Anyone able to recommend a courier?

Posted 10th Jun
Need to return a parcel - 2kg's with a Lithium battery. The post oriface wont touch it.
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Just an observation: PO/RM will touch it if the battery is connected to a/its device and isn't busted:

"...Electronic devices connected to lithium batteries (including mobile phones, digital cameras, etc) where the battery is connected to the device.
UK & International - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines..."

personal.help.royalmail.com/app…ers

Cost would be from £2.95 in UK send.royalmail.com/sen…=KG
13 Comments
Stop jabbering.
Just an observation: PO/RM will touch it if the battery is connected to a/its device and isn't busted:

"...Electronic devices connected to lithium batteries (including mobile phones, digital cameras, etc) where the battery is connected to the device.
UK & International - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines..."

personal.help.royalmail.com/app…ers

Cost would be from £2.95 in UK send.royalmail.com/sen…=KG
Why would you tell the post office what's really in there?
MIDURIX10/06/2020 14:28

Why would you tell the post office what's really in there?

Compensation eligibility.
AndyRoyd10/06/2020 13:42

Just an observation: PO/RM will touch it if the battery is connected to …Just an observation: PO/RM will touch it if the battery is connected to a/its device and isn't busted:"...Electronic devices connected to lithium batteries (including mobile phones, digital cameras, etc) where the battery is connected to the device.UK & International - Allowed in the mail, see restrictions and packaging guidelines..."https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96/~/prohibited-and-restricted-items---advice-for-personal-customersCost would be from £2.95 in UK https://send.royalmail.com/send/service?compensation=20&country=GBR&format=SmallParcel&weight=2&weightUnit=KG

Ahhh, as it was just over the 2kg limit they wanted to charge me £13, so looks like it will be by courier after all.
Ups
Bigfootpete10/06/2020 15:49

Ahhh, as it was just over the 2kg limit they wanted to charge me £13, so …Ahhh, as it was just over the 2kg limit they wanted to charge me £13, so looks like it will be by courier after all.

Not obvious what service over conter at PO would be £13 for say 2.1kg, but if using some other courier check that courier's prohibited / restricted items list.
RM & UPS are genersally the most flexible, but typically only when purchasing direct and not via a broker.
Be wary of UPStoday site that is simply a front for p2g and where (example) "Mobile Phone With Battery" is prohibited from carriage.
Ukguy10110/06/2020 15:49

Ups

Thanks! Coming up cheaper and insurance is better than others!
Rubbish! Got to the end of the order and then they tell me I have to print off the postage label! Would have been nice to know before I placed the order as I don't have a printer...
Bigfootpete10/06/2020 16:03

Thanks! Coming up cheaper and insurance is better than others!

They delivered an Xbox to me once the only people I'd trust to deliver my package! Glad their doing you a good deal.
Check interparcel uk.interparcel.com/
You get better prices on UPS which is one of the best.
Batteries shipment if within UK, I believe it is ok but you need to label it as a such, double check if it is OK nevertheless.
I sent a camera with a lithium battery in via Royal Mail a few months back, had no problems. Depends on the battery type.
Edited by: "TheMissBlue" 11th Jun
I ended up cancelling the UPS order - I don't have a printer and neither do any of the drop-off points. And they wanted to charge £8.50 for them to print a label and collect - on top of what I already paid.
Post a comment
@
    Text