Anyone any good at working out a "Lastminute.com Top Secret Room"?

Found 26th Jul 2009
Hey,

Trying to find out which Hotel I may be booking. Anyone any good at working out which one it is?

Stunning Spa Hotel Close to Wigan - 4* - Wigan

This stunning hotel and spa sits just outside Wigan. Exceptional leisure and beauty facilities make a popular and award winning leisure hotel boasting luxury accommodation coupled with an award winning restaurant. The perfect place for a romantic weekend or rejuvenating break. Close to Liverpool and Manchester this hotel also has conference and meeting facilities.

All help appreciated ... ALOT!

1. Misc
  2. Exercise
12 Comments

macdonaldhotels.co.uk/kil…rt/

Laureate Restaurant - The AA rosette-winning Laureate Restaurant is everything a fine dining experience should be.

The Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel and Spa near Wigan is a stunning Victorian-style country house hotel close to Liverpool and Manchester.

Lakeside Conference Centre - 13 conference and meeting rooms

Think it ticks all boxes?

Original Poster

That looks about right to me. Measured it from a point on lastminute.com, and it's only about 0.3km out. Gotta decide if I want to stay there now! Looks nice though...

Thanks v.much for your help, obviously I've left you some rep!

No problem! Yeah does look nice - hope you get somewhere sorted!

is it last drop village

Original Poster

tonyhtony;5852631

is it last drop village

Hi. Welcome to HUKD, and I should be honoured that your first post is on my thread. However, what do you mean?

Hi ive heard about this and tried looking for the top secret rooms on last minute but cant find a link? Anyone can give me some info please, thankyou

cbryanp;5852463

http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/kilheycourt/Laureate Restaurant - The AA … http://www.macdonaldhotels.co.uk/kilheycourt/Laureate Restaurant - The AA rosette-winning Laureate Restaurant is everything a fine dining experience should be.The Macdonald Kilhey Court Hotel and Spa near Wigan is a stunning Victorian-style country house hotel close to Liverpool and Manchester.Lakeside Conference Centre - 13 conference and meeting roomsThink it ticks all boxes?

If it is Kilhey Court - the restaurant is great - the rooms and spacious however could do with updating and the grounds a pretty and well kept

Oh, and its really close to Camelot - like a DSS version of Alton Towers :lol:

the porter;5852809

it will be the britannia hotel formerly almond brook hotel wigan

I dont think it matches the discription of a 4star hotel and award winning restaurant? Everything else seems to match

pin4apple;5852836

Hi ive heard about this and tried looking for the top secret rooms on … Hi ive heard about this and tried looking for the top secret rooms on last minute but cant find a link? Anyone can give me some info please, thankyou

lastminute.com/sit…tml

Thankyou

Original Poster

Just an update - I booked the room and cbryanp you were correct.

highguyuk;5853917

Just an update - I booked the room and cbryanp you were correct.

Cool! Hope you have a great time it looks well nice! :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7771878
    2. Battered women won't be chased for TV licence fees: Vulnerable victims at r…1422
    3. The PlayStation VR (PSVR) Thread861908
    4. PlayStation VR is the number 1 selling product on Amazon right now1528

See more discussions