Anyone been to Agadir in May (Weather)?

Found 6th Feb 2016
Hi,

Looking to book a holiday in May and found a really nice hotel in Agadir. Just wondering if anyone has been at this time before and could advise what the weather is like ? I know its impossible to say exactly, but seeing some mixed results online.

Thanks
Community Updates
11 Comments
Went Marrakech last May, Lowest was 30oc highest 41oc, Was very hot, Even in the pool.
Google would tell you the average weather per months in whatever location. I'm not being pedantic like most people by saying this you can literally Google search 'city name weather month' and it'll give you the weather averages. Works a treat on OK Google
For starters, don't compare weather for Agadir and Marrakech, they are very different.
I went to Agadir August last year and had rain for 5 out of 10 days with 1 day torrential. It was still hot but not sunny, for the same period in Marrakech it was sunny all the time.
Basically I would expect it to be hot, but as for being sunny not so sure.
We still had a great holiday in a great hotel, but weather not what we expected. Planning to go to Marrakech this year.
itsdavidjones1984

Google would tell you the average weather per months in whatever … Google would tell you the average weather per months in whatever location. I'm not being pedantic like most people by saying this you can literally Google search 'city name weather month' and it'll give you the weather averages. Works a treat on OK Google

You can literally Google search anything which I have, but as mentioned going mixed results. Temp only shows you part of the story, would like to know about stuff like sea mist and so on. But guess if you can just Google anything might as well close down the ask section ?
lethalmoose

For starters, don't compare weather for Agadir and Marrakech, they are … For starters, don't compare weather for Agadir and Marrakech, they are very different.I went to Agadir August last year and had rain for 5 out of 10 days with 1 day torrential. It was still hot but not sunny, for the same period in Marrakech it was sunny all the time.Basically I would expect it to be hot, but as for being sunny not so sure.We still had a great holiday in a great hotel, but weather not what we expected. Planning to go to Marrakech this year.

Thanks. Seen some really nice hotels in Marrakech but for some reason it seems strange having a 'summer holiday' with no beach haha.
Been to Agadir late March, very warm- veering towards hot, you'll be fine weatherwise. If you get the chance, do a trip into the Atlas Mountains, well worth seeing.
booky

Been to Agadir late March, very warm- veering towards hot, you'll be fine … Been to Agadir late March, very warm- veering towards hot, you'll be fine weatherwise. If you get the chance, do a trip into the Atlas Mountains, well worth seeing.

Thanks is that the ones with the writing on the side (saw some pictures on TripAdvisor)
lidds

You can literally Google search anything which I have, but as mentioned … You can literally Google search anything which I have, but as mentioned going mixed results. Temp only shows you part of the story, would like to know about stuff like sea mist and so on. But guess if you can just Google anything might as well close down the ask section ?

We went for 8 years to the same place same week (for my birthday) not in Agadir but location doesn't matter and for each of those years experienced totally different weather. We live in the UK we should be used to the fact that weather changes and no certain week/month is guaranteed anything. If you like the look of the location/hotel etc grin and bare it, it's always a gamble. If I or even yourself google the weather for where you are at present I'd almost guarantee you will get different forecasts from different websites.
On another note been to both Agadir and Marrakech and we enjoyed both holidays. It's what you make of it regardless of the weather.
lidds

You can literally Google search anything which I have, but as mentioned … You can literally Google search anything which I have, but as mentioned going mixed results. Temp only shows you part of the story, would like to know about stuff like sea mist and so on. But guess if you can just Google anything might as well close down the ask section ?

​You only asked a out weather in your initial post. Not the sea must. The reason why you get varied responses is because they are averages
Personally, i would steer clear of any muslim country at the moment. Morocco is well overdue an attack

There is a high threat from terrorism in Morocco.

Bizarrely, people are saying steer clear of Cyprus! There is a General threat from terrorism in Cyprus

hotukdeals.com/tag…055
Edited by: "chocci" 8th Feb 2016
I came back from Morocco a few weeks ago - Quick visits to Fez and Marrakesh followed by a weeks hiking in the high Atlas. Hugely enjoyed it (been before) and had no concerns about security. The airport security at both Fes and Marrakesh was tight and at least up to UK standards and where we travelled there was visible and active police presence, with roadblock checks in places. There can be no guarantees anywhere but I believe the risks are very low in Morocco, not something I'd say about any other N African country.

OTOH don't ask me about the one legged taxi driver a few years ago who, on a very long journey, made Jeremy Clarksons driving look wimpish!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants