Anybody complain to companies?

Found 24th May 2015
If my item/food received is not as should be I do complain via email. Does anybody else and what did you get back from them?
I've been sent a good amount of vouchers and toys.
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
I complained to pizza hut once about the quality of their buffet and they sent me £50 in vouchers. I wrote back to thank them for the vouchers and they sent me another £20.
Lol that's not bad at all
I complained to a lot of companies and they offered to correct the order. Never given me anything as an apology for their screw up. Even one retailer claimed to have shipped an item which I never received an email for nor was it updated on their website to say it was shipped and they tried to make an argue out of it. (That was TheGameCollection for a 3DS game). Just Amazon was kind enough to replace a faulty phone battery. They told me to buy a new battery, select the fastest shipping and then email them the order number. After that they changed the price to £0
Disney was a good one for me, complained about a car from wreck it ralph that paint had come off within minutes of play. They wanted me to send it to them but I said I didn't want to due to my kid wanting it still to play with, so they sent out a box with 2 wreck it ralph items worth £40, a £5 voucher, and some other little things, my daughter was pleased as was I =D
I complained to Fray Bentos about how difficult their pies were to open, and said that I'd broken a can opener on one of them.

They sent me £15 to buy a decent can opener X)

For what it's worth, this is the one I bought. It opens everything with ease, even corned dog cans, and is still going strong more than 5 years later X)

http://s6.postimg.org/dqp0qeblt/screenshot_61.png

I complained at Disney World hotel about the noisy area they had given us as a hotel room and they upgraded our hotel, moved us while we were out at the parks and gave us £150 of Disney dollars as well. Fantastic service.
many examples . . .

mcdonalds for missing item(s), got the whole order replaced for free on my next visit. (phone)

KFC for missing gravy! they offered 4 chicken strips free on my next visit.
(phone)

Gillette for a duff razor that scratched my face, got £20 vouchure that no where will accept! (email)
and need to write again as its happend again, seems the top blade is bent upwards compared to the others!

Naturo dog foods, found a piece of blue plastic in one of there pouches. they did a full investigation and found it has come from one of their machines. they did a full recall on the batch and compensated me with some free dog foor and £5 tesco gift card. (again by email)
deeky

I complained to Fray Bentos about how difficult their pies were to open, … I complained to Fray Bentos about how difficult their pies were to open, and said that I'd broken a can opener on one of them. They sent me £15 to buy a decent can opener X)For what it's worth, this is the one I bought. It opens everything with ease, even corned dog cans, and is still going strong more than 5 years later X)

haha brilliant!
I also just complained about my kids toy they both got 'fashems' of my little pony, complained as both the eyes on both toys came off and they sent me 4 more
I complained to Itsu when my tongue got scoulded whilst drinking some soup. I got a phone call the next day apologising and they offered me a free meal.
BobIzYaUncle

Naturo dog foods, found a piece of blue plastic in one of there pouches. … Naturo dog foods, found a piece of blue plastic in one of there pouches. they did a full investigation and found it has come from one of their machines. they did a full recall on the batch and compensated me with some free dog foor and £5 tesco gift card. (again by email)

When we sent a complaint about the blue plastic that we found in a tin of Mr Dog (or it might have been Pedigree Chum) we received a low value coupon and a letter explaining all about slaughterhouse practices, ear tags and how they only use lungs in their product. Talk about too much information. oO
Etadeu

When we sent a complaint about the blue plastic that we found in a tin of … When we sent a complaint about the blue plastic that we found in a tin of Mr Dog (or it might have been Pedigree Chum) we received a low value coupon and a letter explaining all about slaughterhouse practices, ear tags and how they only use lungs in their product. Talk about too much information. oO

Wow that is a bit too much lol
very recently complained to cadbury that my packet of twirls keeps giving me flakes or half covered twirls got a £3 voucher.

caked up Kingsmill to say their 50/50 bread should weigh 800g but only weighed 715g I was 2 slices short of a full loaf. got £3 again I think in vouchers.

family circle biscuits in date had a white powdery (I think mould) substance on all the biscuits. wad told to send it in and they sent out some coupons can't remember the value but I'm guessing it was mould as they didn't confirm what the white substance was.

pack of smarties opened and only 5 came out called up for a voucher again.

actually come to think of it I've got quite a bit.

The best service was from sainsburys bought a pair of washing up gloves that were lumpy inside making them apart impossible to wear. only called them up to make them aware lady on the phone refunded me for them and another pair that I'd managed to spilt in one use wasn't really expecting anything in that call.
Complained to Findus, as the Crispy Pancakes I bought emptied while cooking, so I was essentially left with some battered breadcrumb shells. Sent me out £5 voucher off of their products
stuarthanley

I complained to pizza hut once about the quality of their buffet and they … I complained to pizza hut once about the quality of their buffet and they sent me £50 in vouchers. I wrote back to thank them for the vouchers and they sent me another £20.

You should have written back again to thank them for the additional £20 lol
asda give out vouchers like no tomorrow, I complained about how damaged the box was, it was refunded plus £5 compensation, I then got a phone call offering me another £5 in compensation.

I complained to ticktock tea bag company as loads were split, they sent me a whole box in compensation.
both Ben and Jerry's and old el paso gave £5 vouchers after sending email about quality.
I do this loads. If something is genuinely wrong, then you should complain. They're usually willing to try and put it right.

Best response was from Mr Porky pork scratchings, I found some blue plastic on one of them. They sent me a full letter of explanation after an investigation, and a box of 40 bags of scratchings. I wasn't very happy at first but after I saw how they handled it I was impressed. They didn't mess around.

Bernard Matthews sent me £12 of vouchers once because my mini kievs didn't have any filling in them (the best bit!) and I've had vouchers off McDonalds, Greggs, Tesco, Dominos, Pizza Hut... all sorts. Just complain very politely, state facts and how it made you feel. It's always worked for me.
Yeah I only complain about things that are genuinely wrong. Also I'm always polite and state how it made me feel, I don't start slagging them or anything lol And I don't ask for anything I just wait for their reply and see if they will send anything
I got a £10 voucher from asda when i took back a lettuce that had a catapillar in. Assumed it was dead but didnt know it was there until i'd cut it in half!
Yes i also complain the best method is email. Normally get vouchers of next ahop or they deduct the money but please only do this if there is a fault or theyl catch u out lol
Complained to Morrison's when I grazed my finger on a bottle of juice £10 voucher.

Complained to Asda when I bought a meat pie that had no meat in it £5 voucher

I always complain via Twitter. Makes the process quicker
I noticed my muffin was out of date in Cafe Nero, they refunded the cost of the muffin, gave me a replacement, and gave me a fully stamped card for a free coffee next time. I also emailed Pedigree after getting a can of dog food which was spoiled when I opened it, they sent me a voucher for a 6 pack.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants