Anyone Applied for an ESTA since Covid?

Posted 30th Aug 2020
Have just booked next summers trip to the US and will need to redo my ESTA as it has since expired. Has anyone applied for one since Covid has happened or have they temporarily stopped issuing them?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Unless you have history and you know you won’t get the ESTA just wait no point in getting one this early anyway, just means you will have to pay for a new one if you want to go again in just over 2 years from now.

And don’t use the site you linked to, they “do it for you” but charge you and extra $26
Edited by: "eslick" 30th Aug
11 Comments
I imagine there will many more twists and turns before you need to worry about your Esta. There normally done around 4 weeks before you head in and to be fair at the moment it’s still a no entry policy for the UK so would wait until the new year for some clarity around travel etc.
Edited by: "brownie83" 30th Aug
brownie8330/08/2020 21:53

I imagine there will many more twists and turns before you need to worry …I imagine there will many more twists and turns before you need to worry about your Esta. There normally done around 4 weeks before you head in and to be fair at the moment it’s still a no entry policy for the UK so would wait until the new year for some clarity around travel etc.

Yeah I agree, I have one at the moment but usually renew before it expires. I guess I’ll wait. The trip is refundable anyway so alls good thanks.
Not since I went to the states last year, no.

There will be more complications and more queues....like they weren’t long enough already!
Entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States.

Highly probable any existing ESTA has been cancelled.

41793840.jpg
Edited by: "Sammy86" 30th Aug
Sammy8630/08/2020 22:01

Entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than …Entry into the United States is suspended for most individuals, other than United States citizens and lawful permanent residents, who have been physically present within the United Kingdom, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe, or the Republic of Ireland within 14 days of travel to the United States.Highly probable any existing ESTA has been cancelled.[Image]

Yeah they won’t let you in for sure, just curious if they’re actually still issuing them for when travel resumes, it says they are here e-visa.co.uk/usa…ona but on the official site it doesn’t give any real clarity. Guess I’ll wait, got until next summer anyway. Just didn’t want to upgrade my flight and then possibly be hit with no ESTA.
Unless you have history and you know you won’t get the ESTA just wait no point in getting one this early anyway, just means you will have to pay for a new one if you want to go again in just over 2 years from now.

And don’t use the site you linked to, they “do it for you” but charge you and extra $26
Edited by: "eslick" 30th Aug
eslick30/08/2020 22:41

Unless you have history and you know you won’t get the ESTA just wait no p …Unless you have history and you know you won’t get the ESTA just wait no point in getting one this early anyway, just means you will have to pay for a new one if you want to go again in just over 2 years from now.And don’t use the site you linked to, they “do it for you” but charge you and extra $26

Yeah I’d never use them, always the official site, just the first bit of info I came across regarding if they are actually issuing them still, I’ll wait.
Why bother with it now? Rules will change multiple times before your travel date. Plus you will be spending money on dead time.
Mines run out. Not renewing it as not planning to go to USA for a while. All the riots and Covid put me off.

have you managed to get travel insurance
Well, no point in me applying because my ESTA rights were revoked for life back in March 2016 when I was denied entry to the USA.

Went over on holiday, to see my kids and was accused of attempting to become an illegal immigrant for the purpose of employment.....

Not actually physically seen my kids for 4 years come October....

It's a strange scenario where you have not actually done anything wrong but you end up with a lifetime ban from a country in essence (I've had 4 x refused visas in the interim years}.
Wadda31/08/2020 23:29

Mines run out. Not renewing it as not planning to go to USA for a while. …Mines run out. Not renewing it as not planning to go to USA for a while. All the riots and Covid put me off. have you managed to get travel insurance

Not yet. I haven’t even bothered looking as it’s not until next August. I’ve only paid the £300 deposit with BA. Usually I get the insurance upon booking, I’ll sort that once I pay in full (3 weeks before the trip) or if I cancel or it gets cancelled I wouldn’t have wasted money on that. The deposit is refundable by voucher for use up to April 2022 anyway so I’m holding fire on that until I’ve fully paid (or it get cancelled lol).
Post a comment
@
    Text