Groups

Anyone anygood with photoshop?

Looking for a favor from a photoshop user.

I am decorating a games room at home. Long story short, I am wanting to paint a liver bird on the wall and wanting to do it on quite a large scale.

I need to pirnt the image out large from photoshop which is easy enough to do however i just want the outline as it will take up loads of ink, this is th part i'm having problems with because all the images i can find are solid images.

Hope this makes sense
    Thanks

17 Comments

Hi there, I think you can paint out the middle and just leave the outline, I have done it. Click on tools and use the brushes to clear the centre and just leave what you want. Good luck. Sounds a nice idea.

Best thing to do is to borrow a projector that you can connect to your pc or a light projector and print the badge onto a piece of acetate and project it onto your wall, using it as a guide for your painting.

explain a bit better and i can help

Right i understand now. Then idea about the projection sounds good

Ok... I'm assuming you understand basic PS

You can use layerstyle stroke to create an outline on an image with a transparent background
    Then just fill your image with white!

If your having problems post again and post a link to your image and I'll do it for you.

I'm guessing your after something like.... which I did from ]http//ww…gif
    http://i111.photobucket.com/albums/n127/nitroxneil/liverbird-outline.png

If you want to enlarge without pixellation - consider turning the image into a vector graphic;

vectormagic.com/

Original Poster

Thanks for the input, that outline picture is just what i'm after, unfortunately can't get access to a projector so gona have to work out a way to do it by transferring from paper.

Thanks again everyone

best thing to do is measure up a grid of a4 sized rectangles on the wall and then print it out over lots of pages and use carbon paper to transfer the lines from each page...

actually that doesn't sound that easy does it? lol

Here's another outline

kopbanners.org/ima…jpg
    http://www.kopbanners.org/images/guide/roper10.jpg

As TheDoc says but you can use thin paper and mark through it.

or

Get a overhead projector and print on transparency.

or

Not sure if it would work but you might be able to just use a strong light in a darkened room as you only need an outline. Kind of like a shadow puppets

Original Poster

Thats not a bad idea, just need to get shed loads of carbon paper now. Its gonna be a pretty big picture :-D

Alternatively if your all right at drawing, print it off on A4, draw a grid over it.
    Draw a grid 10x the size on your wall and copy the image square by square.
    It is quite a complicated image though.

what you want is rasterbator. Makes images huge and printable.

We used it when making gig posters and stuff

homokaasu.org/ras…or/

Sebas111;1675742

Thanks for the input, that outline picture is just what i'm after, … Thanks for the input, that outline picture is just what i'm after, unfortunately can't get access to a projector so gona have to work out a way to do it by transferring from paper.

Could you not use a desk lamp and use something to hold the ascetate in the right place?

RickyBobby;1677339

Could you not use a desk lamp and use something to hold the ascetate in … Could you not use a desk lamp and use something to hold the ascetate in the right place?

It probably wouldn't be focused at all and would be just a blur on the wall. Not something you could use as a guide anyway.

Sebas111;1675742

Thanks for the input, that outline picture is just what i'm after, … Thanks for the input, that outline picture is just what i'm after, unfortunately can't get access to a projector

Whereabouts in the country are you? if your down south (Brighton area) I might be able to help with a short term loan of a projector around Easter time (sure they won't miss it :whistling:)

Original Poster

Thanks for the offer but i'm based up north. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1219
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?28128
      3. What are you loving on the BBC at the moment?63218
      4. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…33

See more discussions