Any Web Developers?

Hi all,
Looking at getting a website set up. Nothing complicated. Can anyone here do it, or have used someone that's good and cheap? TY

9 Comments

Do you mean you are looking for software or a host?

Im a designer...

Original Poster

Basically, a few pages, a few pics, "google friendly", search engine optomised, online payment facility (looking in to Paypal business, users?) and a few other domain names all pointing to the one. I'm currently registered on Godaddy and 123Reg, so could maybe host on one of them, depending if it works out just as cheap...Any help appreciated, thanks.

Banned

rehydrated;4086002

Basically, a few pages, a few pics, "google friendly", search engine … Basically, a few pages, a few pics, "google friendly", search engine optomised, online payment facility (looking in to Paypal business, users?) and a few other domain names all pointing to the one. I'm currently registered on Godaddy and 123Reg, so could maybe host on one of them, depending if it works out just as cheap...Any help appreciated, thanks.

Dont use the same webiste host as you have for the domain host..

From what you have said (ie just a few pages), I'd probably suggest you have a bash yourself!

Banned

Yes, probably worth a go yourself? What sort of business is it? A shop? If so, there are thousands of templates available out there for free that you can easily adapt and personalise.

Try using joomla - it's easy and free

Original Poster

Anyone used joomla? I have seen it and thought it looked quite good...Yes, just a webshop selling some stuff, hopefully allowing people just to click on it and either pay with their card, or through Paypal.

Banned

rehydrated;4086387

Anyone used joomla? I have seen it and thought it looked quite … Anyone used joomla? I have seen it and thought it looked quite good...Yes, just a webshop selling some stuff, hopefully allowing people just to click on it and either pay with their card, or through Paypal.

Yes, I've used Joomla.

From what it sounds like you need, its overkill. Its also not as easy and straightfoward as it sounds. Being blunt, I hated it.

Payments to paypal are simple (ie with a link straight to a paypal template within Paypal.) However card payments direct to you would be a no no. It wouldn't be cost effective.

Hi I use moonfruit.com its free and easy to build your own site. I was made up once I got mine up and running. Good luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1017
    2. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    3. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44
    4. Weekly game codes giveaway 183722

See more discussions