Any Word experts?

Found 15th Nov 2017
Can someone please tell me how to get narrator in windows 10 to read from Word?

It'll read the window title and other pointless garbage, but not the actual body of the text (which is the point of having it, isn't it?).

Thanks.
Community Updates
Ask
5 Comments
philphil6122 m ago

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=get+narrator+in+windows+10+to+read+from+Word&oq=get+narrator+in+windows+10+to+read+from+Word&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#kpvalbx=1

Works reading form dialog boxes, window titles and note pad but not from Word...
steve122120 m ago

Works reading form dialog boxes, window titles and note pad but not from …Works reading form dialog boxes, window titles and note pad but not from Word...

Even with just "Ease of Access" Narrator I can get it to read text in Notepad - if you want I'll test on Google Docs but I doubt there will be much difference/issues

Open Narrator
Click on document window
Drag and select text (should be bold blue box around selected text) and it starts reading it
Try this

philphil6112 h, 9 m ago

Even with just "Ease of Access" Narrator I can get it to read text in …Even with just "Ease of Access" Narrator I can get it to read text in Notepad - if you want I'll test on Google Docs but I doubt there will be much difference/issuesOpen NarratorClick on document windowDrag and select text (should be bold blue box around selected text) and it starts reading it

It'll read about 200 words from notepad and then stop no matter how much text it selected.
It will not read anything from Word apart from the title of the doc file.

So notepad is no use and I have a 78,000 word doc file to go through and as I have to spell and context check it moving 200 words a time to notepad is totally impractical.

I've looked at the vid you posted, thank you for that, but I don't have the 'speak' option in the file list.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants