Anybody have any advice on choosing a robot vac?

Posted 10th Jun 2020
I don't want to spend too much but very interested.
I have a dog, rugs and wooden floor. Lots of options out there.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Eufy! Amazon have the 11s Max on DoTD today, £167.99 - amazon.co.uk/dp/…938

See reviews, highly doubt you'd regret it. You can pay more for smart functionality, different sensors etc, but I think the Eufy offers amazing value for the performance and does the intended job really well.
Edited by: "morgie" 10th Jun
I’d double it and get one of the roborock models with laser positioning. Something like the S50, the cheaper models are frustrating because they don’t know where they are in relation to the dock or anything else. They can be had for under 300 from Europe or under 350 from the U.K. the Xiaomi Mijia 1s is due out soon and is priced at $319 if you can get hold of one
Thanks - I'm going to do some more research but those are definetly good starting points for me.
Loads of reviews and videos on YouTube that might help your research alongside the reviews on Amazon etc.
morgie10/06/2020 16:42

Loads of reviews and videos on YouTube that might help your research …Loads of reviews and videos on YouTube that might help your research alongside the reviews on Amazon etc.

Thank you!
Yeah. Don't marry it
Edited by: "wayners" 10th Jun
Second hand Irobot - preferably 600 series with aerovac dust collector. I know, I've got two Staffies that moult short hairs everywhere. I have 9 Irobots (was a bit of a hobby buying duff ones and repairing them - I know a bit geeky). They are brilliant at pulling dog hairs out of carpet, so wooden floor would be easy. Be aware, that most of them have cliff sensors and will not vacuum black carpet (they think it's stairs). I disabled cliff sensors on 6 of mine as I have a black rug. You should see the dog hairs when I empty them. Even one will clean a medium sized room, particularly if you make it do it twice.
Obviously, they are not as intelligent as the modern ones that map the room, so it's random movement. I also have a Samsung that maps the room with camera...but that is nowhere near as good as Irobots.
I should really put a video up when all 9 are going, it's something else...
philajones10/06/2020 20:08

Second hand Irobot - preferably 600 series with aerovac dust collector. I …Second hand Irobot - preferably 600 series with aerovac dust collector. I know, I've got two Staffies that moult short hairs everywhere. I have 9 Irobots (was a bit of a hobby buying duff ones and repairing them - I know a bit geeky). They are brilliant at pulling dog hairs out of carpet, so wooden floor would be easy. Be aware, that most of them have cliff sensors and will not vacuum black carpet (they think it's stairs). I disabled cliff sensors on 6 of mine as I have a black rug. You should see the dog hairs when I empty them. Even one will clean a medium sized room, particularly if you make it do it twice.Obviously, they are not as intelligent as the modern ones that map the room, so it's random movement. I also have a Samsung that maps the room with camera...but that is nowhere near as good as Irobots.I should really put a video up when all 9 are going, it's something else...

Wow, thanks for writing all that. Would love to see all 9 in action!
I grabbed a cheap one from lidl of all places. I was curious, been really impressed with it especially given I have 2 small dogs. Might be worth a go for you when they get back in stock? Not everyone gets on with the every day thing instead of every other / third. Adjusting furniture height and vacuum proofing curtains / cables / rugs will save you a headache too :P
Post a comment
@
    Text