Anybody Know About Sky Multi Room?

6 replies
Found 16th Mar 2009
Do you need sky boxes in each of the rooms that you want the channels in? We have sky plus set up in one room so if we get multi room and another box set up will we be able to record in the second room? I know you can get that mouse thing so we wouldn't need another box but would like to be able to watch a different channel in the second room.
Thanks

1. Misc
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Sky
6 Comments

If your second box is a normal one you will not be able to record on that one. Only SKY+ or SKY+HD

yep you need another box but to record on both you need to go through sky for the multi room subscription about £10 a month

And you also need it plugged into the phone line if you have multiroom, , you could do what i have done and just use an old Sky card and watch the freesat channels upstairs with a ordinary Sky box , you can get a Sky card on here for around £10

Original Poster

deanos;4655514

And you also need it plugged into the phone line if you have multiroom, , … And you also need it plugged into the phone line if you have multiroom, , you could do what i have done and just use an old Sky card and watch the freesat channels upstairs with a ordinary Sky box , you can get a Sky card on here for around £10

Do both boxes need to be plugged into the phoneline? The one in the living room is but I would rather not have it in the other room.
Yeah I could do that with a normal sky box but would like to be able to record in the second room.

beverley1403;4655692

Do both boxes need to be plugged into the phoneline? The one in the … Do both boxes need to be plugged into the phoneline? The one in the living room is but I would rather not have it in the other room. Yeah I could do that with a normal sky box but would like to be able to record in the second room.

Yes, both boxes need to be plugged into the phone line. If you dont, you will start getting charged 2 sky subcriptions. You need them plugged in so the boxes can phone sky and prove they are both being used int he same house, otherwise you could just get multiroom for a tenner and give the second card to your mate

Banned

JayBird;4656133

Yes, both boxes need to be plugged into the phone line. If you dont, you … Yes, both boxes need to be plugged into the phone line. If you dont, you will start getting charged 2 sky subcriptions. You need them plugged in so the boxes can phone sky and prove they are both being used int he same house, otherwise you could just get multiroom for a tenner and give the second card to your mate

Indeed. If you use sky boxes, this is true. However, if you use 2 linux receivers, you CAN watch any channel on your subscription on either box. :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. So it turns out Micheal Winner is a perverted git35
    2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927404
    3. Lego Dimensions has officially been cancelled. (Statement from TT Games)1718
    4. BrightHouse to pay £14.8 MILLION in compensation to 249,000 customers11

See more discussions