Anybody on FreedomPop?

Found 9th Dec 2015
I got the free FreedomPop SIM on Black Friday, and finally got around to inserting it, and installing the app. When I start the app, I just get a blue screen and a spinning circle and notification saying "Registering for push notifications". It never changes, and it's been sitting doing that for the last hour or so.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any clues as to how to resolve it? Customer service is beyond useless, simply copying and pasting what's on the website. I'm very glad indeed that I didn't pay for this!
Community Updates
14 Comments
Any time someone mentions FreedomPop,I immediately think of Samuel L Jackson's villain in the Kingsman Secret Service film.
worked fine for me. Although I didnt realise that all the calls and texts are via the internet (data usage). You have to pay extra to get proper voice calls & texts.
chocci

worked fine for me. Although I didnt realise that all the calls and texts … worked fine for me. Although I didnt realise that all the calls and texts are via the internet (data usage). You have to pay extra to get proper voice calls & texts.

Are you on Android or iOS?

After maybe 8 hours of trying and trying to get it to work, I think I'm just going to concede defeat, pine for the days of Ovivo, and chuck this piece of junk SIM in the bin where it belongs...
Also worked ok for me on Android maybe clear your app n then try it again.Someone was complaining about a dead sim in their forums,maybe look there for answers.
Ferris

Are you on Android or iOS? After maybe 8 hours of trying and trying to … Are you on Android or iOS? After maybe 8 hours of trying and trying to get it to work, I think I'm just going to concede defeat, pine for the days of Ovivo, and chuck this piece of junk SIM in the bin where it belongs...

pine for the days of Ovivo, and chuck this piece of junk SIM in the bin where it belongs..., dont worry wont be long until freedompop go bust and this sim can join your ovivo one in the bin!
Ferris

Are you on Android or iOS? After maybe 8 hours of trying and trying to … Are you on Android or iOS? After maybe 8 hours of trying and trying to get it to work, I think I'm just going to concede defeat, pine for the days of Ovivo, and chuck this piece of junk SIM in the bin where it belongs...

Android
Message them on Facebook.

I did it when I wanted to deactivate my account which I couldn't do online, they just gave me a US phone number to call.
Had to deactivate cos they were gonna charge me extra after the 1st month's 500mb free trial was up and there was no where to downgrade online as the trial doesn't show.

They got back to me quite quickly and sorted it out.
chimp14uk

Message them on Facebook.I did it when I wanted to deactivate my account … Message them on Facebook.I did it when I wanted to deactivate my account which I couldn't do online, they just gave me a US phone number to call.Had to deactivate cos they were gonna charge me extra after the 1st month's 500mb free trial was up and there was no where to downgrade online as the trial doesn't show.They got back to me quite quickly and sorted it out.

Online option to downgrade is on their site
Not on mine. It showed that I was on the free tariff, but on the order form it shows that I was signed up to the free 1 months trial and would be charged.
Edited by: "chimp14uk" 9th Dec 2015
Ferris

Hey, I ordered mine on black friday, but I still have NOT received it?

When did you receive and order yours?
gill21

Also worked ok for me on Android maybe clear your app n then try it … Also worked ok for me on Android maybe clear your app n then try it again.Someone was complaining about a dead sim in their forums,maybe look there for answers.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app about 10 times so far. The SIM itself works fine - data browsing is fine - it's just the app that doesn't work.

The problem with the forum is that posting anything (especially anything vaguely critical has to go through the approval process, so probably won't ever see the light of day. Indeed, a post critical of the app has been censored, while a neutral question has been approved.

MarioMan

Hey, I ordered mine on black friday, but I still have NOT received … Hey, I ordered mine on black friday, but I still have NOT received it?When did you receive and order yours?

I ordered on Black Friday (evening) and received around the 1st of the month.
Help How do I remove info so I don't get billed?

I diabledd auto top up what else?
MarioMan

Help How do I remove info so I don't get billed? I diabledd auto top up … Help How do I remove info so I don't get billed? I diabledd auto top up what else?

You can't.

If you signed up and included the free trial, you'll get charged after the 1st month.
You will need to downgrade to the Basic 200 which you may be able to do online.
However, when I went to do it, it said I was already on the Basic 200 tariff, which I was, but it didn't detail the free trial bit.
Tried deleting card details, but no go.

Deactivated account in the end.
MarioMan

Help How do I remove info so I don't get billed? I diabledd auto top up … Help How do I remove info so I don't get billed? I diabledd auto top up what else?

just login and go to MY ACCOUNT then MY PLANS, then downgrade to get it for free. I would wait until your free premium 500 trial is nearing the end before doing this

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk173/csiman2/ScreenShot212_zpsvugzojuy.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants