Groups

Anyone able to make sense of my holiday hours in work?

Banned
    So I have just logged into the new App we were given but I don't really get it. Looking at the holiday bit can anyone make sense of what's what? Just want to know how many hours holiday I have left. It must be more than the 34.22 hrs.

Will ask HR when I'm next in if no one can crack the case.

cheers.

12 Comments

Original Poster Banned

https://s14.postimg.org/tyzzaxvkx/Screenshot_2016_11_03_at_4_32_16_PM.png

Original Poster Banned

It's mainly the Remaining holiday to date and future entitlment that is confusing me.

I would read that as you have 34.22 hours accrued you haven't used yet and 89.16 that will accrue before the end of the holiday year . You have eight hours holiday booked so the first two minus the third gives you 115.4 hours to take between now and the end of the holiday year

psychobitchfromhell

I would read that as you have 34.22 hours accrued you haven't used yet … I would read that as you have 34.22 hours accrued you haven't used yet and 89.16 that will accrue before the end of the holiday year . You have eight hours holiday booked so the first two minus the third gives you 115.4 hours to take between now and the end of the holiday year

Yes, I read that too.

Original Poster Banned

psychobitchfromhell

I would read that as you have 34.22 hours accrued you haven't used yet … I would read that as you have 34.22 hours accrued you haven't used yet and 89.16 that will accrue before the end of the holiday year . You have eight hours holiday booked so the first two minus the third gives you 115.4 hours to take between now and the end of the holiday year

Thanks. That sounds more like it and makes sense

MrScotchBonnet

Thanks. That sounds more like it and makes sense

Welcome . Enjoy your holidays

OP, not knowing how your company works, does an explanation help?

Let's say your leave year is 1 November to 31 October and you get 12 days annual leave a year.

You start on 1 November with your 12 days. If you take a holiday in December using all 12 days, you have no more leave until 1 November next year. But, if you left your job before that, you would have taken more leave than you were entitled to. So the app seems to take a 'snapshot' showing what you are entitled to at that very moment in time.

Edited by: "windym" 3rd Nov 2016

psychobitchfromhell

​i would take it the same, you must have a day off booked and it looks like they run April to April

Original Poster Banned

windym

OP, not knowing how your company works, does an explanation help?Let's … OP, not knowing how your company works, does an explanation help?Let's say your leave year is 1 November to 31 October and you get 12 days annual leave a year.You start on 1 November with your 12 days. If you take a holiday in December using all 12 days, you have no more leave until 1 November next year. But, if you left your job before that, you would have taken more leave than you were entitled to. So the app seems to take a 'snapshot' showing what you are entitled to at that very moment in time.

psychobitchfromhell

Thanks both. Makes sense now. Yes it's April to April

I think it roughly works out as for basic hols every 100 hours worked you are entitled to 8 hours hols.

Glad you've got it sorted. Enjoy any time off you book, it is certainly too precious!

Original Poster Banned

windym

Glad you've got it sorted. Enjoy any time off you book, it is certainly … Glad you've got it sorted. Enjoy any time off you book, it is certainly too precious!

Haha definitely!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563833
      2. HUKD Nintendo Switch owners thread941356
      3. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691433
      4. Cheer me up please?712

See more discussions