Anybody recommend some PC games for an 8yr old boy please

Banned
As above please, not looking for best price on them, just recommendations please. He really is not into anything in particular so anything you think may be good please

23 Comments

My 7 year old adores grand theft auto, although we have had to get rid of the cat:D

Original Poster Banned

danmc

My 7 year old adores grand theft auto, although we have had to get rid of … My 7 year old adores grand theft auto, although we have had to get rid of the cat:D

errrrmm why are they 18, what are in them that make them an 18yr old certificate

Toy Story? The second one is good, don't know about the new one which ties into the latest movie..

My 9 year old loves Spore Heros, I know its a cat 12, but I've watched him and there is nothing in it I can see that shouldn't be suitable.

uk.gamespot.com/pc/…tml

Original Poster Banned

oldmanhouse

Toy Story? The second one is good, don't know about the new one which … Toy Story? The second one is good, don't know about the new one which ties into the latest movie..

thank you, will take a look at this one

KazzyD

My 9 year old loves Spore Heros, I know its a cat 12, but I've watched … My 9 year old loves Spore Heros, I know its a cat 12, but I've watched him and there is nothing in it I can see that shouldn't be suitable.http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/spore/index.html

thank you, will go have a nosey at this one too
Edited by moderator: "removed deleted quote" 5th Aug 2010

Banned

Ganguro Girl

HTH

danmc

My 7 year old adores grand theft auto, although we have had to get rid of … My 7 year old adores grand theft auto, although we have had to get rid of the cat:D

Wow.....just wow oO

mod

dcx_badass
I have removed your post (and responses) - it brought nothing to the thread and was not helpful to the OP and was only going to take this thread off topic; so it ends now please

sassie

errrrmm why are they 18, what are in them that make them an 18yr old … errrrmm why are they 18, what are in them that make them an 18yr old certificate

violence, guns, prostitutes, drug references

vengod

violence, guns, prostitutes, drug references

I agree, certainly not suitable for a 7 year old oO

shopstilldrops

I agree, certainly not suitable for a 7 year old oO

I didnt say i disagreed...

my two girls love zoo tycoon
hth

vengod

I didnt say i disagreed...

you think grand theft auto is suitable for a 7 year old ?..................if so then fair do;s not gonna argue with ya !!:p

Original Poster Banned

andywedge

dcx_badassI have removed your post (and responses) - it brought nothing … dcx_badassI have removed your post (and responses) - it brought nothing to the thread and was not helpful to the OP and was only going to take this thread off topic; so it ends now please

actually it did answer my question, confused to why someone would have sufggested an 18 cert game, now i know, although i am sure on searching for it i would have come across why, but badass saved me the trouble

Original Poster Banned

missp27

my two girls love zoo tycoon hth

another added to list to look at, thank you

Power rangers maybe , do they have to be pc games to play off line ? as theres loads of games to play online,!

mod

dcx, sassie
DCX's post was removed because he (quote) said RE GTA " Basically all the bad parts of the bible.". In my opinion that was going to take this thread off topic,GTA may be many things, but like The Bible? Not at all. And that comment had taken and would have continued to take the thread off topic. I removed the responses to that post also.The thread is called "Anybody recommend some PC games for an 8yr old boy please" not "Is GTA like The Bible?" which is where the thread was heading. And as I said earlier "so it ends now please".

Hi Sass - any of the Lego games - indiana Jones, Batman etc - good clean fun.............and you should be able to pick up the older ones at a good price.

If he likes racing games I'd recommend Dirt - there's a simple arcade mode.

Original Poster Banned

well i have shown him most of the games listed and he didnt seem interested in any of them, maybe its time for mummy to wait till he asks for one, just thought it might be nice to have a game for the laptop as daughter has a few, but he dont seem interested

but thank you to all xx

my two liked zoo tycoon and there was also one to do with roller coasters..
These had them thinking a bit.

Banned

andywedge

dcx, sassieDCX's post was removed because he (quote) said RE GTA " … dcx, sassieDCX's post was removed because he (quote) said RE GTA " Basically all the bad parts of the bible.". In my opinion that was going to take this thread off topic,GTA may be many things, but like The Bible? Not at all. And that comment had taken and would have continued to take the thread off topic. I removed the responses to that post also.The thread is called "Anybody recommend some PC games for an 8yr old boy please" not "Is GTA like The Bible?" which is where the thread was heading. And as I said earlier "so it ends now please".

quite right.....

Original Poster Banned

just got him the sonic collection from town was only £4 and he likes it, thank you for all the suggestions and going to take him into one of the game stores this week to see if anything catches his eye

The Sims games may go down well. Even if your lad isn't particularly great at them, you'll probably find that he enjoys playing them! A bit retro now and possibly difficult to get running on a modern OS, but I used to love messing around with games like Theme Park and Theme Hospital when I was that age! (Well, maybe a few years older.)
Edited by: "cookiemonster83" 9th Aug 2010
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846051
    2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523392
    3. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414614053
    4. What an absolute disgrace1943

See more discussions