Found 31st Dec 2010
hei,

i am from up north and will b going to london for a one day trip.

is basically a short trip thus i am just wondering if anybody know:

1. where can i store my luggage for 5 hours?
2. how much is a single day ticket covering just zone 1 + 2?

THANKS IN ADVANCE

1. Misc
  2. London
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. London
12 Comments

well last time we paid £7.50 and it covered all zones?

Original Poster

thanks

mumbojumbo

Left luggage at the train station about £6.50 per 24 hours.£6.60 off peak … Left luggage at the train station about £6.50 per 24 hours.£6.60 off peak travelcard zones 1-2.£8.00 anytime travelcard zones 1-2.

Just to add, not all train stations have left luggage facilities - King's Cross and Victoria both definately do, and probably a lot of main ones, but I know for example London Bridge doesn't (though if you're coming from up north I'd be impressed if you ended up here

Also be aware that fare increases are coming into play from Jan 2nd...

If you're planning on ever coming into London again I'd advise getting an Oyster card - works out cheaper on each individual journey and full day's use will be less than a travelcard... but you do have to pay a £3 refundable deposit.... Basically paper tickets are now just used to rip off tourists
Edited by: "suspiciousmole" 31st Dec 2010

Supermod

Victoria coach station to store luggage.

Pretty sure Liverpool Street has left luggage facilities, if that's where you're arriving (probably not!)

...Just read Oyster card refundable deposit is actually increasing from £3 to £5 in new year...

suspiciousmole

Just to add, not all train stations have left luggage facilities - King's … Just to add, not all train stations have left luggage facilities - King's Cross and Victoria both definately do, and probably a lot of main ones, but I know for example London Bridge doesn't (though if you're coming from up north I'd be impressed if you ended up here ;)Also be aware that fare increases are coming into play from Jan 2nd...If you're planning on ever coming into London again I'd advise getting an Oyster card - works out cheaper on each individual journey and full day's use will be less than a travelcard... but you do have to pay a £3 refundable deposit.... Basically paper tickets are now just used to rip off tourists

Thank you for the information about the Oyster card. Will get one now

Oyster card is a £3 deposit you can get back by giving the card back. It will increase to £5 deposit 4th of Jan I think.

Whoops just read again and th above two points have been raised.
Edited by: "Starr" 31st Dec 2010

Original Poster

thanks everybody for the advice

il get an oyster asap.

also is the locker coin operated? that has unlimited access?

Hello, I'm going London from Manchester on Monday, does anybody know how much a day pass on the tubes will be? It's just for a day out. I'm 15, for the age boundaries. Thanks in advance.

mmmkbb

thanks everybody for the adviceil get an oyster asap.also is the locker … thanks everybody for the adviceil get an oyster asap.also is the locker coin operated? that has unlimited access?

Only can confirm about one in Victoria but would imagine it's the same elsewhere - they're not so much lockers as left luggage - so you'll hand your stuff over to someone and they'll give you a ticket/token. Don't think that one's 24hours mind but I expect you would be able to access it without paying extra but i never have done so not certain!

moejoejoejoex

Hello, I'm going London from Manchester on Monday, does anybody know how … Hello, I'm going London from Manchester on Monday, does anybody know how much a day pass on the tubes will be? It's just for a day out. I'm 15, for the age boundaries. Thanks in advance.

It depends on where you'll be going if just central London, zones 1-2 will be £3 as it's off peak and you're under 18 BUT I would strongly advie bringing some form of ID to prove your age... also there's a fair few lines closed on Monday - TfL's website has details of all line closures: tfl.gov.uk/tfl…t=2
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I5 7600k vs i5 740011
    2. Computer upgrades89
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London22
    4. Whey protien629

See more discussions