Anybody else struggling to connect to wi fi with new Nintendo DSi

19 replies
Found 3rd Apr 2009
Hi
trying to connect putting in wep code nothing happening keeps telling me unable to obtain IP address. Anybody able to help or having same problem.

19 Comments

At last...

...A Nintendo DSi thread.

it may have something to do with your router, u may need to log into your router n maybe lower ur firewall, i had same problem with my Wii,all fine now tho, if you go to google and type something to the effect like cannot connect my nintendo dsi (and your router if u know it) it may show a few other people with same problem just work from there and try what they did

Banned

thesaint;4822443

At last......A Nintendo DSi thread.

If you don't wish to read the content, just ignore it instead of posting your continual patronising of members.

Or - you could try to help. Ok, maybe not that.

Supermod

thesaint;4822443

At last......A Nintendo DSi thread.

You are like a turd that will just not flush.

Supermod

In the Internet options, have you got "auto-obtain" on the last two options? One is DNS and I cannot remember the other. I have been online today with my DSi.
What error code is it giving you?

Has the saint got a DSi?

Banned

magicjay1986;4822509

You are like a turd that will just not flush.

I LOL (Seriously)

Supermod

Abvance;4822518

Has the saint got a LIFE?

No. He does not.

I know the DS could connect with the BT Homehub V1.5 but not V2.0 -- are you a BT Broadband customer..?

connected no probs for me at 7am this morning-using bt homehub(white one)

1000 free points when you register at nintendo shop-grabbed paper plane which is highly addictive-only a few games available so far tho. web browser is a free download but Im finding it quite slow to load pages.

what does everyone think in general tho? the matte finish is quite cool but I think they really need to get some more stuff in the shop rapid-where are the region specific special dsi games? thought there would be one blockbuster dsi only game for launch day? unless they are claiming warioware snapped is it!

Supermod

barky;4822632

connected no probs for me at 7am this morning-using bt homehub(white … connected no probs for me at 7am this morning-using bt homehub(white one)1000 free points when you register at nintendo shop-grabbed paper plane which is highly addictive-only a few games available so far tho. web browser is a free download but Im finding it quite slow to load pages.what does everyone think in general tho? the matte finish is quite cool but I think they really need to get some more stuff in the shop rapid-where are the region specific special dsi games? thought there would be one blockbuster dsi only game for launch day? unless they are claiming warioware snapped is it!

I personally think, its not very appealing to anyone over the age of 16. What does it offer that would get someone hooked on it.

DS Lite for me is superb. It can take TTDS and it great. Bought a DSi today and I am going to get rid of it tomorrow I think.

Original Poster

keep getting codes that trouble shooting tell me could not connect or could not find the IP address. I have put the WEP code in but still struggling.

Supermod

Goofey's Girl;4822662

keep getting codes that trouble shooting tell me could not connect or … keep getting codes that trouble shooting tell me could not connect or could not find the IP address. I have put the WEP code in but still struggling.

Remember to put it back on...but remove the WEP from the router settings and try and connect the DSi without the WEP key.

magicjay1986;4822509

My toilet is blocked with a turd that will just not flush.

Eat more fibre in your diet, it'll clear that right up.

Abvance;4822518

Has the saint got a DSi?

Getting one soon, need to manipulate some piccies, and quick.

thesaint;4823260

Eat more fibre in your diet, it'll clear that right up. :)Getting one … Eat more fibre in your diet, it'll clear that right up. :)Getting one soon, need to manipulate some piccies, and quick.

Which flash cart are you getting for it?

Abvance;4823286

Which flash cart are you getting for it?

All the "i" variants work, but if I were to get one (which I am not), I would get an Acekard 2i.

magicjay1986;4822652

Bought a DSi today and I am going to get rid of it tomorrow I think.

Couldn't wait?

hotukdeals.com/ite…ib/

Supermod

thesaint;4823657

Couldn't … Couldn't wait?http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/372574/fs-white-nintendo-dsi-bnib/

Why on earth would I want to sell the same DSi on here that I can quite easily take into CEX tomorrow and get £145 in cash in my hand?

If I deal on here I lose PayPal fees and postage. Where is the sense in that? My household has 4 DSi consoles following purchases today - 2 at Game following a DS Lite trade in and 2 at Gamestation. Not that I should have to explain that to you but I am as I am not on this site to profiteer. Since 2007 I have not sold anything on here.

Original Poster

Just to say we woke up and connected no problem at all this morning so dont know what the problem was.

At least i have one happy kid now.
Thanks for all your help.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Rugged Android Phone/Tablet11
    2. Where to find a new Macbook pro 13" 2015 model?11
    3. Driving anxiety.2737
    4. Tablet recommendation ror 5yr old- ideally with a stylus11

See more discussions