not paid a licence for. The article is even slightly misleading in that it says he was jailed for it - he wasn't, he was fined, which he failed to pay, and when he was brought before the courts on a similar offence with the previous charge unpaid, he was charged for breaching a court order - *that* is what he was jailed for, not for not paying for a Sky subscription. For the Disney+ thing, as part of the T&Cs you are purchasing a contract but using a VPN to bypass the regional licencing. You're still paying for it, and this is very important under Contract Law - you can't be given a punative charge under contract law, only criminal law, and this does not fall under criminal law. (The charge from Sky for the pub would not have been punative, as they can easily point to the fact he's cost them income by not purchasing the correct licence) For Disney to sue you, they'd therefore have to show how they were 'out of pocket' by you paying to watch something in your home, which they cannot do in this instance. The worst that can happen is they can cancel your contract for breaching the terms and conditions.

gizmodo.co.uk/201…ns/
adam_holcombe27/11/2019 17:05

https://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2019/11/disney-plus-blocks-vpns/

I've said the pub example you gave is not remotely the same as the question about Disney+ .

In the pub article, the person was fined and went to jail. I said this wasn't remotely the same as the situation with Disney+

You have now just replied with an article about how Disney+ have blocked VPNs. Which is *not remotely the same* as fining someone and causing them to go to jail.

As you clearly then agree with me the previous situation you quoted is indeed "not remotely the same" as the situation with Disney+ then I think we're agreed. Thank you for proving my point, not that it needed proving.

Sir, good night.
smartdnsproxy.com/

getflix.com.au/

Use these. They work fine.

You have to change the DNS server on your device to one of their servers. Works fine once you’ve done it. I use it on Apple TV.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants