Anybody know anything about cb or ham antennas?

Found 2nd FebEdited by:"SOUTHWALES"
Just purchased A Naygoa antenna, on testing like I do with all my antennas I have sent a live feed from the top of the antenna but it is the outer casing that is getting the live current not the inner, on all my other antennas it has always been the centre pin, please see video. Is this correct

Community Updates
AskGroceries
2 Comments
Depends on the Antenna design, dont know your antenna, but if its got a Balum, Coil or Wave Trap in the design it may not be inner pin to tip, also is it DC grounded? measure the plug inner and screen in Ohms will give you some idea.
zirk1 h, 49 m ago

Depends on the Antenna design, dont know your antenna, but if its got a …Depends on the Antenna design, dont know your antenna, but if its got a Balum, Coil or Wave Trap in the design it may not be inner pin to tip, also is it DC grounded? measure the plug inner and screen in Ohms will give you some idea.

This is the antenna in question with the mag mount ebay.co.uk/itm…~9a

I only have a basic 12v tester and When connected to the magmount if I again send a current from the top or the middle of the antenna and then test the plug end that connects to the radio again it is the outside thread that is live, I always assumed when you transmit on a radio the current is sent up the inner pin and then out putted through the length of the antenna.

33187111-uz6Hz.jpg
And this is my moonraker that I believe to be he correct way and getting the live feed from the centre pin see below.

33187111-Y36JC.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 2nd Feb
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants