Anybody have bought anything from Digibase? Need opinion for nintendo switch

Found 8th Nov 2017
It stated to be as 235 pound which is an absurd price for a new console at this point in time

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
23 Comments

mod

Hey - I've had to remove the link from this as the seller wouldn't be suitable for HUKD, but good luck with finding some info

Original Poster

crisscross1 m ago

Hey - I've had to remove the link from this as the seller wouldn't be …Hey - I've had to remove the link from this as the seller wouldn't be suitable for HUKD, but good luck with finding some info

Thanx. I need info regarding digibase as I tried searching them online but to my dismay I cannot find anything

Can you dm me the link? I cannot find it online

If not, I’ll give you this advice:
If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

Dolphinzz1 h, 18 m ago

Can you dm me the link? I cannot find it onlineIf not, I’ll give you this a …Can you dm me the link? I cannot find it onlineIf not, I’ll give you this advice:If something seems too good to be true, it probably is.

whois.com/who….uk

The website is roughly less than 2 weeks old.

The price is a real steal which is more than likely a scam. I would expect to pay £230 for a private used sale (shpock, gumtree and the likes).

This caught my eye:

Return

If you're not 100% happy with your new Gadget, just let us know within 30 days of delivery and you can return it for a full refund. See our Terms and Conditions for information on how to cancel or email us sales@digibaseltd.co.uk or call us on +447414791512.

That's a mobile number....

The website is pretty well made. It's a template for sure. But higher quality for a typical scam. But with this being a 27th/11/2017 registered site, that's where I'd be careful.
Edited by: "kos1c" 8th Nov 2017

Original Poster

kos1c1 h, 41 m ago

https://www.whois.com/whois/digi-base.co.ukThe website is roughly less …https://www.whois.com/whois/digi-base.co.ukThe website is roughly less than 2 weeks old. The price is a real steal which is more than likely a scam. I would expect to pay £230 for a private used sale (shpock, gumtree and the likes). This caught my eye:ReturnIf you're not 100% happy with your new Gadget, just let us know within 30 days of delivery and you can return it for a full refund. See our Terms and Conditions for information on how to cancel or email us sales@digibaseltd.co.uk or call us on +447414791512.That's a mobile number....The website is pretty well made. It's a template for sure. But higher quality for a typical scam. But with this being a 27th/11/2017 registered site, that's where I'd be careful.

thanx. didnt notice the 2 weeks reg. should avoid this then

Dronelover21 m ago

thanx. didnt notice the 2 weeks reg. should avoid this then

I would avoid just to safe.

It's difficult getting a used console at that price. Let alone a brand new one.

kos1c2 h, 31 m ago

https://www.whois.com/whois/digi-base.co.ukThe website is roughly less …https://www.whois.com/whois/digi-base.co.ukThe website is roughly less than 2 weeks old. The price is a real steal which is more than likely a scam. I would expect to pay £230 for a private used sale (shpock, gumtree and the likes). This caught my eye:ReturnIf you're not 100% happy with your new Gadget, just let us know within 30 days of delivery and you can return it for a full refund. See our Terms and Conditions for information on how to cancel or email us sales@digibaseltd.co.uk or call us on +447414791512.That's a mobile number....The website is pretty well made. It's a template for sure. But higher quality for a typical scam. But with this being a 27th/11/2017 registered site, that's where I'd be careful.

Yeah that’s what I was gonna search the website on but didn’t have the link for it so couldn’t.

Dolphinzz1 m ago

Yeah that’s what I was gonna search the website on but didn’t have the lin …Yeah that’s what I was gonna search the website on but didn’t have the link for it so couldn’t.

I luckily found it by googling digibase Nintendo switch and it came back with a page.

Original Poster

Dolphinzz7 m ago

Yeah that’s what I was gonna search the website on but didn’t have the lin …Yeah that’s what I was gonna search the website on but didn’t have the link for it so couldn’t.

Sorry bout not giving the link. my comment usually went to moderator and poof

kos1c30 m ago

I luckily found it by googling digibase Nintendo switch and it came back …I luckily found it by googling digibase Nintendo switch and it came back with a page.

Ah that’s what I searched and it didn’t come up with anything

Dolphinzz4 h, 23 m ago

Ah that’s what I searched and it didn’t come up with anything

Just tried again and it was

Google > digibase Nintendo switch > kelkoo result > digibase

32396710.jpg32396710.jpg
Edited by: "kos1c" 8th Nov 2017

Hey guys,

I may (but hopefully may not) have ran into this trap.

The website does look genuine, the company does exist and their phone number is real too.
After ordering though, I got a little suspicious because I didn't get any confirmation for a while... I made my order yesterday night, and only today morning I got a mail that their online payment system is not working and that I can transfer the money through bank transfer. At this point I still wasn't suspicious enough to stop, so I went with it... Now I'm at the point when I'm waiting them to confirm my payment (or realise that I got scammed)...

