Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Any Xbox one x owners here? Issue with console maybe?

Posted 29th Oct
Just purchased a new xbox one x console and have it set to energy saving mode, When I turn the console off via the control pad it shuts down but I can still here like a fan noise or hd noise for like a minute after, Is this normal? thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
My Xbox One S does the same, I can hear the hard drive, I just presumed they all did it!
Thanks just been told they all do this on another gaming forum
Have you been living in a cave?

Pretty much everything with a fan will do this (except for a room fan) ...where cooling is required due to close proximity heat creating components, a fan blowing cool air is the norm in both operation & as part of the shut down to ensure things are a safe temperature before signalling the final "off" after use, likely including any hard disk based tv box you use, computers (since the 1990's etc) cars with turbos after a run ...yes really that long.
Mr_Gus29/10/2019 10:41

Have you been living in a cave?Pretty much everything with a fan will do …Have you been living in a cave?Pretty much everything with a fan will do this (except for a room fan) ...where cooling is required due to close proximity heat creating components, a fan blowing cool air is the norm in both operation & as part of the shut down to ensure things are a safe temperature before signalling the final "off" after use, likely including any hard disk based tv box you use, computers (since the 1990's etc) cars with turbos after a run ...yes really that long.

Yeah thanks for the sarcasm, Always one, It was just question looking for a answer but maybe without the sarcasm..
fedorfan7729/10/2019 11:13

Yeah thanks for the sarcasm, Always one, It was just question looking for …Yeah thanks for the sarcasm, Always one, It was just question looking for a answer but maybe without the sarcasm..

Its not sarcasm, its reality! ..open your eyes & your brain receptors.

PS nails for wood are still a big thing ..now that is sarcasm!
Edited by: "Mr_Gus" 29th Oct
Mr_Gus29/10/2019 11:14

Its not sarcasm, its reality! ..open your eyes & your brain receptors.PS …Its not sarcasm, its reality! ..open your eyes & your brain receptors.PS nails for wood are still a big thing ..now that is sarcasm!

Really...My desktop pc and laptop are fine..Eyes are fully open, Again was just a question...Again
fedorfan7729/10/2019 11:16

Really...My desktop pc and laptop are fine..Eyes are fully open, Again was …Really...My desktop pc and laptop are fine..Eyes are fully open, Again was just a question...Again

perhaps you ought to go clean around the fan of your desktop then if not au fait with the mechanics of the thing.
fedorfan7729/10/2019 11:13

Yeah thanks for the sarcasm, Always one, It was just question looking for …Yeah thanks for the sarcasm, Always one, It was just question looking for a answer but maybe without the sarcasm..

Don't waste your time with unhelpful replies, just set the user to mute/ignore. It's a reasonable question to check the behaviour of your console is as expected.
it stays on for diffrent length of times to cool and finish off the data on hdd... if you have the home xbox set to instant on it will automaticly start at diffrent times or the hard drive will start up to down load and update...
Thanks for the help!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants