Groups

Anyone been on/tried xenical? (Diet pills)

Doc prescribed me them a month ago .. OMG!! They were working wonders at first but then I kept cheating because I kept thinking 'the pills will get rid of the weight' and it hasn't been going so well, but I'm determind again now!! Just wondered if anyone else has tried them. x

66 Comments

am on them..... cheating isnt fun though...few consequences hey!!

Have never heard of them .... what do they do ?
    do they suppress your appetite or do they speed up your metabolism ?

Original Poster

magicbeans;2280616

am on them..... cheating isnt fun though...few consequences hey!!

Oh, god, yes!! :oops:
    No, no more cheating!!

hannah i posted on that food diary one.... gonna monitor food as well...got sis wedding in like 6 weeks... arrrrrrrgh!!

Have you ever seen Requiem For A Dream?

So what exactly do these do?
    Or more to the point, what do they do that stops you getting all Vanessa Feltz???

Mike..

Original Poster

snowtiger;2280647

Have never heard of them .... what do they do ?do they suppress your … Have never heard of them .... what do they do ?do they suppress your appetite or do they speed up your metabolism ?

Well... basically, u take a pill with your meal and it soaks up 30% of all the fat/oil in that meal and then....... lets go of it!!

Original Poster

Jelly;2280667

]http://images.google.co.uk/images?hl=en&q=xenical&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wiEw.

Mmmm but all the same woman, worth the risk me thinks!!:-D

glad to see taxpayers money being used so well, whilst poor others go without potential life saving drugs as herceptin!
    in my opinion, these fat drugs should only be on private scripts

it breaks down the triglycerides enzyme in the intestine which breaks down fatty acids so the body can not absorb them. actually!

hannah19790;2280669

Well... basically, u take a pill with your meal and it soaks up 30% of … Well... basically, u take a pill with your meal and it soaks up 30% of all the fat/oil in that meal and then....... lets go of it!!

I take it these are through a Dr. only on prescription ? not over the counter ?
    would you recommend them ?

Original Poster

GIJimmy;2280702

it breaks down the triglycerides enzyme in the intestine which breaks … it breaks down the triglycerides enzyme in the intestine which breaks down fatty acids so the body can not absorb them. actually!

that too!!:p

julesmay;2280687

glad to see taxpayers money being used so well, whilst poor others go … glad to see taxpayers money being used so well, whilst poor others go without potential life saving drugs as herceptin!in my opinion, these fat drugs should only be on private scripts

but surely curing the problems in this way if far cheaper than treating a person... much fatter later on! its sad but im sure someone has sat down somewhere and done the sums somewhere! :-D

Original Poster

snowtiger;2280709

I take it these are through a Dr. only on prescription ? not over the … I take it these are through a Dr. only on prescription ? not over the counter ?would you recommend them ?

Yeh, only Dr. and yes I would rcommend but only if they were right for you:whistling: (don't want to get myself in trouble here). Ask your doc.

julesmay;2280687

glad to see taxpayers money being used so well, whilst poor others go … glad to see taxpayers money being used so well, whilst poor others go without potential life saving drugs as herceptin!in my opinion, these fat drugs should only be on private scripts

Aye another huge waste of money for lazy @rses who wont stop eating pie and chips and go for a jog

recent study in the netherlands showed that the cost per QALY wasnt really justified, and top line recommendations is to try a low calorie diet

Original Poster

GIJimmy;2280718

but surely curing the problems in this way if far cheaper than treating a … but surely curing the problems in this way if far cheaper than treating a person... much fatter later on! its sad but im sure someone has sat down somewhere and done the sums somewhere! :-D

Exactly, well said. I have paid my taxes you know!!

Original Poster

julesmay;2280742

recent study in the netherlands showed that the cost per QALY wasnt … recent study in the netherlands showed that the cost per QALY wasnt really justified, and top line recommendations is to try a low calorie diet

Here we go.....:roll:
    Lucky we not in the Netherlands then really. hey?

tried them and they didnt work you need to put int he hard work too

next trip to the doctor will be undoubtedly thyroid related- people rarely admit to the true amounts they eat.
    best cure for fat loss- dont get fat in the first place

Original Poster

julesmay;2280773

next trip to the doctor will be undoubtedly thyroid related- people … next trip to the doctor will be undoubtedly thyroid related- people rarely admit to the true amounts they eat.best cure for fat loss- dont get fat in the first place

woo hoo, applause for the anti-fat person and their very helpful comments!!! Maybe you should become a doctor!!

Original Poster

snowtiger;2280762

Thanks for info Hannah .... I will ask my Doc about them ... worth a try … Thanks for info Hannah .... I will ask my Doc about them ... worth a try :thumbsup:

Your welcome, hope they work for you! x

hannah19790;2280795

woo hoo, applause for the anti-fat person and their very helpful … woo hoo, applause for the anti-fat person and their very helpful comments!!! Maybe you should become a doctor!!

truth imo tho soz, people eat shed loads of cakes for years then want the doctor to sort it out with some magic cure on the nhs.

Original Poster

:-D

jennie-jack;2280769

tried them and they didnt work you need to put int he hard work too

mmm... I;ve only just realised that too. But, like I say, I am determind!

i'm sure if you search the internet, you can find yourself a xenical support group? that way you will not be subject to such opinionated people as myself

Original Poster

kungfu;2280821

truth imo tho soz, people eat shed loads of cakes for years then want the … truth imo tho soz, people eat shed loads of cakes for years then want the doctor to sort it out with some magic cure on the nhs.

You judge regularly? Not everyody is the same!:x

so do you just have to see your doctor about them did you ask about them or did he prescribe them t you sorry for bein nosey lol

pay 40% earnings to tax......

many diseases associated with obesity... this helps some people shift i...sometimes on a placebo level!

vicknanth;2280875

so do you just have to see your doctor about them did you ask about them … so do you just have to see your doctor about them did you ask about them or did he prescribe them t you sorry for bein nosey lol

if ur BMI is above 30 they can prescribe it

hannah19790;2280846

Not everyody is the same!:x

Agreed, some gorge on pork pies then moan they are fat , some eat properly and dont \o/

Original Poster

vicknanth;2280875

so do you just have to see your doctor about them did you ask about them … so do you just have to see your doctor about them did you ask about them or did he prescribe them t you sorry for bein nosey lol

He told me if I lost 5lb in a month on my own he would prescribe these pills to me, I had actually lost 7.5 so he was very pleased with me:-D

Original Poster

Also, they will stop giving them to you if you don't loose 10% of your body weight withing 3 months!

hannah19790;2280894

He told me if I lost 5lb in a month on my own he would prescribe these … He told me if I lost 5lb in a month on my own he would prescribe these pills to me, I had actually lost 7.5 so he was very pleased with me:-D

Good luck with your diet Hannah :thumbsup:

Original Poster

magicbeans;2280881

if ur BMI is above 30 they can prescribe it

Oh, yeh - forgot that bit:oops:

thanks for info

Original Poster

DAMNOME;2280903

Good luck with your diet Hannah :thumbsup:

Thanks Damnome x

joking aside ladies........ it aint hard to lose weight if your serious and disciplined, these fads are completely un-necessary and basically just shows you arent ready to commit to what it ACTUALLY takes to lose the weight.

Original Poster

vicknanth;2280914

thanks for info

Hope it's of some use:)

but you mentioned in your original post that you have been cheating?
    seems like you need more than xenical- ask you doctor for bromocriptine
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764261
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio913

See more discussions