I will keep you guys posted, hopefully with good news.

Original Poster

oO7-Emil3 h, 39 m ago

Hey guys,I may (but hopefully may not) have ran into this trap.The website …Hey guys,I may (but hopefully may not) have ran into this trap.The website does look genuine, the company does exist and their phone number is real too.After ordering though, I got a little suspicious because I didn't get any confirmation for a while... I made my order yesterday night, and only today morning I got a mail that their online payment system is not working and that I can transfer the money through bank transfer. At this point I still wasn't suspicious enough to stop, so I went with it... Now I'm at the point when I'm waiting them to confirm my payment (or realise that I got scammed)... I will keep you guys posted, hopefully with good news.

Hope the best for you. I didnt know that you jump the gun. Anyway, if it somehow went well post it as a deal instead? ALthough I still have my doubt in the website based on the others opinion

BAD NEWS (especially for me):
At this point I'm almost entirely sure that it was a scam/fraud. They stole my card details, so I had to block and change my card.

Original Poster

oO7-Emil1 h, 56 m ago

BAD NEWS (especially for me): At this point I'm almost entirely sure that …BAD NEWS (especially for me): At this point I'm almost entirely sure that it was a scam/fraud. They stole my card details, so I had to block and change my card.

thanx for the info. Apparently avast price seeker is not accurate at all. I got the website from avast internet toolbar. I wish the best for you. Hopefully everything will go well after this

Hi all

I ordered a Nintendo Switch on Saturday (18.11.17) despite having a degree of anxiety purchasing from an unknown retailer (Digi-base)

I also did not get a confirmation email despite the website showing my transaction had been successful. My suspicions were up so I phoned this morning (20.11.17) and got through on their advertised phone number.

Spoke to a central/eastern sounding European gentlemen who didnt even introduce himself and on answering said 'Yeah!?' no intro to the company or nothing. Completely knowing this was a con, started to ask him more difficult questions and he seemed to have all the answers and said the Switch was at a special promo of £235 I ended the call and have now blocked my credit card. Fortunately no has been taken from my card.

This is a rather elaborate scam. If, like me, you have made a bank transfer get in touch with your bank immediately and they should refund and start a fraud investigation.

So grateful I looked on here!
I too took advantage of what seemed a fantastic bargain!!! No order number on completion, no confirmation email! I waited the rest of the day then decided to contact them via their London based contact number! The guy on the end of the phone answered with 'hello, yeah?' He kept making out like he couldn't hear me. He said he'd send me an email, but I got nothing! I rang again to check and still nothing.
So I saw this thread and checked with my bank, nothing had been taken from my account but I've had to stop both cards! At Christmas too 😔 but that's better than the alternative!
Thanks all!

and this is why people still scam others. Why are people so quick at handing over their money without doing any research

benjammin3162 h, 40 m ago

and this is why people still scam others. Why are people so quick at …and this is why people still scam others. Why are people so quick at handing over their money without doing any research

It appeared as a top hit on Google, so I think you could excuse us for thinking it was a viable, trustworthy site at first glance; and with a Google provided link to the site making it appear ok. However, it no longer comes up on Google when you search, I'm guessing it's been reported.
Thankfully we recognised quickly that it was a scam, we are the fortunate ones. I feel sorry for those who didn't realise and have lost money before Christmas- not a time for righteousness 😔

Original Poster

benjammin3163 h, 14 m ago

and this is why people still scam others. Why are people so quick at …and this is why people still scam others. Why are people so quick at handing over their money without doing any research

I make this thread because I saw a deal alert since I am using avast deal alert finder. Avast is the one showing/leading me to the site. It is an elaborate one. I tried searching online but there is no information at all. Therefore, I made this thread in hoping that somebody can give opinion as well as confirming it is a form of scam (e.g. like the one mentioning that this is a website recently built for the sake of scamming). Hopefully this site will prevent it from others getting scammed.

lucy.milner5 h, 43 m ago

It appeared as a top hit on Google, so I think you could excuse us for …It appeared as a top hit on Google, so I think you could excuse us for thinking it was a viable, trustworthy site at first glance; and with a Google provided link to the site making it appear ok. However, it no longer comes up on Google when you search, I'm guessing it's been reported. Thankfully we recognised quickly that it was a scam, we are the fortunate ones. I feel sorry for those who didn't realise and have lost money before Christmas- not a time for righteousness 😔

Never assume a site you've never heard of is trustworthy.

benjammin3163 h, 45 m ago

Never assume a site you've never heard of is trustworthy.

Thanks for that.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions