ANYBODY ORDERED A BATTERY FROM HERE - http://www.battery-supplier.co.uk/

Banned 15
Found 16th Jan 2012
nned a new laptop battery and found one here battery-supplier.co.uk/ says comes with 3 yr warranty which makes me think they are probably crap and the 3 year warranty is just to get customers, not heard of batterys coming with anything other than 12 months warranty

1. Misc
  2. Battery
15 Comments

Doubt they will honour any warranty - they'll probably just say that you didn't charge it regularly etc

Original Poster Banned

yes exactly my thoughts gari, was just wondering if anyone had purchased from them, the bateery i need is advertised as genuine which i find hard to believe, any ideas on where to get one from then lol

sassie

yes exactly my thoughts gari, was just wondering if anyone had purchased … yes exactly my thoughts gari, was just wondering if anyone had purchased from them, the bateery i need is advertised as genuine which i find hard to believe, any ideas on where to get one from then lol

Best bet is probably to google and see if any discussion forums for your laptop recommends any. Otherwise I'd just look on Ebay and buy one from Hong Kong (although some UK sellers do them for just a little bit more)

Original Poster Banned

thanks gari, last time i purchased a charger from ebay for my old laptop it was crap and had to return at my own cost, second one came and that was faulty too, cut my losses and didnt bother returning as it was costing me in postage than i paid, so a little apprehensive now. Would prefer to buy a genuine one but cannot find one

sassie

thanks gari, last time i purchased a charger from ebay for my old laptop … thanks gari, last time i purchased a charger from ebay for my old laptop it was crap and had to return at my own cost, second one came and that was faulty too, cut my losses and didnt bother returning as it was costing me in postage than i paid, so a little apprehensive now. Would prefer to buy a genuine one but cannot find one

I've heard Cameron Sino batteries are good. There is an ebay seller supergps-uk (also called iiviewUK who sells them). Last time I was looking for batteries they seemed quite competitive price wise.
stores.ebay.co.uk/iiV…563
Edited by: "gari189" 16th Jan 2012

Original Poster Banned

thanks gari, if i cannot find a genuine samsung one then i will look at this

I bought a battery from battery-supplier.co.uk. The battery was a poor quality copy and failed after one month. Tried to return as faulty and got an email advising to post it to China. Yeah right. This company is based around a company called Stone Bridge United in Portsmouth which imports from China - then says you cant return a battery. Time for Trading Standards methinks. Use them if you dare.

I also bought a battery from battery-supplier.co.uk for a macbook. It would not charge and they said it was because I had upgraded the operating system. I returned the battery at my cost to China but they did not receive it and will not refund my money. I strongly discourage anyone from using this company.

I purchased a battery from battery-supplier.co.uk and they arnt even in the uk. The battery would not charge and I was told to return it but they denied it ever arrived now I have no battery and no money. Great service!! My old battery charges but only lasts 45 minutes and the laptop is in perfect working order. Paypal refused to cover me. The details below are the address for the company
Name: Le Ying
>>> Address:
>>> PanYu District, ShiQiao QiaoNan Street, Fude Road 223#,
>>> HuaYangNianHua I, 8#-1006,
>>> GuangZhou, GuangDong Province,
>>> Country: China
>>> Postcode: 511486
>>> Tel: 1353-5222-571

Buy one with a lifetime warranty..

Loads around, and they replace them after 19 years.

blogs.mirror.co.uk/inv…tml

I've found lots of positive and negative reviews regarding batteries.

I have just received a battery from Battery-supplier ( battery-supplier.co.uk/ ) and it does not charge. Told I must pay to return it to China! Their website describes a Returns process and returns address in the UK - the reason I chose them. However, this is not true and only serves to mislead customers.

My recommendation like others who have posted here is to AVOID Battery-supplier if you don't want to get ripped off.

Andrew

asgawth

I have just received a battery from Battery-supplier ( … I have just received a battery from Battery-supplier ( http://www.battery-supplier.co.uk/ ) and it does not charge. Told I must pay to return it to China! Their website describes a Returns process and returns address in the UK - the reason I chose them. However, this is not true and only serves to mislead customers.My recommendation like others who have posted here is to AVOID Battery-supplier if you don't want to get ripped off.Andrew

My advice is to Google a company before you order from them :-)

I ordered a battery from 9 battery-supplier.co.uk battery will not take a charge tried telephoning no answer (surprised or what) e-mail asked to pay a further £25 they will send me a replacement (like I am going to do that) then it was £15 have contacted PayPay and ripoff Britain at the BBC Obviouslt do not use Battery-supplier.co.uk

I ordered a battery from battery-supplier.co.uk for my Apple G4 laptop. Despite displaying a photograph of what looked exactly like a G4 battery what I received was a piece of cheap rubbish. Dark grey covered wrinkled plastic. Had paid with paypal so I thought I was covered. Turns out paypal do not take photographs into consideration and so considered that their description was accurate. other than the technical info regarding the power of the battery their description consiisted of one word 'grey' thanks alot paypal! Am in the process of contesting the transaction through my credit card company. Failing that its the small claims court. will cost more than the battery's worth but there's a principle involved here. Distance selling regulations arn't much help either as no official body enforces them so you have to go to court to seek redress! Avoid this company like the plague... they are a bunch of rip-off merchants in my experience.
Post a comment
@
    Text