Anybody Else Feel They Have Had Covid-19, Even Though You Haven't Been Tested?

Posted 2nd AprEdited by:"sotv"
I feel I have had it and got through it in the last 6 days. Be very surprised if it wasn't, but not being able to be tested or no after the event tests available yet, I can't be 100% sure. This is my experience of the last 6 days

I had the main 2 symptoms they told you too look out for plus 2 others

Dry Cough fits (no phlegm at all) mine were in spurts usually 1 to 2 hours in length spread over the first 72-96 hours.
A hot to the touch chest and small of back. (these were hotter than my forehead)

A couple of other symptoms I had but not necessarily common to everyone
Bouts of frequent tiredness (no bad thing, sleeping helped a lot with coping with it) I felt
Sore eyes (if you have ever suffered with hay fever) that sort of stinging gritty eyes, but there 24/7 before and during it. Very difficult not to touch your face, when they are so sore

This was the first 4 days and I got up Tuesday Morning thinking that was it, as I felt a lot better in myself and the coughing seemed to have calmed down. But 8 hours later I struggled quite a bit for the following 36 hours. The cough came back twice as vicious and painful with it in my lungs, every time I did. Also experienced shortness of breath and struggling to get air into me for the first time in my life, for 24 hours or so and if that is what proper asthmatics have to go through, you have my respect. A little bit scary tbh.

Reluctant to call it over for a second time, but woke up this morning and my whole body although sore in places from all the coughing, feels very, very different in a good way than it did this time yesterday. So fingers crossed, that really is it over and done with.

I now have to worry and carry the guilt if I have passed it onto my wife (got to wait another 7 days to see) who is more vulnerable than me and although I am a type 2 diabetic, I have no other underlying conditions. We have kept seperate from each other within the house for the past 6 days. But it is the incubation period, where you don't know you have it. That is obviously the worry.

Stay safe everyone and just stay indoors unless you really, really have to go outside, is my advice. It’s not pleasant, even if this is what they class as mild symptoms, certainly in my experience. I went out once in 3 weeks, that was 12 days ago to get some bread and milk, as just couldn't get an online delivery, anywhere, I have stayed in the house the whole time otherwise for 3 weeks and my wife has even longer, But that was enough to get it, it appears.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
bascule02/04/2020 09:55

I'm sure I had it in early march, had a few symptoms, but no cough. …I'm sure I had it in early march, had a few symptoms, but no cough. Weirdest bit was the loss of sense of taste, and this was before I had ever seen it mentioned in the press. I went through loads of things, just eating a few mouthfuls, no flavour at all.

Loss of taste would be a good thing with my wife’s cooking...
17 Comments
I have been hibernating as much as I can but, I had a sniffly nose I thought it's this it? (I get hayfever) but of course that isn't a symptom of COVID-19. I think we fear the worst, but hope for the best. Hope you guys are OK, this is dark times... dark times.
Edited by: "JRSC01" 2nd Apr
Sounds like very much you had it. I wouldn't focus too much on the symptoms. Often I've become ill at a similar time as the wife so same bug but we display different symptoms.
Our bodies react differently to the same bug.
Loads of people I talk to say they think they’ve had it, with the littlest symptoms. Makes me lol, majority will be in there head. Mass hysteria, that’s all people talk about and see in the news, so for most the weak mindedness sets in..

im not saying you don’t have it but answering the question you asked..
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 2nd Apr
I've had a cough on and off for a little over a week and kept thinking 'God no I've got it!' but with my mental health I'm a nervous wrecked and always think the worst
My mates showing all the symptoms and hes in a bit of a bad state, hes self isolating at the moment so fingers crossed it's just a common cold or something else.
Guys a cough and fewer has been going around . Doesn’t look like virus as it’s been going around early March but it really makes you think what is going on in this country.
I'm sure I had it in early march, had a few symptoms, but no cough. Weirdest bit was the loss of sense of taste, and this was before I had ever seen it mentioned in the press. I went through loads of things, just eating a few mouthfuls, no flavour at all.
bascule02/04/2020 09:55

I'm sure I had it in early march, had a few symptoms, but no cough. …I'm sure I had it in early march, had a few symptoms, but no cough. Weirdest bit was the loss of sense of taste, and this was before I had ever seen it mentioned in the press. I went through loads of things, just eating a few mouthfuls, no flavour at all.

around our way, back at the tail end of last year- there was a terror of a cold going around. a colleage was hospitalised as was my mum as it resulted in breathing difficulties. with my mum- she got chills that just would not subside, high temp and went blue grey on her face- she also had a little cough which lingered for ages after. at the time she didn't even have the energy to lift a glass of water to her mouth.. and at one point could get words out (slurry) that the docs did tests for stroke etc. they sent off cultures and even they came back clear- (no bacteria). anyway..as a result, auntie got very ill too although no one else had to be hospitalised... everyone in the immediate family had the dreaded cough and fever (latter for a night or two). back at work, most colleagues had a terrible time over chrimbo/ new year due to the spread of some virus...

I'm pretty sure, it's done its rounds here. and did so, back in 2019
Edited by: "samwants2save" 2nd Apr
samwants2save02/04/2020 11:11

around our way, there was a terror of a cold going around. a collage was …around our way, there was a terror of a cold going around. a collage was hospitalised as was my mum as it resulted in breathing difficulties. with my mum- she got chills that just would not subside, high temp and went blue grey on her face- she also had a little cough which lingered for ages after. at the time she didn't even have the energy to lift a glass of water to her mouth.. and at one point could get words out (slurry) that the docs did tests for stroke etc. they sent off cultures and even they came back clear- (no bacteria). anyway..as a result, auntie got very ill too although no one else had to be hospitalised... everyone in the immediate family had the dreaded cough and fever (latter for a night or two). back at work, most colleagues had a terrible time over chrimbo/ new year due to the spread of some virus... I'm pretty sure, it's done its rounds here. and did so, back in 2019

Similar here and that was after I`d had the flu jab .
mikeportsmouth02/04/2020 11:15

Similar here and that was after I`d had the flu jab .

yup my folks have the jab too (and did so last year) as did my aunt (oaps)
Edited by: "samwants2save" 2nd Apr
I don’t know of any collages but I’m sure some colleges might have had some cases!
Bargainhead02/04/2020 10:51

Ouch!
Yes OP we have all had those same symptoms except add to that no sense of smell or taste. I'm convinced we've all had it, except one of my children who seems to have escaped (asymptomatic carrier?)
Hopefully your wife stays healthy. Also it’s possible she had what you had but she was asymptomatic.
Had a sore throat, hot cold sweats and a snotty nose so 99% sure just common cold as that's not really a symptom. Lasted about 5-6 days in total.

Wife had a sore throat for a couple of days about a week after me. Baring that we'd only know if we got the antibody test which imo is a more valuable test for folk that aren't hospitalised etc..
Symptom wise I could almost believe the family had it in mid December. Only universal and forensically detailed antibody testing would break the orthodoxy that CV-19 only hit these shores in February.
Edited by: "harrythefish" 3rd Apr
Mid February I got sick with a really bad dry cough & fever. I have been sicker before in my life, but it was definitely the worst cough I have ever had- for several days I would spend hours at a time coughing 4-5 seconds out of every 10 seconds and nothing soothed it. It was really bad for about a week and then slowly improved. That was several weeks before the first confirmed case in Scotland, where I live, so I doubt it was CV-19. So I suspect it was either circulating earlier than they think or (more likely) that a lot of people who now think they have had CV-19 have actually just had a case of the same cold/flu/whatever I caught. Without testing it is impossible to know as there are just too many other things that have similar symptoms as a "mild" case.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions