Groups
    EXPIRED

any1 help regarding my puppy

SuperEd
    got a lil puppy staff problem is when we go out(no more than 2 hours) or close the door he wont stop crying and now the flat above have complained to us.
    anyone know what i can do to help stop the crying?

rep will be given many thanks

26 Comments

a radio or a blanket that has your scent on it

take him for a long walk to wear him out so he should just sleep while u are gone

Original Poster SuperEd

tried taking him for a walk hes more mental when he gets in havent tried the radio yet but had his blanket last time and ripped it up along with newspaper and his bowls were upside down lol

Get one of these and put the neighbours under it?? :w00t:

http://www.marshall-landscapes.co.uk/images/landscapes/patio1.jpg

I'm sure I also read that you aren't supposed to make a huge fuss of them just before you leave and when you first get back. I tend to distract mine with food or a nice chew when I go out and always leave the radio on. It should be relatively straightforward to cure, good luck

Ps - mines staff (well half anyway) so know how bonkers they can be!

goonertillidie;4334377

tried taking him for a walk hes more mental when he gets in havent tried … tried taking him for a walk hes more mental when he gets in havent tried the radio yet but had his blanket last time and ripped it up along with newspaper and his bowls were upside down lol

awwwwwww bless, what about plenty of things to chew so he won't rip his blankets x x x x x
    my springer spaniel used to rip the wallpaper

record your voices on cd and play it to him on repeat?

skusey;4334412

record your voices on cd and play it to him on repeat?

Next day neighbour comes round and says "can you keep your voices down" :lol:

Unfortunatly they will cry for a long while as he is a) a pup and b) they love people.

Has he got a crate?? How he get on at night??

Crates are good they can go in there and can be put in there and they feel secure i have a crate for my dog, although i have 2 staffys, the older one is ok and hates crates, i crate trained my younger one from day one, he loves going in there as its his space now.

He will cry for a while until he gets used to being left. How old is he?

I leave the TV on for mine - Sky news so I know they'll hear lots of talking. I leave it on low volume all night too. They're 2 now but have done this since they were puppies and they're noisy without it on. Also, leave and return quite casually, no goodbyes or hellos. That way they don't get 'revved up' as you leave.

Susannah;4334450

Also, leave and return quite casually, no goodbyes or hellos. That way … Also, leave and return quite casually, no goodbyes or hellos. That way they don't get 'revved up' as you leave.

Yep, can vouch for that method!

Original Poster SuperEd

amcol;4334449

Unfortunatly they will cry for a long while as he is a) a pup and b) they … Unfortunatly they will cry for a long while as he is a) a pup and b) they love people.Has he got a crate?? How he get on at night??Crates are good they can go in there and can be put in there and they feel secure i have a crate for my dog, although i have 2 staffys, the older one is ok and hates crates, i crate trained my younger one from day one, he loves going in there as its his space now.He will cry for a while until he gets used to being left. How old is he?

he is 15 weeks tomorrow!

you call get plug in's that calm them down had them for my staffie and worked once they are older all they do is sleep when your out lazy sods but its becuse they are too people friendly

bestpetpharmacy.co.uk/det…267

you can norm get them from your vet as well

Take your neighbours out for a walk!

Yes - crate, toys, corner position and loud ticking clock.
    If that doesn't solve it in a couple of days then:
    Train to wait quietly for you by saying something like 'See you later'( and you can give a little treat) and go out, shut the door but come back in quite soon. No fuss but just open crate door if you get one. Repeat load of times getting longer and longer.

hi we had this with our pup you could try puting a top on for a while then when it has your scent leave it with pup x

mine used to cry when being left in the crate at night. I got one of those wheat bag toys and microwaved it just before bed and snuggled it into her blanket and then put her in next to it so it was warm next to her. Now she is bigger she still has the toy but I've removed the wheat bag incase she chewed it. She also has a huge bone she gnaws on. Sometimes I take her out in the car and leave her there - she has her own cushion and a blanket in there and is usually snuggled in it when i get back. All good practice for leaving her alone at home

we had a crate with our pup used to put him in there during the day to sleep we also used this at night , crate was in kitchen and we shut the door but if he started making a noise we would go back after 5mins, leaving it longer each time he soon got used to it

good luck

we had dreadful time with our dog,the woman upstairs could tell us exactly how long we were out for,we tried everything and she only stopped after over 2 yrs when we got a cat and she had company

My dog still barks and crys and he is 6 years old lol, just doesnt like being on his own, he also whistles in the car, have tried everything bar earplugs lol

Susannah;4334450

I leave the TV on for mine - Sky news so I know they'll hear lots of … I leave the TV on for mine - Sky news so I know they'll hear lots of talking. I leave it on low volume all night too. They're 2 now but have done this since they were puppies and they're noisy without it on. Also, leave and return quite casually, no goodbyes or hellos. That way they don't get 'revved up' as you leave.

that must be expensive lol

Banned

we had kind of the same problem got so bad one person was always at home at once but it all hanged when we got another dog to keep the first dog company

We also crate our Collie, he barked and chewed everything and hated being left alone (although he has a westie for company, not crated but in the same room)

He still has 2 hour crate time each day even when we are not going out, easier to get jobs done and when we need to go out he doesnt make a fuss about going in there now and he's alot quieter. He's eventually stopped chewing blankets and he also loves a Kong stuffed with peanut butter, veg, ice cubes or anything else that can fit in there.

For general barking at home when we are in we use a spray bottle with water, he only has to see it near a hand and he goes quiet

We gave our dog a teddy that we had slept with, so it smelt of us. She was fine when she had that for company. Still has it when she goes to bed or she cries

When a puupy cries when left alone its bacause it thinks its lost and is letting his owner/parent know where it is to come get it, not much you can do they grow out of it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?712
      2. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424014478
      3. Virgin Media Price Hike retention Deals1319
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047086

See more discussions