Groups
    EXPIRED

Anybody know of any good deals on child car seats?

I look after an 18 month child one day a week and the seat I've got isn't ideal, just wondered if anybody knew of any good deals? I'm looking for one that reclines, possibly a maxi cosi or britax. But the cheapest I've found was about £80 and I cant really afford that.
    Any help would be gratefully appreciated.
    Thanks

10 Comments

Original Poster

jeany123;5677493

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3753646/Trail/searchtext%3ECAR+SEAT.htm

Yeah I looked at that one but was advised to spend a bit more money and get a better quality. Thanks for looking tho:thumbsup:

beverley1403;5677587

Yeah I looked at that one but was advised to spend a bit more money and … Yeah I looked at that one but was advised to spend a bit more money and get a better quality. Thanks for looking tho:thumbsup:

did you look at the tesco direct ones they are britax

i think boots have some on offer, not sure which ones though

Original Poster

jeany123;5677907

did you look at the tesco direct ones they are britax

Yeah also tried there. I looked at the Britax Prince but it needs to be unfastened in order to recline which is a shame.

Original Poster

joharni;5677966

i think boots have some on offer, not sure which ones though

Thats where I'm thinking of getting the maxi cosi, with discounts it will be £79 plus I'll get about £10 worth of points. Not really sure what to do as I cant really afford it but it looks a really good seat

Try mothercare, ask if they have any last year's ones with the old fabric. I got a britax one for £70 just because it's old fabric design. Exact same seat but different fabric is £130. Good luck.

we bought 2 from Asda..one for our car and one for my mums from its a nania..they do all different colours. Only £25!

I can't stress this enough please go to somewhere like Halfords or Mothercare and get someone to try and see which seat fits your car. Not all seats fit all cars (well they will fit but won't be fitted safely)
    We have a very common car (Vauxhall Astra) and out of a huge range of seats only 2 fitted properly, ended up paying £140 on a seat that we only intended budgeting £100 on.
    Please don't comprimise.

Try Halfords, i got my daughters Britax from there half price at 44.99, they have a sale on at the moment.
    HTH
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2542
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767419
      3. The HDUK home for Star Trek: Discovery77
      4. Whoops SNP...Grenfell style cladding all over Glasgow919

See more discussions