Groups

Anybody work in Events?

I'm looking for a change of careers at the mo and have spotted a casual position that would be great to build some experience on my CV. Only thing is that it requires an understanding of events technologies. I don't have this and was wondering if anybody could give me some advice cos its the only part of the job spec im lacking in

thanks

2 Comments

If you could expand a bit more maybe i can help you there is a vast area of expertise needed for events ie what would you be doing organising events, etc what is going to be your remit?

Original Poster

archer1204;8628269

If you could expand a bit more maybe i can help you there is a vast area … If you could expand a bit more maybe i can help you there is a vast area of expertise needed for events ie what would you be doing organising events, etc what is going to be your remit?

the job spec is very vague, probably because its only a casual position really. The position would be supporting the practical technical management and supervision of events for a art/cinema/media centre.

It requires "an understanding of events technologies". The spec later specifies an demonstratable understanding of projection, audio and lighting equipment and competency using presentation/playback equipemt, so perhaps related to that?

As I said before this is the only part I'm lacking in but Im sure I could pick up the skills needed for this really quickly (if I dont already possess them)
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Jaffa quake as McVitie's cuts pack sizes - BBC News55
      2. Any PS4 News Here29313806
      3. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563839
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047197

See more discussions