Anyone any problems with mobiles.co.uk lately?

Found 16th Nov 2011
Put in 3 cashback claims a few weeks ago, 1 came back as being submitted late (it wasn't). Sent a couple of e-mails and received one back saying sorry and cheque will be there in 28 days etc. Haven't received a response from the other 2 claims when they say they'll respond in 7 days. Have chased them via e-mail and no response to the e-mails either. Have tried calling them about late this afternoon and no-one answered the phone.

Problems at mobiles.co.uk?
Community Updates
15 Comments
You do know they may be going under soon, they closed one of there main branches down North, redundancies

So get your CB sorted asap

Edited by: "simplex" 16th Nov 2011
Original Poster
simplex

You do know they may be going under soon, they closed one of there main … You do know they may be going under soon, they closed one of there main branches down North, redundanciesSo get your CB sorted asap

Not much I can do other than keep chasing!!! If they don't answer phones or e-mails!!!

I thought they were part of the CPW, doesn't that mean that CPW would have to pay me, they surely can't just decide to ditch their responsibilities?
Benjimoron

Not much I can do other than keep chasing!!! If they don't answer phones … Not much I can do other than keep chasing!!! If they don't answer phones or e-mails!!!I thought they were part of the CPW, doesn't that mean that CPW would have to pay me, they surely can't just decide to ditch their responsibilities?

No CPW wont deal with it, if mobiles.co.uk dont respond try e2save, they have taken over most enquiries from about 2 weeks ago.

But keep trying, cos its near impossible in the near future
Original Poster
simplex

No CPW wont deal with it, if mobiles.co.uk dont respond try e2save, they … No CPW wont deal with it, if mobiles.co.uk dont respond try e2save, they have taken over most enquiries from about 2 weeks ago.But keep trying, cos its near impossible in the near future

"Mobile phone e-tailers e2save (OneStopPhoneShop and The Phone Spot) and Mobiles.co.uk are separately managed divisions within Carphone Warehouse"

Surely this means CPW would be liable, seeing as they're the same company???
Benjimoron

"Mobile phone e-tailers e2save (OneStopPhoneShop and The Phone Spot) and … "Mobile phone e-tailers e2save (OneStopPhoneShop and The Phone Spot) and Mobiles.co.uk are separately managed divisions within Carphone Warehouse"Surely this means CPW would be liable, seeing as they're the same company???

You can give it a go, but you will get no where, try mobiles.co.uk while you can, trust me CPW dont give a shizzle, any emails CPW get, they forward to mobiles.co.uk or e2save
I've just received my cashback cheque for one of my contracts, didn't have any problems. Also, just upgraded to iPhones 4S on another. All seemed fine to me.
Original Poster
andypunkass

I've just received my cashback cheque for one of my contracts, didn't … I've just received my cashback cheque for one of my contracts, didn't have any problems. Also, just upgraded to iPhones 4S on another. All seemed fine to me.

Yeah, have received mine ok a few days ago. I phoned them up as my wife had sent an e-mail to them which got replied to the next day, I had sent an e-mail at the same time and despite chasing it up several times never got a reply. Mobiles.co.uk said that it was because they changed their e-mail address, but both were sent at the same time to the same address.

Anyway, got mine and I've done the next claim now, people have been complaining that they can't get the form to submit but mine went through fine (although the confirmation e-mails are a lot thinner than the used to be).
There is a warning on the e2save site that they are 'experiencing delays with our cashback cheques'. Given that CPW have just lost a shedload of money on Best Buy, let's hope it's just a cashflow problem.
Cash backs all working really well. I was getting payments within four or five days of submitting a claim. Must be three weeks now since I've submitted my claim with only a text saying that they had my claim and not to eamil them. I've deleted the email since (Stupid), although not on purpose. Was about to order my daughter a galaxy s on a CB contract. But think I'll hold on. This sort of problem is not going to help any cash flow issues they might have.
Cash backs all working really well. I was getting payments within four or five days of submitting a claim. Must be three weeks now since I've submitted my claim with only a text saying that they had my claim and not to eamil them. I've deleted the email since (Stupid), although not on purpose. Was about to order my daughter a galaxy s on a CB contract. But think I'll hold on. This sort of problem is not going to help any cash flow issues they might have.
dcx_badass

You're talking crap again. My dad had a HTC Desire HD from mobiles.co.uk, … You're talking crap again. My dad had a HTC Desire HD from mobiles.co.uk, it was faulty numerous times and mobiles.co.uk didn't answer the phone. Emailed CPW CS telling instead and they swapped it for a brand new Galaxy S2 to collect from our local CPW 48 hours later.. That doesn't seem like them not caring to me.

Why would you think im talking crap? The reason i wrote that is i worked there and we were told to ignore them u twxt, the office in MK closed and we were told we are to forward to e2save, but thanks for the BS
I too have 3 contracts with them and I chased one of the cheques and they sent it out within a week.

But disturbing news if mobile.co.uk are going down, they have helped a lot of ppl with cheap tariffs
Original Poster
Cheques received very quickly this time, but only 2 out of 3 cheques! Sent them an e-mail about a week ago which they told me over the phone they would definately reply to this time... You can write the rest!
Hopefully nothing to worry about? But the website is down..
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants