Anyone been invited to apply for a Paypal debit card?

Found 1st Nov 2011
I got an email from paypal inviting me to sign up for a paypal debit card(master card). has anyone else had the same email, its just that i cant find anything about it on google...i know they do a debit card in the US..
Community Updates
17 Comments
i got an email from paypal today saying that my account has been succesfully linked to another email address when i had not attempted to.

Checked and it is a scam!
I have the instant use Paypal Mastercard. So I can spend my paypal funds instantly through this card. Sounds like this, but just make sure the email isnt a scam.
Original Poster

the email i received looks ligit. The card is called PayPal Access Card. When you received your email did it start with "dear paypal member" or did it have your name...i've read somewhere paypal always address you with your first and second name rather than a generic dear ....

dealer1983

i got an email from paypal today saying that my account has been … i got an email from paypal today saying that my account has been succesfully linked to another email address when i had not attempted to.Checked and it is a scam!

Original Poster
beth3735

I have the instant use Paypal Mastercard. So I can spend my paypal funds … I have the instant use Paypal Mastercard. So I can spend my paypal funds instantly through this card. Sounds like this, but just make sure the email isnt a scam.

how did you manage to get that, i've been looking for a debit card for paypal for ages so i can pay for my postage with paypal money..
I got the email through a few months back, I set one up on my PayPal business account, it's really useful. It's actually a Mastercard, but a prepaid one (ie, no credit is provided), called the PayPal Access card..

It's a life saver for me when I need to buy something from a high street store, because most of my income and outgoings are from my PayPal account anyway. It's just like paying for something with PayPal when you use it... you get an email and everything!

If you're desperate for the money in your PayPal and can't wait for it to clear, this card is ace.

EDIT - the card is allegedly only open for selected members who are invited, but there's a generic URL offered in the email they advertise it in (I didn't save it, maybe the OP can provide it). I have two PayPal accounts, and I setup an Access card with both (I was only invited to join the scheme on one account, but it worked fine on the other anyway).
Edited by: "nickw90" 1st Nov 2011
Original Poster

Its real, just found some info and link on another forum. Going to apply for it. But they do charge a £2 fee for atm cash withdrawal. paypal-marketing.co.uk/acc…l=5

beth3735

I have the instant use Paypal Mastercard. So I can spend my paypal funds … I have the instant use Paypal Mastercard. So I can spend my paypal funds instantly through this card. Sounds like this, but just make sure the email isnt a scam.

earthlling

how did you manage to get that, i've been looking for a debit card for … how did you manage to get that, i've been looking for a debit card for paypal for ages so i can pay for my postage with paypal money..

I was 1 of the 1st lot to get the card from when they closed down the Paypal Top up card, which I had.
It really is great as I like to use it for some online companies knowing they can only take what is in my paypal, they won't claw it from my bank.

earthlling

Its real, just found some info and link on another forum. Going to apply … Its real, just found some info and link on another forum. Going to apply for it. But they do charge a £2 fee for atm cash withdrawal. https://www.paypal-marketing.co.uk/accesscard/index.htm?htab=3&apanel=5

Yes I never use it for cash withrawals unless the amount is massive that a £2 fee doesn't make a huge difference. Most of the time i use it as my debit card and withdraw the cash I need from my bank to save on the £2 x
Original Poster
nickw90

I got the email through a few months back, I set one up on my PayPal … I got the email through a few months back, I set one up on my PayPal business account, it's really useful. It's actually a Mastercard, but a prepaid one (ie, no credit is provided), called the PayPal Access card..It's a life saver for me when I need to buy something from a high street store, because most of my income and outgoings are from my PayPal account anyway. It's just like paying for something with PayPal when you use it... you get an email and everything!If you're desperate for the money in your PayPal and can't wait for it to clear, this card is ace.

Yeh i'm going for it, i spend loads on postage cost which goes from my bank account. I rather have all costs relating to ebay sales going from my paypal account and you can use the card on the high street.
Banned
I have one and its much better than the paypal top up card, mainly as you don't have to mess about topping it up.
Charging 20p to change your PIN takes the **** a bit though!
I can highly recommend getting one if you can. As others have said, easy to use and you get an email very quickly confirming the payment you have made.
As Colin, stated, 20p to change PIN seems harsh especially as there is no option to do it online through your account.
Dont forget it has a one off £5 fee for upgrading it if you spend/withdraw more than £1,500 per year.
Banned
markq

I can highly recommend getting one if you can. As others have said, easy … I can highly recommend getting one if you can. As others have said, easy to use and you get an email very quickly confirming the payment you have made.As Colin, stated, 20p to change PIN seems harsh especially as there is no option to do it online through your account.Dont forget it has a one off £5 fee for upgrading it if you spend/withdraw more than £1,500 per year.

I think there are different cards sent out as ours came as an upgraded card from day one. It also says its free on the site to upgrade if you need to.
colinsunderland

I think there are different cards sent out as ours came as an upgraded … I think there are different cards sent out as ours came as an upgraded card from day one. It also says its free on the site to upgrade if you need to.

Thats weird, cos the booklet that mine came with clearly states £5 admin fee to upgrade. Because its another company running it, I assumed that having a premier paypal account and business ebay account didnt stop them charging the fee?
My card is the Paypal Access Mastercard as others have mentioned.
Could you please point me to where it states its free as I will be wanting to upgrade it and would obviously rather save the fiver
Hi there,

Does anyone have the genric URL as I would love to have this card but haven't yet been invited - thanks 4 ur help
Banned
markq

Thats weird, cos the booklet that mine came with clearly states £5 admin … Thats weird, cos the booklet that mine came with clearly states £5 admin fee to upgrade. Because its another company running it, I assumed that having a premier paypal account and business ebay account didnt stop them charging the fee?My card is the Paypal Access Mastercard as others have mentioned.Could you please point me to where it states its free as I will be wanting to upgrade it and would obviously rather save the fiver

the link in post 6 says its free to upgrade

paypal-marketing.co.uk/acc…l=5
Banned
just checked and my card definately came out as a full card
I didn't know anything about these cards.....I want one
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions