Groups

anyone been to berlin?

going to berlin next week looking for things to do while am there.i believe the zoo is worth a look but dont know much else ,my daughter has been she says the restaurants dont really cater for u during the day can anyone enlighten me where to eat at lunch time as this is going to be part of the trip.eating and drinking.lol not really looking forward to it now cause she said this to me.;-)

12 Comments

mstiny

going to berlin next week looking for things to do while am there.i … going to berlin next week looking for things to do while am there.i believe the zoo is worth a look but dont know much else ,my daughter has been she says the restaurants dont really cater for u during the day can anyone enlighten me where to eat at lunch time as this is going to be part of the trip.eating and drinking.lol not really looking forward to it now cause she said this to me.;-)

When are you going? my sister lives there, and i might b able to get some more info

they have some little franchised places called mcdonalds that do food all day - I believe there's one right outside of zoo station (opposite the zoo) theres lso cafes, bars etc

and lots of dog poo on the pavements..it's really disgusting so watch where you're walking.

You can buy a beer with your Big Mac, in fact you can buy beer pretty much everywhere inc butchers. Yet (when I was there) they didn't have any yob culture we have. Top country!

I went to Berlin on a stag do a couple of years back. Excellent place in my opinion. Was a little worried when I'd drank 10 pints of lager and didn't need the toilet or have a hangover the following morning. Then I realised it was because the German's really know how to make a brew!

We went to Oscar Wilde's Bar most of the time, cheap and cheerful and probably the only place that never asked us to leave. They don't like noise some of the bars in Berlin.

Original Poster

jelli89

When are you going? my sister lives there, and i might b able to get some … When are you going? my sister lives there, and i might b able to get some more info

going on monday so u better be quick if ur going to give me any info it would be good if u could :thumbsup:

Original Poster

jayhab

they have some little franchised places called mcdonalds that do food all … they have some little franchised places called mcdonalds that do food all day - I believe there's one right outside of zoo station (opposite the zoo) theres lso cafes, bars etc

definately not going to mcdonalds sorry but not traveling all the way to berlin to go to that place dont even go when i am home they sell crap !!!:roll:

Original Poster

currychops

and lots of dog poo on the pavements..it's really disgusting so watch … and lots of dog poo on the pavements..it's really disgusting so watch where you're walking.

thanx for telling me oh yuck how disgusting !!!:thumbsup:

mstiny

thanx for telling me oh yuck how disgusting !!!:thumbsup:

did you not see that prog about Berlin a few months ago...they went onto owners who were letting their dogs foul the pavement and their answer was "we pay local taxes so they should clear it "...how inconsiderate.

currychops

did you not see that prog about Berlin a few months ago...they went onto … did you not see that prog about Berlin a few months ago...they went onto owners who were letting their dogs foul the pavement and their answer was "we pay local taxes so they should clear it "...how inconsiderate.

Couldn't agree more. We lived in the Netherlands for a few years, and they have the same problem - with the same reasoning! I NEVER saw a dog owner 'picking up' after their dog. Indeed there were brass signs set into the paving stones saying "poop in de goot" - Poo in the gutter! The more responsible owners made their pets do just that, the others let the animals c*&p wherever they wanted
    Not so bad when you can see what is ahead, but if you are pushing a buggy or at night - eew!!:-(

mstiny

definately not going to mcdonalds sorry but not traveling all the way to … definately not going to mcdonalds sorry but not traveling all the way to berlin to go to that place dont even go when i am home they sell crap !!!:roll:

I was kidding when I mentioned Mcdonalds - little franchised places - anyway, there's also a good Hard Rock Cafe, particularly if you like U2 - they've got the Achtung Baby car at the front of the restaurant. It's not very easy to find though, kind of tucked away down a sidestreet, (with a dunkin' donuts on the corner - i think).

It was a couple of years ago when we went - Xmas 2004, don't recall seeing any dog poo on the streets.

If you fancy going on a tour, go on the FREE tour of east berlin. It starts in West Berlin opposite Zoo Station most mornings, outside of a .... dunkin donuts. The guides are american, australian, or canadians that have been living there for a while. The our is for free, they work for tips - if you liked their tour - you tip 'em... they are very good and last 3-4 hours. Be careful though, the PAY tours also start from the same place at the same time and try and poach the free tour customers!!

Go to the Pergamom museum and see one of the ancient wonders of the world - the gates of Babylon.
    Go see the Brandenberg gate.
    As for your original concerns regarding food, there are loads of places you can grab a wurst during the day, so don't worry about it! :-D

Original Poster

;-)
    jayhab

I was kidding when I mentioned Mcdonalds - little franchised places - … I was kidding when I mentioned Mcdonalds - little franchised places - anyway, there's also a good Hard Rock Cafe, particularly if you like U2 - they've got the Achtung Baby car at the front of the restaurant. It's not very easy to find though, kind of tucked away down a sidestreet, (with a dunkin' donuts on the corner - i think).It was a couple of years ago when we went - Xmas 2004, don't recall seeing any dog poo on the streets.If you fancy going on a tour, go on the FREE tour of east berlin. It starts in West Berlin opposite Zoo Station most mornings, outside of a .... dunkin donuts. The guides are american, australian, or canadians that have been living there for a while. The our is for free, they work for tips - if you liked their tour - you tip 'em... they are very good and last 3-4 hours. Be careful though, the PAY tours also start from the same place at the same time and try and poach the free tour customers!!;-) Go to the Pergamom museum and see one of the ancient wonders of the world - the gates of Babylon.Go see the Brandenberg gate.As for your original concerns regarding food, there are loads of places you can grab a wurst during the day, so don't worry about it! :-D

Thanx for ur information gladly received !!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Minecraft Foam Diamond Pickaxe - Source?11
      2. Buying an iPhone second hand33
      3. Legal advice?68
      4. Mortgage44

See more discussions