Found 7th Sep 2008
i have a website and looking to update it a bit
i can change the wording on it pretty simply by going into CMS but there are a few forms that I need to change.
also need to put a tab and a new page
does anyone know if i would have the software to change the scripting via admin or do i need to upload a sitebuilder to change things

totally lost and thanks

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
56 Comments

what cms you using ? it could be an easy css & html fix :-D

Banned

Too vague to comment!

Sounds like you are using an installed CMS package, but want to change the layout or more to the point a form which is embedded in a template?

guv;2912069

Too vague to comment!Sounds like you are using an installed CMS package, … Too vague to comment!Sounds like you are using an installed CMS package, but want to change the layout or more to the point a form which is embedded in a template?

if i knew his cms,,,,, i can tell them how to make the mods :-D most of the time is just use the admin panel or change the css :-D

Original Poster

yes its difficult to explain
at this moment i only know how to change the general text but dont know how or if im able to add buttons or forms using what i have installed within the website admin

jasonrat;2912087

yes its difficult to explainat this moment i only know how to change the … yes its difficult to explainat this moment i only know how to change the general text but dont know how or if im able to add buttons or forms using what i have installed within the website admin

what cms :-D link ?

Original Poster

it doesnt have a link i suppose it could be 34sp

if i go deeper and check what folders are where it is parallel pleask

Original Poster

just been reading through so i guess its not installed

Sitebuilder support
Create and publish Web site using Sitebuilder No

jasonrat;2912111

it doesnt have a link i suppose it could be 34spif i go deeper and check … it doesnt have a link i suppose it could be 34spif i go deeper and check what folders are where it is parallel pleask

your site not on the internet ?

Original Poster

Services
Apache ASP support No (Component was not installed)
SSI support Yes
PHP support Yes (PHP 'safe_mode' on)
CGI support Yes
Perl support Yes
Python support Yes
FastCGI support No (Component was not installed)
Miva support No (Component was not installed)
ColdFusion support No (ColdFusion is not supported by the license key)
Web statistics (accessible via password protected directory '/plesk-stat/' )
Custom Error Documents Yes

jasonrat;2912118

ServicesApache ASP support No (Component was not installed)SSI support … ServicesApache ASP support No (Component was not installed)SSI support YesPHP support Yes (PHP 'safe_mode' on)CGI support YesPerl support YesPython support YesFastCGI support No (Component was not installed)Miva support No (Component was not installed)ColdFusion support No (ColdFusion is not supported by the license key)Web statistics (accessible via password protected directory '/plesk-stat/' )Custom Error Documents Yes

thats the server specs or the cms specs?

Banned

Post the URL will be the easiest way to see!

Banned

Hmm. Im none the wiser from that!

Did you have to pay for it - or was it free?

Doesnt look like CMS. Do you have to log in to edit a page directly from the website itself?

Original Poster

[QUOTE=guv;2912144]Hmm. Im none the wiser from that!

Did you have to pay for it - or was it free?

Doesnt look like CMS. Do you have to log in to edit a page directly from the website itself?[/QUOTE

yes i log in and can change the text but dont know how i can change the format or add buttins

i take it this is the one you won?

guv;2912144

Hmm. Im none the wiser from that!Did you have to pay for it - or was it … Hmm. Im none the wiser from that!Did you have to pay for it - or was it free?Doesnt look like CMS. Do you have to log in to edit a page directly from the website itself?

its a website been paid for ....... its a custom made site..........

jason ...... this is a big ask ....... you can trust me if you like but b4 i can help you i need to see the code for the site.......

or contact 34sp and ask them to help you update it

i ahev never heard of them so have no idea how or what they use to code

Banned

jasonrat;2912147

]i can change this ok]but not too sure how i can change this

Can you explain how you make your edits? (not detail - just what you use and if its direct to the site without any web editing tools.)

Banned

jasonrat;2912150

yes i log in and can change the text but dont know how i can change the … yes i log in and can change the text but dont know how i can change the format or add buttins

Ah, OK.

Its probably straight forward, but its unlikely anyone here could show you without having access to view it.

Original Poster

guv;2912155

Can you explain how you make your edits? (not detail - just what you use … Can you explain how you make your edits? (not detail - just what you use and if its direct to the site without any web editing tools.)

i log in vi a content management system
i can change the menu(text only) front page(text) and add change photos but thats about it
i need to change the form and add a new button

Banned

jasonrat;2912150

yes i log in and can change the text but dont know how i can change the … yes i log in and can change the text but dont know how i can change the format or add buttins

Ah, OK.

Its probably straight forward, but its unlikely anyone here could show you without having access to view it. faevilangel is better at coding than I am. So probably suggest giving him access details so he could amend.

guv;2912160

Ah, OK. Its probably straight forward, but its unlikely anyone here could … Ah, OK. Its probably straight forward, but its unlikely anyone here could show you without having access to view it. faevilangel is better at coding than I am. So probably suggest giving him access details so he could amend.

i won't amend nothing yet...... just need to see how they code etc .........

jason do you have access to upload more files etc ?

Original Poster

Pudding '.$_POST['puddingadults'].'
Strudel '.$_POST['strudeladults'].'
Cheese Board '.$_POST['cheeseboardadults'].'
Cheescake '.$_POST['cheesecakeadults'].'

