Anyone been to Croatia?

Found 11th Jan
We are considering driving to Croatia this summer, staying in southern Germany enroute. We are going to bring our dog with us. He will have a UK pet passport as we are taking him to Spain in April

Anyone got any experience of bringing their dog with them to Croatia? Very unlikely from the community that anyone has done this, but thought I would ask anyway.

But if you have been to Croatia on holiday, would you recommend it as a holiday destination?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
deleted800342
I haven't been but I have a dog.
13 Comments
I have not been with a dog so unsure. But Croatia is a lovely place. Go to plitvice lake is a must... Beautiful place... Zagreb is nice as well and you can take a dip in the sea which is lovely... And at night just sitting along the sea organ is something that I like. Split got quite a few things to do. Dubrovnik is for game of thrones fan.. Too expensive for me so I did not stop there. Highly recommend to shoot up to Montenegro (kotor) for a bit as well
deleted800342
My sister took her family skiing there over Christmas. Her daughter has a dog. My parents went to Dubrovnik years ago before the revolution. They didn't have a dog. They say it is beautiful. I wanted to go last year but my son wanted cleethorpes. We compromised on Blackpool. I would've preferred Croatia. Hope the dog is good in the car, that's a long journey.
Been there without a dog. Highly reccommended; visited Split and a few places around the city. Trogir, Omis... Beautiful, not too expensive.
deleted80034211th Jan

I have neither been to Croatia, nor have I a dog.
deleted568030
Not been with a dog but as a holiday destination Croatia is great. Split old town/Trogir/ and the islands of Hvar and Brac are lovely. The roads are good and it's easy to get around, well worth the trip.
My advice if planning to stay in Dubrovnik is to check out the port schedule. Avoid days when large ships are docked because the place will be heaving. It becomes more difficult in peak season but it's still worth researching. You will find sites that show passenger capacity and you should assume that they are going to be full.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 11th Jan
psychobitchfromhell1 h, 33 m ago

My sister took her family skiing there over Christmas. Her daughter has a …My sister took her family skiing there over Christmas. Her daughter has a dog. My parents went to Dubrovnik years ago before the revolution. They didn't have a dog. They say it is beautiful. I wanted to go last year but my son wanted cleethorpes. We compromised on Blackpool. I would've preferred Croatia. Hope the dog is good in the car, that's a long journey.

i assume that your sister didn't take their dog with them? our dog is used to long journeys as we take him every where with us on holiday. we plan to stay in Germany on the way there for a few days and again on our return journey to break the journey up as it is a long drive.

so the plan is that the holiday will be around 3 weeks, where we stay in Croatia for two weeks and a week in Germany.
Old Town Dubrovnik is all cobbles, not easy to pick up a dog turd.
craigstephens53 m ago

I have neither been to Croatia, nor have I a dog.

Coincidence or what, neither have I. I haven't got a clue about dogs or Croatia.
mutley110 m ago

i assume that your sister didn't take their dog with them? our dog is …i assume that your sister didn't take their dog with them? our dog is used to long journeys as we take him every where with us on holiday. we plan to stay in Germany on the way there for a few days and again on our return journey to break the journey up as it is a long drive.so the plan is that the holiday will be around 3 weeks, where we stay in Croatia for two weeks and a week in Germany.

Nah, the dog can't ski. My dog loved the car too. Would sit in it for hours on end. Wasn't too keen on it moving but when still it was just a kennel.
Never been but someone I played wow with was from Pula where they have an incredible Ronan amphitheatre.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants