EXPIRED

Anyone annoyed with New Look returns policy ??

New Look no longer refund on sale items, exchange only. Not even a credit note. So have to carry goods everytime you go shopping incase you see something more suitable. Very cross..
If you work for New Look can I exchange for non sale goods and then get a full refund. ??

21 Comments

try the misc section

If you work for New Look can I exchange for non sale goods and then get a … If you work for New Look can I exchange for non sale goods and then get a full refund. ??

depends who serves you if they write on the receipt that it was an exchange
Edited by: "ilovepink" 30th Dec 2010

If the goods are defective,nomatter what they say,you are entitled by law to a refund. you need to find a 'defect'.

WrOng forum

ilovepink

depends who severs you if they write on the receipt that it was an … depends who severs you if they write on the receipt that it was an exchange

they sever people who want a refund?

whitbyfish

they sever people who want a refund?

Banned

If there is something wrong with the items, they have no option but to refund you in full. You would not have to accept a credit note if offered. If you have returned them simply because you have changed your mind, then they don't even have to offer to exchange the items. Bad customer relations, I know, but I expect a lot of stores will be doing this in the near future. They will scrap the policy soon enough when they realise that they realise they are losing business to stores which do offer a no quibble refund.

If there is something wrong with the items, they have no option but to refund you in full. You would not have to accept a credit note if offered. If you have returned them simply because you have changed your mind, then they don't even have to offer to exchange the items. Bad customer relations, I know, but I expect a lot of stores will be doing this in the near future. They will scrap the policy soon enough when they realise that they realise they are losing business to stores which do offer a no quibble refund.

What u selling ?

I had 2 pairs of boots off the website.I returned them back to store yesterdy for a full refund and they were in the sale.

Yes I am miffed too, but I did say I wasnt leaving the store without either my cash, or at least a voucher so I can spend It on Items I actually wanted. I got the voucher in the end.

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy

Yes I am miffed too, but I did say I wasnt leaving the store without … Yes I am miffed too, but I did say I wasnt leaving the store without either my cash, or at least a voucher so I can spend It on Items I actually wanted. I got the voucher in the end.

I tried 3 local shops and failed. Well done !

parisp

I had 2 pairs of boots off the website.I returned them back to store … I had 2 pairs of boots off the website.I returned them back to store yesterdy for a full refund and they were in the sale.

Returns policies are different when purchasing some thing on line. It is all to do with the distance selling regulations. i.e. you can't try on, touch, etc the same as you can in store. Therefore the policy is different to purchasing some thing in store where items can be tried on, examined etc.

well i brought some sale item and i was not told i could not return the items for a full refund i was told when they were not suit able i could exchange only but i said not gd enough i wont a fefund and i got a refund in the end but its not gd enough service so what happens to web order sale then can we have a refund from there of gd

Banned

hrtnll2go

well i brought some sale item and i was not told i could not return the … well i brought some sale item and i was not told i could not return the items for a full refund i was told when they were not suit able i could exchange only but i said not gd enough i wont a fefund and i got a refund in the end but its not gd enough service so what happens to web order sale then can we have a refund from there of gd

WTF??? Can you translate that back to English?

New Look dont have to give you a refund unless the item is defective. They may have done in past instances, but only as a goodwill gesture

Banned

"New Look no longer refund on sale items, exchange only. Not even a credit note. So have to carry goods everytime you go shopping incase you see something more suitable"

And more often than not you will have bought the goods in the sale yourself - so who is to blame then?

And more often than not you will have bought the goods in the sale … And more often than not you will have bought the goods in the sale yourself - so who is to blame then?

So you buy off the website where you can't physically see the item, it arrives and you don't like it as it's not as you expected.....who's to blame then? Peeps should just steer clear of their website and when they realise no one's buying they might come to the conclusion that they're not offering good customer service! In todays climate it's not the best idea to annoy your customers!

parisp

I had 2 pairs of boots off the website.I returned them back to store … I had 2 pairs of boots off the website.I returned them back to store yesterdy for a full refund and they were in the sale.

Buying goods from a website is different. By law you have 14 days to change your mind whether it was bought full price or in a sale. Plus if you send the whole order back then they must refund your postage.

Your online rights (just found this from The Guardian newspaper)

If you have bought online from a UK-based company, many of your rights are the same as when you buy from a shop. You also have additional rights:

• Online retailers must supply clear information about the goods or services offered before you buy.

• They must also provide written confirmation of this information after you have made your purchase.

• A seven working-day cooling off period during which an order can be cancelled without any reason and a full refund made.

• A full refund if the goods or services are not provided by the date you agreed. If you didn't agree a date then you are entitled to a refund if the goods or services are not provided within 30 days.

These rights apply to all forms of home shopping, not just internet sales. Although there are cases where these additional rights do not apply, including online auctions. Auctioneers, unlike other sellers, can refuse to accept responsibility for the quality of the goods they auction.

Read the conditions of sale with care. Unless the seller is a private individual, the standard terms of the contract set out in the Unfair Terms In Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999 still apply.

Banned

luvvlychocolate

So you buy off the website where you can't physically see the item, it … So you buy off the website where you can't physically see the item, it arrives and you don't like it as it's not as you expected.....who's to blame then? Peeps should just steer clear of their website and when they realise no one's buying they might come to the conclusion that they're not offering good customer service! In todays climate it's not the best idea to annoy your customers!

As pointed out previously, online sales are different.

Yes I am annoyed....wasnt told I could not return some things I got last weekend...manager said I can have credit note (vouchers) but they should have made it clear they changed their policy (I wasnt told)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29213592
    2. Any Xbox One news today?2356124
    3. GOT Leaks again416
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763949

See more discussions