Anybody heard of the x one phone?

Posted 24th Oct
x-phone.store/

Semi-review here --> theravingtrends.com/xon…ew/

Found out about it via a YouTube pressure attempt to buy at a supposed 50% off "if you buy NOW" deal at £155. If you refresh the page, the timer starts again, so it reeks of FOMO.

Specs are a bit lacklustre -
Xone Phone Technical Specifications
Display: 5.7 inches IPS with 1498 x 720 pixels
CPU: Mediatek MT6739 4-core 1.3 GHz
GPU: IMG PowerVR GE8100
RAM: 2GB
Internal Memory: 16GB
Memory Expansion: up to 128GB
Cameras: 16.0MP + 5MP main and 8.0MP front camera
Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, 3G, 4G, Bluetooth 4.2, and GPS
Battery: 3350 mAh(5V/2A)
Connections: micro-USB port and TF card slot`
Weight: 171.5 grams
Dimensions: 149.2 x 72.2 x 9.7 mm

I've no experience of using a device with a Mediatek CPU and bullplop OS version that's two iterations behind. What else is available at this sort of pricepoint? Anybody suggest something that's more worthy of ~£150?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
Xiaomi redmi note 8
Never heard of it, neither has GSM Arena (my go to spec's site). I'm sure there are much better phones out there at that price point such as the Xiaomi Switchy mentions or if you don't fancy ordering from China check out the Motorola G7 Play or Power for the same or less money from plenty of UK vendors.
Isn’t this just the Apple X + 1 = 11? Lol
Their Contact-Us page has got a 0203 number (for UK) and a Brazil number
For business address, it says they're located in Estonia
Kaizoku24/10/2019 23:08

Their Contact-Us page has got a 0203 number (for UK) and a Brazil number …Their Contact-Us page has got a 0203 number (for UK) and a Brazil number For business address, it says they're located in Estonia

Another reason not to buy it I guess.
I can't help but think it's been styled to sort of look like an iPhone X from the front so that brasic wannabes can pose with it.

There's nothing cutting edge (not that I'd expect it at the price which they're making out as a 'special price for you my friend') about it.

Fake news, fake hype.
The Adformercial on YouTube tries to imply some fictional hotshot from a company implying Apple, doesn't actually say the brand name, got so annoyed by their increasing prices and decreasing quality, that he gave up his job because he felt brApple were taking the mick out of its customers, so he made a company to make phones that were out of this world but at a great price. (Hijacking OnePlus' mission statement).
MediaTek CPU? Cutting edge? Sounds like they just did a parts bin raid of old Amazon tablets and slapped a phone circuit in it.

I'll take a look at the other models suggested. Ta.
Edited by: "TopTrump" 25th Oct
Reminds me of the Wiley Fox brand that popped up a few years back, ex big league employee who thought he could do better. They ultimately produced well built products but used bargain basement parts to keep the cost down.
I've scanned various reviews of this phone, most of them are in second-language English, maybe out of India. No mainstream spec/review site has yet covered it.

It's a 'no' from me for this model. If they survive, maybe their next phone will be better.

Cons:
So-so spec, only 2GB RAM
No NFC
Every review said it slows down under intensive use, can be slow switching screens
Old-style micro-USB port
No fast charging
No wireless charging
Likely no cases available
Future support dicey
Dodgy permanent 'intro price' status
At least 3 'official' websites
Plenty of misleading sales blurb
John Lewis mentioned on website front page - not available from John Lewis

Pros:
Facial recognition + fingerprint recognition
Dual Sim + MicroSD slot, (not hybrid)
Stand by for a price cut from present £155
Edited by: "Lurkist" 4th Nov
You can get better phones for under £100, it's pretty terrible and overpriced.
Yeah theres a link on a google search to a fake review by the Gaurdian uk news paper takes you to other page not very convincinly trying to be a review

i went direct to the Gaurdian web site they have never reviewed it
walk away .... or run
Thanks for posting this question. The infomercial caught my eye, really tempting. It popped up as an ad on my YouTube feed.

The bit that made me most weary was when they said they kept price low with a zero spend on marketing! Er... how are you on my screen then? And then I Google search and all the ads are from them. Hmmm... nice try but steer clear.
haqi05/11/2019 19:16

Thanks for posting this question. The infomercial caught my eye, really …Thanks for posting this question. The infomercial caught my eye, really tempting. It popped up as an ad on my YouTube feed. The bit that made me most weary was when they said they kept price low with a zero spend on marketing! Er... how are you on my screen then? And then I Google search and all the ads are from them. Hmmm... nice try but steer clear.

I just saw the advert on YouTube and had the same though. They say they don't spend on advertising but I was watching an advert.
It's just a very polished advert full of lies to sell you a cheap phone.
It is just an Ulefone S10 Pro rebranded... it costs half that amount
moulnisky08/11/2019 08:29

It is just an Ulefone S10 Pro rebranded... it costs half that amount

£78.98 - amazon.co.uk/Ule…ZMF
Looks, as you say, exactly the same.

Xphone - Thievin' b45trds. Just goes to show, where's the muck there's brass.
Andrew_Williamsja305/11/2019 18:55

Yeah theres a link on a google search to a fake review by the Gaurdian uk …Yeah theres a link on a google search to a fake review by the Gaurdian uk news paper takes you to other page not very convincinly trying to be a reviewi went direct to the Gaurdian web site they have never reviewed it walk away .... or run

That very favourable XOne review is by 'guardianonline.com', a one-man-band affiliate site full of ads pretending to be actual reviews for an assortment of overpriced terrible products (b00ty cream, p3nis pills, prayer circle e-book etc)."
Edited by: "Lurkist" 11th Nov
I'm getting daily emails to buy this phone where the marketing implies it is a cheap unbranded iPhone X clone . I personally don't realise that the specs are mediocre but I do know that the over-the-top blurb stinks. So I do the usual Google Search and find it doesn't exist except for some very suspicious gushing reviews a few from seemingly respectable websites. Sadly this is the only valid review I find . It would seem to actually be a Ulefone S10 Pro £78 on Amazon which purchasers describe as an OK second phone. Anyway thanks to all above and hope this thread can prevent a few people from being conned.
"I left unnamed company as they were ripping their customers off"

... *Rebrands budget spec £80 phone and sells at 'special' £155 price.
Like zzapper_zzapper above I'm getting endless spam for this - it's obviously a complete pile of crap and you'd have to be insane to buy it compared to getting a cheap phone off AliExpress where there are verifiable reviews.

The xone phone is for spammers to make money from, that's it.
The battery is a bit confusing too, as I have seen it listed as over 5000 milliamperes and reading the specs on the same page 3 just over 3000 milliamperes. And I have to wonder really just which is it?
They've or someone with the same idea is putting out spam adverts about a budget but hi tech smart watch that's firmly aimed at convincing others it's an Apple Watch. Yours my friend for £99.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants