Groups

Anybody got any advice on how to sell a house without estate agents

We are wanting to put our house up for sale. however estate agent fees are AH!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So we are thinking of doing it ourself... anybody got any advice to offer would be appreciated especially from people who have gone thru the process.

Thanks

15 Comments

Have you seen that prog on BBC1 in the week called Axe the Agent, thats good and will give you tips on what to do.

Was just going to suggest that. They have some great ideas. Its propably on demand if you have cable tv

amcol;4703502

Have you seen that prog on BBC1 in the week called Axe the Agent, thats … Have you seen that prog on BBC1 in the week called Axe the Agent, thats good and will give you tips on what to do.

KazzyD;4703520

Was just going to suggest that. They have some great ideas. Its … Was just going to suggest that. They have some great ideas. Its propably on demand if you have cable tv

Lol, snap!

caught the last few minutes yesterday, can imagine they give some decent tips.

wouldnt want to sell my house at a time like this.

Banned

Would you not consider renting it out?

there is a new show on one of the Sky lifestyle channels about it too-i'll try and remember what it is called

Original Poster

We need to downsize as my husband has become disabled... therefore we need to purchase a bungalow.

Banned

Heppy;4703705

We need to downsize as my husband has become disabled... therefore we … We need to downsize as my husband has become disabled... therefore we need to purchase a bungalow.

Sorry to hear that, hope you get sorted soon.

ChipSticks;4703552

Lol, snap!caught the last few minutes yesterday, can imagine they give … Lol, snap!caught the last few minutes yesterday, can imagine they give some decent tips.

You can watch it on BBC iplayer. I think theres about 10 episodes you can watch

Banned

1 million raffle tickets at 50p each.

put me down for 10

casparwhite;4703758

1 million raffle tickets at 50p each.put me down for 10

This thought as tempted me, with my house lol I wonder how many people off here would go for it lol I feel a new post coming on lol

What I would say is that Estate Agents maybe have people on their books who may want to buy your house and from watching 'Axe the Agent', people are encouraged to 'prepare their houses for sale - clean, paint, furnish and then readily drop thousands off their price at the drop of a hat!

Therefore I would suggest that
    a) You might actually sell your house with an agent using their data base.
    b) You may get more money (enough to pay their fees).
    c) Watch the program and use the tips for selling with an agent.

try an online agency for much reduced rates
    House simple is just one.

alfie73;4704170

This thought as tempted me, with my house lol I wonder how many people … This thought as tempted me, with my house lol I wonder how many people off here would go for it lol I feel a new post coming on lol

ill have a few tickets heehee :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …198538
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846296
      3. Your dream gaming set up?1845
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523422

See more discussions