Children:
Pudding '.$_POST['puddingchildren'].'
Strudel '.$_POST['strudelchildren'].'
Cheese Board '.$_POST['cheeseboardchildren'].'
Cheescake '.$_POST['cheesecakechildren'].'

i had a look at the files and found things like this

if i chnged it on the file would it load up as a webpage or do i need to ftp or whatever?

jasonrat;2912173

Pudding '.$_POST['puddingadults'].' Strudel … Pudding '.$_POST['puddingadults'].' Strudel '.$_POST['strudeladults'].' Cheese Board '.$_POST['cheeseboardadults'].' Cheescake '.$_POST['cheesecakeadults'].'Children: Pudding '.$_POST['puddingchildren'].' Strudel '.$_POST['strudelchildren'].' Cheese Board '.$_POST['cheeseboardchildren'].' Cheescake '.$_POST['cheesecakechildren'].'i had a look at the files and found things like thisif i chnged it on the file would it load up as a webpage or do i need to ftp or whatever?

ok i know what you mean ..... somehow
do not change them ......... your form will not work .......

you have found the page that the form u have, goes to ....... thats where it sends the data when a user enters it ............

what do you want to change on the form?

i can give you the code to do it ............

jason i just noticed where you are :?:

im less than a mile from you, right along siddington road ...........

Original Poster

im hoping to match up the christmas menu to the christmas bookings

]http//ww…day

]http//ww…php

so they are the same

Banned

jasonrat;2912183

im hoping to match up the christmas menu to the christmas bookings … im hoping to match up the christmas menu to the christmas bookings ]http://www.thegreyhound-inn.co.uk/christmas-bookings.php?content=christmas_day]http://www.thegreyhound-inn.co.uk/book-christmas-day.phpso they are the same

LOL. So how many bookings do you get from Afghanistan?:w00t:

Changing the form and POST fields shouldnt be too difficult, but access would be needed to at least one file that will be hidden from view.

jasonrat;2912183

im hoping to match up the christmas menu to the christmas bookings … im hoping to match up the christmas menu to the christmas bookings ]http://www.thegreyhound-inn.co.uk/christmas-bookings.php?content=christmas_day]http://www.thegreyhound-inn.co.uk/book-christmas-day.phpso they are the same

oh you want the said itesm available on both forms ?

match ]http//ww…day to ]http//ww…php ???

or other way round?

guv;2912191

LOL. So how many bookings do you get from Afghanistan?:w00t:Changing the … LOL. So how many bookings do you get from Afghanistan?:w00t:Changing the form and POST fields shouldnt be too difficult, but access would be needed to at least one file that will be hidden from view.

there is no file hidden from view..... the form submits to itself then does something in background ....... and with the code i cant check what

it could store in database or send email to jason

Original Poster

i need to change the form
because i can change the menu by cms

jasonrat;2912200

i need to change the formbecause i can change the menu by cms

so you want the one form changed to be identical to the other ??

Original Poster

faevilangel;2912202

so you want the one form changed to be identical to the other ??

yes please
i have changed the main christmas menu ok
but the booking form is still last years

jasonrat;2912204

yes pleasei have changed the main christmas menu okbut the booking form … yes pleasei have changed the main christmas menu okbut the booking form is still last years

basically you need to change all the tags...... i can do it but not tonight (still drunk from last night)

basically the tags Pudding '.$_POST['puddingadults'].' need to be changed to what you want ......

you really have 3 options.... i can try to show you how to do it on here & run you through each step
2, im given access to your accounts & do the changes for you
3. i can pop down anytime you want (i live on siddington road) and show you how to do it & help you sort it out

p.s i don't charge :-d i have written 4 or 5 sites for members on here and never charged anyone :-D (i think im losing out lol )

Original Poster

i appreciate your help

id love to take options 1 or 3 because its something ive always wanted to learn

and how would i be able to add a button is that a scripting thing or will i need a button maker

thanks

jasonrat;2912987

i appreciate your helpid love to take options 1 or 3 because its … i appreciate your helpid love to take options 1 or 3 because its something ive always wanted to learnand how would i be able to add a button is that a scripting thing or will i need a button makerthanks

you can either make it using a program on the internet or code one :-D

Original Poster

faevilangel;2914198

you can either make it using a program on the internet or code one :-D

thanks as you know i have two buttons there one christmas day the other christmas celebration
i need to make one similar but to rename it christmas buffet

would the code or button be in one of my files and i simply edit it or is it more difficult than that?
many thanks

jasonrat;2916374

thanks as you know i have two buttons there one christmas day the other … thanks as you know i have two buttons there one christmas day the other christmas celebrationi need to make one similar but to rename it christmas buffetwould the code or button be in one of my files and i simply edit it or is it more difficult than that?many thanks

them 2 buttons are code made, they are not graphics........ ccould you post the code for the page they are on....... i can then find how they are coded & show you how to introduce another

canny little site their Jason, sure the boys could've/would' ve designed you a better one like.

faevilangel, guv and i guess myself can always sort you out if you have any problems. Angel better at stuff than Guv is, and vise versa.. Im just learning from these two! :thumbsup:

Disco;2916644

canny little site their Jason, sure the boys could've/would' ve designed … canny little site their Jason, sure the boys could've/would' ve designed you a better one like.faevilangel, guv and i guess myself can always sort you out if you have any problems. Angel better at stuff than Guv is, and vise versa.. Im just learning from these two! :thumbsup:

ty :oops: :-D

jason i have checked your code (i used a little known backdoor) and i have found the code to it
i have added the extra button to the menu ....... i just need to know which page you want the button to go to,,,,,,,

Original Poster

well i havent got the page yet but it will be connected to chrismas
so one button christmas celebration, another christmas day and the last christmas buffett

jasonrat;2916982

well i havent got the page yet but it will be connected to chrismasso one … well i havent got the page yet but it will be connected to chrismasso one button christmas celebration, another christmas day and the last christmas buffett

yup, just making the button look the same as others, then all good to go :-d
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. One4all Gift Cards no longer accepted by Amazon.co.uk11
    2. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git514
    3. A new low for British politics.22
    4. Ordered the Xbox One X from Argos? Delivery could be 00:01 on 07/1133

See more discussions