Anybody Here Good With Wiring For Switch with Bathroom Extractor Fan?

Posted 22nd Nov
So I got one of these switch..

3338770.jpg
Anybody here can direct me to where the wiring should go here on the back of this switch? I know I need to switch off at the breaker first before working with wires lol

3338770.jpg
I only see socket for 4 wires. I'm pretty sure I seen that I have 5 or 6 wires?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
The fact there are quite clearly 6 holes for wires there, probably means you should get an expert in to do this.

On the off chance you do this yourself, the supply cable will be L,N,E and they will go in the SUPPLY holes corresponding to the correct letters. The LOAD cable, coming from the extractor fan will go into the LOAD holes corresponding with the correct letters.

Goodluck.
ArcadeAssassin22/11/2019 13:49

The fact there are quite clearly 6 holes for wires there, probably means …The fact there are quite clearly 6 holes for wires there, probably means you should get an expert in to do this.On the off chance you do this yourself, the supply cable will be L,N,E and they will go in the SUPPLY holes corresponding to the correct letters. The LOAD cable, coming from the extractor fan will go into the LOAD holes corresponding with the correct letters.Goodluck.

Oooh awesome.
if I show you photos of wires can you direct me were they go? Pretty please.
shaydoken22/11/2019 13:54

Oooh awesome. if I show you photos of wires can you direct me were they …Oooh awesome. if I show you photos of wires can you direct me were they go? Pretty please.

Hey, why not, might save a life today i suppose.
ArcadeAssassin22/11/2019 13:59

Hey, why not, might save a life today i suppose.

will get this done later on. Let’s say around 5-6pm I’ll post photos. Just out shopping (early Black Friday LOL) then going gym ha h
Edited by: "shaydoken" 22nd Nov
It's the wrong switch for a extractor fan.
You have a fuse spur
Edited by: "kash2013" 22nd Nov
Fan isolation switch

These ones have 6 terminals in the back. L1 L2 and N. One for the incoming wire and one for the outgoing wire.

39072798-3Zgzh.jpg
kash201322/11/2019 15:53

Fan isolation switchThese ones have 6 terminals in the back. L1 L2 and N. …Fan isolation switchThese ones have 6 terminals in the back. L1 L2 and N. One for the incoming wire and one for the outgoing wire.[Image]

Oh so where does the fuse go with that switch you linked?
There is no fuse as the fan circuit comes from the lighting supply which should be on a mains 6a Mcb in the consumer unit.

The issue with using a fused spur is that it isolates only the live (L1) There is no connection for a switched supply (L2) so the fan would still be live from the switch if the fused spurs was in an off position.

A fan isolation switch has no fuse and no need for one.
Is that actually an isolator or a fused spur switch?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions