Groups
    EXPIRED

Anybody a registered childminder?

Banned
    I'm thinking of becoming a registered childminder because i am always looking after children.

Anybody a registered childminder on here or any advice on becoming one?

53 Comments

You should ask your local opportunities centre. The one near me gave me all the information i needed to start. or your local council should be able to help with info

yes i was-i did a course first and i got starter books free and insurance for the first year. I did it for 2 years and didnt anticipate the annual inspection being so rigorous! I have had five kids myself and had a toddler at home so I was safety conscious-but the inspector picked up lots of things and I even had to get details of plants in my garden! I appreciate the safety issues but they are OTT.
    If you mind in the child's home you dont need to register as far as I am aware.

pinkkitty2007;2288925

You should ask your local opportunities centre. The one near me gave me … You should ask your local opportunities centre. The one near me gave me all the information i needed to start. or your local council should be able to help with info

Pink are you still a childminder?

You might get a bit of info ]HERE DLM...

louloo;2288943

Pink are you still a childminder?

No i stopped when i had my last two.

pinkkitty2007;2288951

No i stopped when i had my last two.

did you find it worth it though? i couldnt recommend it! maybe if the children are younger but i had vicious 5-11s-lol

louloo;2288968

did you find it worth it though? i couldnt recommend it! maybe if the … did you find it worth it though? i couldnt recommend it! maybe if the children are younger but i had vicious 5-11s-lol

Welli was looking after my friends little ones who were the same age as my little girl so i quite enjoyed it

I'd maybe edit your ]previous statement before becoming one though :whistling: :thumbsup:

midlandscomics;2289012

I'd maybe edit your ]previous statement before becoming one though … I'd maybe edit your ]previous statement before becoming one though :whistling: :thumbsup:

Your sharp this morning midlandcomics...:-D :shock:

midlandscomics;2289012

I'd maybe edit your ]previous statement before becoming one though … I'd maybe edit your ]previous statement before becoming one though :whistling: :thumbsup:

:shock: That is an interesting take on childminding

Original Poster Banned

I love children, only good ones though.

When they are bad, my fella can deal with them.

DLM;2289046

I love children, only good ones though.When they are bad, my fella can … I love children, only good ones though.When they are bad, my fella can deal with them.

Will he not be at work while you are childminding?

Banned

is this a windup?

Original Poster Banned

pinkkitty2007;2289054

Will he not be at work while you are childminding?

I will only be looking after my neighbour's children, they are very good.

Paul is with us today, he is disabled and lovely.

He is never a problem, we took him to Chester Zoo yesterday.

My other half does work but he is 6ft 6inches, so if i say that i am gonna speak to him about their behaviour, they usually go quiet.

DLM;2289046

I love children, only good ones though.When they are bad, my fella can … I love children, only good ones though.When they are bad, my fella can deal with them.

:? good children:whistling: lol they exist:roll:

midlandscomics;2289012

PMSL

"Hello..........Social services????" :-D

DLM;2289078

My other half does work but he is 6ft 6inches, so if i say that i am … My other half does work but he is 6ft 6inches, so if i say that i am gonna speak to him about their behaviour, they usually go quiet.

:shock: Using fear is not the way to go :shock:

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;2289096

PMSL"Hello..........Social services????" :-D

The comment i made, was sarcasm, maybe you don't understand mancunian humour.

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;2289108

:shock: Using fear is not the way to go :shock:

What do you suggest?

DLM;2289124

What do you suggest?

Well if you think using fear and intimidation to make children behave is the way forward then i hope they don't give you permission to childmind. :?

Banned

DLM;2289124

What do you suggest?

This is deffo a wind up, it seems you are unsure whether you have the ability to cope if things go wrong , my advice keep the disabled kid away from you for his safety only

its a wind up surely????

Original Poster Banned

Syzable;2289137

Well if you think using fear and intimidation to make children behave is … Well if you think using fear and intimidation to make children behave is the way forward then i hope they don't give you permission to childmind. :?

Maybe if there was more fear of the police, parents etc...

There would be less problems in society.

I know not to cross my father.

Original Poster Banned

Genious_Gamer360;2289140

This is deffo a wind up, it seems you are unsure whether you have the … This is deffo a wind up, it seems you are unsure whether you have the ability to cope if things go wrong , my advice keep the disabled kid away from you for his safety only

Why?

His father is happy enough for us to look after him.

I don't need your permission.

DLM;2289151

Maybe if there was more fear of the police, parents etc...There would be … Maybe if there was more fear of the police, parents etc...There would be less problems in society.I know not to cross my father.

you are serious???

Banned

Genious_Gamer360;2289140

This is deffo a wind up, it seems you are unsure whether you have the … This is deffo a wind up, it seems you are unsure whether you have the ability to cope if things go wrong , my advice keep the disabled kid away from you for his safety only

Syzable;2289137

Well if you think using fear and intimidation to make children behave is … Well if you think using fear and intimidation to make children behave is the way forward then i hope they don't give you permission to childmind.

DLM;2289117

The comment i made, was sarcasm, maybe you don't understand mancunian … The comment i made, was sarcasm, maybe you don't understand mancunian humour.

Syzable;2289108

Using fear is not the way to go

Syzable;2289096

PMSL"Hello..........Social services????" :-D

midlandscomics;2289012

*looks........waits......... thinks..........

decides to just leave it and walk away from the thread*

Taxi for DLM :-D

louloo;2289163

you are serious???

:?Seems like it

Syzable;2289169

Taxi for DLM :-D

Give her a chance, shes only been back 5 mins!

Edit, sorry 40 mins

pinkkitty2007;2289171

:?Seems like it

oh right-bye then:roll:

Original Poster Banned

Why would i not be serious, i looked after another neighbour's son Christopher, he is 4 now.

I looked after him when he was 3 last year, for the six week holidays.

He was fine and loves my home, me and my fella.

He goes to a childminder who is fat, ugly, gives him paste on his sandwiches and takes him nowhere.

He is better off at mine, where he is well fed, loved and entertained.

I think tthis is more of a ' I'm back' thread... I've missed a few words out...

Best of luck to you if your serious..

Your not serious are you??????????? are you??

I thinks your sat at home giggling at this..

DLM;2289198

He goes to a childminder who is fat, ugly, gives him paste on his … He goes to a childminder who is fat, ugly, gives him paste on his sandwiches and takes him nowhere..

I hardly think what she looks like has anything to do with her childminding abilities do you?

DLM;2289198

Why would i not be serious, i looked after another neighbour's son … Why would i not be serious, i looked after another neighbour's son Christopher, he is 4 now.I looked after him when he was 3 last year, for the six week holidays.He was fine and loves my home, me and my fella.He goes to a childminder who is fat, ugly, gives him paste on his sandwiches and takes him nowhere.He is better off at mine, where he is well fed, loved and entertained.

Does it really matter if his childminder is 'fat, ugly and gives him paste on his sandwiches? His parents obviously think it's okay, if they send him to them :?

Fat, ugly & Paste = BAD, BAD Childminder

Threats of intimidation = Goooooood Childminder

PMSL

Original Poster Banned

pinkkitty2007;2289211

I hardly think what she looks like has anything to do with her … I hardly think what she looks like has anything to do with her childminding abilities do you?

I do, i think she doesn't give a toss about her appearance, so therefore doesn't give a toss about much.

DLM;2289218

I do, i think she doesn't give a toss about her appearance, so therefore … I do, i think she doesn't give a toss about her appearance, so therefore doesn't give a toss about much.

Ouch. Maybe she has better things to do in her life than worry about things that dont matter

Original Poster Banned

midlandscomics;2289212

Does it really matter if his childminder is 'fat, ugly and gives him … Does it really matter if his childminder is 'fat, ugly and gives him paste on his sandwiches? His parents obviously think it's okay, if they send him to them :?

She is the only one in the area that is registered because my neighbour has to use a registered childminder to get the money back from the government.

It must be a real strain for you being a gorgeous, perfectly manicured, slim childminder of the year.
    I applaud your abilities.

Not really. :-D

Original Poster Banned

pinkkitty2007;2289223

Ouch. Maybe she has better things to do in her life than worry about … Ouch. Maybe she has better things to do in her life than worry about things that dont matter

Of course it matters, i would not have my children minded by an elephant.

What if they run off, will she be able to reach them without having an heart attack?

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
    2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
    3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
    4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions