Groups

Anyone been scammed by Nigerians????

Good Afternoon,

Noticed a member yesterday posting they had been scammed by Nigerian's.

Has anyone one else been scammed anywhere at all of late?

25 Comments

Who got scammed and how?

Original Poster

Daft Punk;6605020

Who got scammed and how?

I have no desire to embarrass that member.

Just wondering what other people experience's are?

never

Never been scammed myself, I find the Nigerian traders very trustworthy...just bought a brand new 50inch LCD TV for fifty quid, only had to give my account number and password.
    They have assured me it will arive on Sunday. :-D

i had a payment of $500 taken form my paypal, which paypal have put back, and i must admit as a pc guy with very strict security in place, i am at a loss to how it happened, i think the paypal server was hacked personally, which is why i had no argument in getting the money back, btw nigerian sounding name.

maffster;6605062

i had a payment of $500 taken form my paypal, which paypal have put back, … i had a payment of $500 taken form my paypal, which paypal have put back, and i must admit as a pc guy with very strict security in place, i am at a loss to how it happened, i think the paypal server was hacked personally, which is why i had no argument in getting the money back, btw nigerian sounding name.

you had $500 in paypal:|

Original Poster

cribert;6605040

never

likewise....luckily

Banned

boothy;6605070

likewise....luckily

i got stuck in my freezer today is that sort of similar ?

Yep, got scammed by a UK online website that sold consoles, console games etc. GamingExtreme was the website name. the trader took many orders and literally failed to deliver or refund them.

Had to take him to the small claims court and raise a class action petition via the Trading Standards in order to bar him from ever trading again or getting a job as a director etc

oft.gov.uk/adv…/2/

Whinged at my bank to reverse the transaction, took me 3 months but I eventually got them to give me back the amount that I lost.

result.

just had a nice email on a motorbike i'm selling, from a friendly friend who wishes me and my family peace...and wishes me to accept his payment now of £500 over the asking price.

If I could be bothered to play along, I would try and get a few quid out of them instead.... some classics ]here

Original Poster

StevenA2000_uk;6605080

Yep, got scammed by a UK online website that sold consoles, console games … Yep, got scammed by a UK online website that sold consoles, console games etc. GamingExtreme was the website name. the trader took many orders and literally failed to deliver or refund them. Had to take him to the small claims court and raise a class action petition via the Trading Standards in order to bar him from ever trading again or getting a job as a director etchttp://www.oft.gov.uk/advice_and_resources/resource_base/consumer-regulations/traders/3238/2/Whinged at my bank to reverse the transaction, took me 3 months but I eventually got them to give me back the amount that I lost.result.:)

top work:thumbsup:

boothy;6605106

top work:thumbsup:

On a lighter note, apparently I am the heir to $15 billion from some oil exporter in Nigeria, all I have to do is supply my full name, address and bank details for them to transfer the money into my account.....I told them to meet me at any UK airport and I will happily accept a bankers draft in person and personally thank them for their efforts.......

needless to say that I didnt get a reply :-(

Banned

do these scams still go around.. I must have missed out on all the free cash

Original Poster

dog_cop;6605173

do these scams still go around.. I must have missed out on all the free … do these scams still go around.. I must have missed out on all the free cash

yes,but you have to be a knife short of a full drawer to fall for them

Banned

boothy;6605184

yes,but you have to be a knife short of a full drawer to all for them

true.. a few on here should be wary though :thumbsup:

Original Poster

who spammed the norks?

boothy;6605222

who spammed the norks?

lol wot?

Banned

boothy;6605222

who spammed the norks?

the moral majority .. not enough bum kissing or the like or perhaps you are not a member of the facebook club :thumbsup:

boothy;6605222

who spammed the norks?

h4terz with little boobs :-D

Banned

bitseylango;6605234

h4terz with little boobs :-D

hahahaa some mook by the sounds of it

think u have to be a right numbnut to be scammed by nigerians

http://www.davie.me.uk/images/likes/fonejacker.jpg:whistling:

I scammed a Nigerian that was trying to scam me.

I convinced him I was a music producer and he recorded "Dancing Queen" for me, I have it as my ringtone.

oh i know who your talking about

Never ever been scammed, but my mate has. Fell for the more money than he expected trick

You've got to be a right numpty to fall for one of those "lend us your bank account" emails. I reckon anyone who got scammed by one of them would probably be too embarrased to admit it anyway!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Apples new update35
      2. iPhone X 256GB for £569 on O2 - Pre Order1016
      3. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)58474
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread423114445

See more discussions