Groups

Anybody know the best way to get flowers to someone in hospital?

Banned
    my mum went in for heart surgery yesterday and has had the operation today and everything has gone perfectly , thank heavens. she is back breathing on her own and they have taken the pipe out.

she is on leeds and im in london, my brother is going to visiy tomorrow but i would rather send her some flower seperaty so im making a bit more of a personal effort.

does anybody know the best way to get flowers delivered to the ward at all?

23 Comments

i thought u were not allowed flowers in hospital anyone
    hope ur mum makes a quick recovery x

check whether they're allowed flowers on the ward hunni, sometimes no flowers are allowed when someones had surgery due to hygeine issues x x

Some hospitals allow and some don't-worth checking with the ward first.

I got a gorgeous arrangement from Interflora when I was in.

Ring the ward and check but any local flower shop or Interflora, etc will usually deliver to hospitals...

If its allowed, im sure a florist will deliver some. They deliver to work etc so cant see why they wouldnt go to a hospital

Original Poster Banned

ahh ok thanks, do they have a shop or something there(hospital) so i could send some chocolates or something else and would they take them to her....although i have no idea what.?

she comes out next week all being well and im going up ther for a couple of weeks to help her out as shes gonna be really weak, had the operation cancelled when she had gone in for the preop a few weeks ago and shes been nervous as hell

Ditto...I would check about flowers as many don't allow them any more.

our local one dont allow flowers, i had to send balloons. Check with Hospital ward.

If she is in a while - you could try and sort out a phone so she has one besides her if she requires it...

I hope she recovers well - it's horrid having your mum poorly.

I know lots of people the last 2 years that have had heart surgery - and all of them have made a fantastic recovery XxX

Most major hospitals have ashop but think you will have to go through a delivery service as they are usually a subsidiary of a newsagent.

If they are in St James (Jimmys) try Fitzpatrick Florists Florists
    Tel: 01132 491874

they will deliver and should deliver to LGI

Original Poster Banned

i rang the wardtoday after she had come out see of everything was ok, the nursesaid it would be ok to visit tonight as shed just woke up but really groggy.....i had to say i couldnt as im in london and i felt really bad....my bro his kids will be going tomorrow tho....there is a phone bay near her bed i was told and she has her mobile?

just wondered if they had some kind of service available in the hopital that would deliver giffs/flowers etc

casparwhite;6118544

i rang the wardtoday after she had come out see of everything was ok, … i rang the wardtoday after she had come out see of everything was ok, she said it would be ok to visit tonight as shed just woke up but really groggy.....i had to say i couldnt as im in london and i felt really bad....my bro his kids will be going tomorrow thojust wondered if they had some kind of service available in the hopital that would deliver giffs/flowers etc

Sometimes they do.. you'll need to call the hospital and ask hun x x x

I hope she feels better soon.

Try not to worry too much and go down when you can x x

Original Poster Banned

ok thanks everyone for the replys, i will ring the ward again in the morning when i speak to my mum and ask them....

she has ben terrified and in tears a few times especially after being called in once before a few weeks ago....they had 2 patients and only 1 bed and the other was a 70 year old man so he took priorty:) she has smoked for like 40 years and was told she had to stop before the dr would operate and she has managed to do so and done really well im am really proud of her although id dont show it as much as i should ....she defaulted and had admitted to having 2 when she had to go home after the false alarm tho....really stressed

casparwhite;6118544

i rang the wardtoday after she had come out see of everything was ok, … i rang the wardtoday after she had come out see of everything was ok, the nursesaid it would be ok to visit tonight as shed just woke up but really groggy.....i had to say i couldnt as im in london and i felt really bad....my bro his kids will be going tomorrow tho....there is a phone bay near her bed i was told and she has her mobile?just wondered if they had some kind of service available in the hopital that would deliver giffs/flowers etc

If I was you I would give the hospital a call tomorrow and check on their flower policy. If they do allow them the main reception would accept them and arrange for them to be taken up to her I'm sure. Justs make sure they have the correct ward number and full name so they don't go astray.

Our local hospitals have a 'patients advisory service' don't know if all hospitals do but they should be able to help you, they also operate an on line service where you can choose a card design and add a message,then they will print it out and deliver it to the ward.

Original Poster Banned

thanks again:)

casparwhite;6118570

ok thanks everyone for the replys, i will ring the ward again in the … ok thanks everyone for the replys, i will ring the ward again in the morning when i speak to my mum and ask them....she has ben terrified and in tears a few times especially after being called in once before a few weeks ago....they had 2 patients and only 1 bed and the other was a 70 year old man so he took priorty:) she has smoked for like 40 years and was told she had to stop before the dr would operate and she has managed to do so and done really well im am really proud of her although id dont show it as much as i should ....she defaulted and had admitted to having 2 when she had to go home after the false alarm tho....really stressed

awww what a brave lady honey...

next time you go hug her give her an extra squeeze just from me xxxxxxxx

Send Cake

raptorcigs;6118742

Send Cake

I'll remember that next time you go into wigan x x x

Original Poster Banned

thanks again guys, ive just spoken to my mum and shes doing great......still pumped full of drugs but the physio will be starting later today or tomorrow to help her get back on her feet.

massive relief for all our family

im just getting my brother to get some flowers and some food for her to eat, when he goes to visit later on today as it seems like a huge premium for any other option and she wouldnt approve..... and she wont eat the slop they serve on the ward.......as stubborn as ever!

casparwhite;6124237

thanks again guys, ive just spoken to my mum and shes doing … thanks again guys, ive just spoken to my mum and shes doing great......still pumped full of drugs but the physio will be starting later today or tomorrow to help her get back on her feet.massive relief for all our family im just getting my brother to get some flowers and some food for her to eat, when he goes to visit later on today as it seems like a huge premium for any other option and she wouldnt approve..... and she wont eat the slop they serve on the ward.......as stubborn as ever!

Thats a good sign hun...

I was told by a nurse once that they could tell the patients who'd be going home well as they were always ornery ( moody ) ;-)

casparwhite;6124237

thanks again guys, ive just spoken to my mum and shes doing … thanks again guys, ive just spoken to my mum and shes doing great......still pumped full of drugs but the physio will be starting later today or tomorrow to help her get back on her feet.massive relief for all our family im just getting my brother to get some flowers and some food for her to eat, when he goes to visit later on today as it seems like a huge premium for any other option and she wouldnt approve..... and she wont eat the slop they serve on the ward.......as stubborn as ever!

Good to hear this. (I missed the start of the thread.)
    Well done to your mum for kicking the weed and I hope she starts to recuperate really quickly. I understand how horrible it is when your mum is in hospital and you are hundreds of miles away. I also know what it's like to be in hospital in Leeds:roll: So all the best to you all. Re more gifts; did you ring the hospital? I think they all have shops now and would surely be able to pop something up to your mum's ward.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 187 ***1129
      2. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      4. word association Game74044544

See more discussions