anybody know what the link is for virgin media fair usage policy?

I had the details somewhere but now I've lost them and need to make sure I'm not having my connection throttled.

13 Comments

thats just gay, i hate virgin.im a size L customer (wont be for much longer)basically my ntl box installed over 8 years ago overheats and needs to be reset every hour of usage not that much of a problem.but lately last few months the internet is incredibly slow dial up was faster some nights i dont even get over 2mb connection suppost to be 10mb.will virgin change anything...no.all that ever happens is we get £25 worth of credit. once thats up Im looking for a new internet supplier...any suggestions?

im looking for unlimited downloads,no throttling or anything, 10mb for faster

siwrath;4860991

thats just gay, i hate virgin.im a size L customer (wont be for much … thats just gay, i hate virgin.im a size L customer (wont be for much longer)basically my ntl box installed over 8 years ago overheats and needs to be reset every hour of usage not that much of a problem.but lately last few months the internet is incredibly slow dial up was faster some nights i dont even get over 2mb connection suppost to be 10mb.will virgin change anything...no.all that ever happens is we get £25 worth of credit. once thats up Im looking for a new internet supplier...any suggestions?im looking for unlimited downloads,no throttling or anything, 10mb for faster

You need a new modem.. the black one..

[url]www.bethere.co.uk[/url]

are good.

Virgin customer services can be a bit of a mixed bag, but I think that their download limits are very generous.

Download speeds fluctuate 10-18Mbit/sec, but never fall below that.

I have a spare black cable modem, if anyone wants it (they gave me a new one when I upgraded to the XL package).

SUMMONER;4861061

I have a spare black cable modem, if anyone wants it (they gave me a new … I have a spare black cable modem, if anyone wants it (they gave me a new one when I upgraded to the XL package).

i'll have it please

Original Poster

Anybody know if they are running upgrade tests on XL customers, I've been running a reputable broadband speedtest and have been getting around 2mb download and 500k upload for the last few weeks, switched my download scheduler to download overnight (midnight - 6am) and after a 5 hour window the speed rose to 20mb download and 500k upload. Just ran another test this morning and the speed was 40mb download 500k upload?

zeus9876;4861112

i'll have it please

Message me your details. Does £3 for p&p sound ok?

Details sent and payment made...thanks again

zeus9876;4862256

Details sent and payment made...thanks again

This would still need to be registered with VM for you to use it (In your name.) Would they let you?

Yes, call support, tell them you have received a replacement cable modem. They will ask your for it's MAC address and away you go.

Had to do that after I got my new one from Virgin.

SUMMONER;4865301

Yes, call support, tell them you have received a replacement cable modem. … Yes, call support, tell them you have received a replacement cable modem. They will ask your for it's MAC address and away you go.Had to do that after I got my new one from Virgin.

excatly what i plan on doing. Do you know how much better these are than the blue ones ?

zeus9876;4865388

excatly what i plan on doing. Do you know how much better these are than … excatly what i plan on doing. Do you know how much better these are than the blue ones ?

Pass, never had a blue one.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …269921
    2. Weekly game codes giveaway 1831735
    3. Your dream gaming set up?2657
    4. word association Game72844189

See more discussions