Groups

Anybody live in chester

Hi thinking about staying a couple of nights in Chester. Does anyone know if the town centre shops are open on a Sunday. Thanks

10 Comments

Banned

Lots I should think

Original Poster

Thank you very much.

Banned

Next is on the main street and is listed as open, so I would presume so next.co.uk/sto…y=0

Hi,
    I live in Chester
    Yep, all shops open on Sundays
    Banks closed but many ATMs in city centre
    Let me know if you want some parking advice
    Cheers
    Bill

Original Poster

Yes parking advice please. WE are planning to stay at Holiday inn Ellesmere Port. So any near that side thanks

Ellen23;5233065

Yes parking advice please. WE are planning to stay at Holiday inn … Yes parking advice please. WE are planning to stay at Holiday inn Ellesmere Port. So any near that side thanks

If you got the Holiday Inn Express at the Racecourse, you'd have free parking, and within a 5 minute walk of the centre as its just outside the city walls. Its a great place to stay for access to the City Centre. Otherwise one of the park and rides perhaps? I always use the on opposite Sainsburys at Broughton Heath is it?

I would like some parking advice. Last time I was in Chester I had to wait 2 hours in a car park until the owners of a few cars came back as they had all parked up and blocked a full row of cars in. The traffic wardens couldn't do anything as the white paint needed doing again. Also all the car parks are for three hours it is not long enough really.

Ellen23;5233065

Yes parking advice please. WE are planning to stay at Holiday inn … Yes parking advice please. WE are planning to stay at Holiday inn Ellesmere Port. So any near that side thanks

There is a park and ride facility at Chester Zoo, this is on the A41 between E. Port and Chester.

I think that the Holiday Inn is by the M53. If so, you could drive south to Chester and go to a different park and ride which is near the only Sainsbury's store in Chester (again, on the A41)

I don't know if you're aware but you will be very close to a Macarthur Glen Outlet Village, click here for details cheshireoaksdesigneroutlet.com/

Here's a useful link for Chester itself visitchester.com/

Let me know if I can help any further

Cheers

Bill

bassman_uk;5233105

If you got the Holiday Inn Express at the Racecourse, you'd have free … If you got the Holiday Inn Express at the Racecourse, you'd have free parking, and within a 5 minute walk of the centre as its just outside the city walls. Its a great place to stay for access to the City Centre. Otherwise one of the park and rides perhaps? I always use the on opposite Sainsburys at Broughton Heath is it?

Boughton Heath, yes

Lovely views from that Hotel. Don't expect much from the hotel in Ellesmere Port, I went their for a wedding fair and the staff were crap.

As for chester, most shops are open, there is the odd one that won't be. And Cheshire Oaks is great. Junction 10 of the M53.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!553758
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826345
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767183
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423714459

See more discussions