Expired

Anybody else fed up with 'Once' competitions?

18 replies
Found 24th Oct 2009
Getting really pe-- off with all these competition advertisements. Can't find a way to block them since they supposedly come from various people - anyone know how to do it without blocking other things?

18 Comments

eh? Dont click on competitions tab?

cbryanp;6673749

eh? Dont click on competitions tab?

hadnt thought of that! :w00t:

But if you dont want to see them look over them...not difficult, as they are valid competitions.

Can you not use the custom tab and just not select competitions? :?

Original Poster

Rather difficult as I watch 'All' and don't want to tick everything individually. Would welcome only constructive comments please.

doogan9;6673794

Rather difficult as I watch 'All' and don't want to tick everything … Rather difficult as I watch 'All' and don't want to tick everything individually. Would welcome only constructive comments please.

oh well. Attitude like that wont get you much help. Good luck!

doogan9;6673794

Rather difficult as I watch 'All' and don't want to tick everything … Rather difficult as I watch 'All' and don't want to tick everything individually. Would welcome only constructive comments please.

well mine was constructive as why should it not be there as they are valid competitions.

But im guessing you want to see some of the competitions but not those specific ones? if so dont believe there is a way of doing so.

StevenA2000_uk;6673846

we learned that the hard way!:whistling:

StevenA2000_uk;6673846

+1 I think your response was v constructive.

Serious question for OP:

I take it that the "once" in that section means one off competitions. So if you are not looking to enter these type of competitions, what other type of competition are you trying to enter?

Original Poster

I like seeing all the posts on this forum and have done for years. However I am not interested in any competitions at all since I have a cynical view of them. Unfortunately there appear to be about 5 times as many competition offers as any other subject. I would like to exclude them but cannot find a way of doing so without ticking all the forums excluding 'Competitions'. If anyone knows a way to do it I would be very pleased with advice.

StevenA2000_uk;6673793

Can you not use the custom tab and just not select competitions? :?

This...hotukdeals.com/cus…ngs

doogan9;6674030

I like seeing all the posts on this forum and have done for years. … I like seeing all the posts on this forum and have done for years. However I am not interested in any competitions at all since I have a cynical view of them. Unfortunately there appear to be about 5 times as many competition offers as any other subject. I would like to exclude them but cannot find a way of doing so without ticking all the forums excluding 'Competitions'. If anyone knows a way to do it I would be very pleased with advice.

why? have you had a bad experience with one?

EADG123;6674140

In general a lot of the comp particularly from smaller websites and companies are an excuse to get your email and/or addy and spam the life out of you. I have an email that was used for nothing but comps and I get a ridiculous amount of emails a day as well as a number of 'you have tried to reset your password' type things.

Original Poster

cbryanp;6674110

This...http://www.hotukdeals.com/custom-settings

It looks to me as though you can only select one forum - but I might be wrong.

cbryanp;6674193

In general a lot of the comp particularly from smaller websites and … In general a lot of the comp particularly from smaller websites and companies are an excuse to get your email and/or addy and spam the life out of you. I have an email that was used for nothing but comps and I get a ridiculous amount of emails a day as well as a number of 'you have tried to reset your password' type things.

true, it can get quite annoying, it makes it harder to spot the 'Congratulations...' ones:-D

Original Poster

EADG123;6674140

Well I don't think they are put there for the benefit of the viewer or even the mutual benefit of viewer and poster.

doogan9;6674255

It looks to me as though you can only select one forum - but I might be … It looks to me as though you can only select one forum - but I might be wrong.

You select 'Deals' then click the + sign beside it and then you can select others :thumbsup:

Original Poster

cbryanp;6674412

You select 'Deals' then click the + sign beside it and then you can … You select 'Deals' then click the + sign beside it and then you can select others :thumbsup:

That's great - many thanks - rep added.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Dog advice please. Think my Labrador is dying after catching the cold99
    2. Driving anxiety.2739
    3. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…820
    4. Aliexpress - To be trusted?68

See more discussions