Groups
    EXPIRED

Anybody had problems with latest lollipop update onthe Nexus 4?

Got an OTA 5.0.1 update come through but every time it restarts to install the Android icon comes on then says failed, anybody know why? It is rooted, could this bthe problem?

6 Comments

OTA updates often fail if rooted, you will probably need to unroot and put it back to stock for them to work again.

Original Poster

cactusbob

OTA updates often fail if rooted, you will probably need to unroot and … OTA updates often fail if rooted, you will probably need to unroot and put it back to stock for them to work again.

Will try the unroot, pretty sure it updated to lollipop without unrooting, but see what you mean. Thanks for the reply.

Or just flash it yourself. HERE. I've not updated to 5.0.1 so have no idea what it like. I'm rocking 4.4.4.

I'll probably stick with it until 5.1
    Edited by: "GAVINLEWISHUKD" 19th Dec 2014

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Or just flash it yourself. HERE. I've not updated to 5.0.1 so have no … Or just flash it yourself. HERE. I've not updated to 5.0.1 so have no idea what it like. I'm rocking 4.4.4. :)I'll probably stick with it until 5.1

Nice 1, can you go back from 5 to 4 etc, and if so is it the same process of installation?

kramvic

Nice 1, can you go back from 5 to 4 etc, and if so is it the same process … Nice 1, can you go back from 5 to 4 etc, and if so is it the same process of installation?

Yes you can roll back but a different method. I just used youtube/forum/educated guess. HERE is quite a detailed video of the process but done on a mac.

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Yes you can roll back but a different method. I just used … Yes you can roll back but a different method. I just used youtube/forum/educated guess. HERE is quite a detailed video of the process but done on a mac.

Cheers, gonna have a look.(_;)
    Edited by: "kramvic" 19th Dec 2014
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047132
      2. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2240
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767346
      4. What would be HELL to you?2634

See more discussions