Groups

Anybody else think Slumdog Millionaire (and Dev Patel) is over rated?

Don't know what all the fuss was about...I thought Dev Patel was wooden in Skins, nothing has changed that view after watching this film, the kids out acted him easily... Agree or Disagree?!!

24 Comments

Disagree. Fantastic film, loved it completely. Think Dev is completely different in Slumdog to Skins and did a great job. Love the story line, all the mini-stories.

Banned

No. Thought it was a good film.

/Thread

Original Poster

I think its a good movie but not one of the best of all time some were saying, but still unconvinced with Mr Patel...!

ei8hty5ive;7536242

I think its a good movie but not one of the best of all time some were … I think its a good movie but not one of the best of all time some were saying, but still unconvinced with Mr Patel...!

totally agree

good watchable film but never deserved all those awards

very good film and was going to watch it when i first knew it was on, but after the adverts for it i just did not want to the advert put me right off

Over rated, not as good as suppose to be.
    /thread.

Definitely overated. I remember shouting at the tv last year when it kept getting all those undeserved Oscars.

I really enjoyed the film thought it was fab, but have to agree that the kids were better actors.

Original Poster

Don't get me wrong, i think its a pretty good movie just not deserving of the (over) hype!! And why is this a 'feelgood' movie? The only light hearted moments were the kids giving the guided tours and the end credit dancing!!

leave dev patel apart..what has happen to freida pinto.. she posin for d&g and sh*t...from slums to d&g strait afta oscars.. she didnt even act much for the movie.. the kids deserve better!

Original Poster

squadonline;7536417

leave dev patel apart..what has happen to freida pinto.. she posin for … leave dev patel apart..what has happen to freida pinto.. she posin for d&g and sh*t...from slums to d&g strait afta oscars.. she didnt even act much for the movie.. the kids deserve better!

Yeah, she didnt do much acting but dayammmmmnn shes hot!!

Lulu'sMammy;7536291

Over rated, not as good as suppose to be. /thread.

+1

ei8hty5ive;7536436

Yeah, she didnt do much acting but dayammmmmnn shes hot!!

wat shes hot? yo she luk lyka propa indian girl outta da slums.. i fink u gotta chek on sum bollywood celebz to take her outta ya eyes..

btw its just her LUCK that gave her this FAME!

squadonline;7536481

wat shes hot? yo she luk lyka propa indian girl outta da slums.. i fink u … wat shes hot? yo she luk lyka propa indian girl outta da slums.. i fink u gotta chek on sum bollywood celebz to take her outta ya eyes..

and being out of the slums must be a terrible thing right?
    some comments on here really amuse me.........

It's a great movie, slightly overrated with the awards but still by all means great.

Original Poster

DarkKnight;7536637

It's a great movie, slightly overrated with the awards but still by all … It's a great movie, slightly overrated with the awards but still by all means great.

Im not even sure I'd call it a great movie...Am I being harsh? Good movie yes but a GREAT movie like The Godfather, Its a Wonderful Life, Pulp Fiction or Shawshank Redemption? Umm...

Good film, not as great as some ppl say. Was surprised it got so many awards, thought that The wrestler was a much better film

It's totally over-rated tosh!

Original Poster

Chidda;7536694

Good film, not as great as some ppl say. Was surprised it got so many … Good film, not as great as some ppl say. Was surprised it got so many awards, thought that The wrestler was a much better film

I liked the wrestler, not a big Rouke fan but he did good in it...But Marisa...one word WOW.

Chocadooby;7536293

Definitely overated. I remember shouting at the tv last year when it kept … Definitely overated. I remember shouting at the tv last year when it kept getting all those undeserved Oscars.

yeah keep the oscars for quality films like The English Patient :whistling:

Enjoyable film - kids were easily the best - very few Oscar winners live up to their awards.

I watched it as TV mag gave it 5 stars.
    Managed to stay awake until the end but thought it was very slow and jumpy to start with.
    Didn't think any of the acting was spectatular - though I am a soap watcher so probably not the best judge!
    Took me a while to get into what was going on and found the small printed subtitles at the beginning (quite a lot of the beginning) hard to see (and i was wearing my glasses)

[ ] OP has any knowledge on films
    [x] thread failed.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What do these 2 men have in common1218
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…34
      3. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio79
      4. Any Xbox One news today?2356127

See more discussions