Anyone Been to Either : Oslo, Stockholm,Reykjavik

Found 24th Apr 2008
Any good? thinking of going to scandinavia

16 Comments

Oslo is nice, but extreeeeemely expensive....I'd seriously factor that in if you are deciding between the three! Having said that, I haven't been to either Stockholm or Reykjavik, but suffice to say if the flights are dirt cheap, that normally means you are going to spend a fair few pennies when you get there!!

my best mate works on cruise ships and has been to them all i think, he has recommended Iceland in particular!

We loved Stockholm and Reykjavik

Would def recommend especially if youre not going in full blown winter - one of Stockholm's charms is the numerous islands so you want to be island hoping

Original Poster

Going to stay in a hostol most likey, should be cheaper that way.

Keep the reviews commin guys!

Original Poster

Forsaken;1959493

We loved Stockholm and ReykjavikWould def recommend especially if youre … We loved Stockholm and ReykjavikWould def recommend especially if youre not going in full blown winter - one of Stockholm's charms is the numerous islands so you want to be island hoping

[COLOR="Red"]what kind of things to do there, (aint chcked yet just toying with were i want to go)[/COLOR], how much was your hotel also.

Albrown1;1959489

Oslo is nice, but extreeeeemely expensive....I'd seriously factor that in … Oslo is nice, but extreeeeemely expensive....I'd seriously factor that in if you are deciding between the three! Having said that, I haven't been to either Stockholm or Reykjavik, but suffice to say if the flights are dirt cheap, that normally means you are going to spend a fair few pennies when you get there!!

[COLOR="Red"]Which one did you perfer[/COLOR]

Banned

go in winter to dee the northen lights.. can stay in a hotel in the snow with glass tops... niiiice! (i'm going this winter)

Don't know if the code is still working ? but if it is you can download free ( normally £2.50 or £10 for a book through the post) travel guides at traveldk.com/mil…ide
just put in the code : italy08

You'll need to register first (No need to put in any credit card details either)

been to stockholm beauitful city went in spring was quite cold
gf lived there so spent most of the time at home though

I know a glass of Vodka and Coke will cost you 2 arms and half a leg

Original Poster

Toybhoy;1959703

I know a glass of Vodka and Coke will cost you 2 arms and half a leg

is that Stock or rysk

thanks for the links now tiger, I would rep but i need to spread it more.

Original Poster

jasonrat;1959701

been to stockholm beauitful city went in spring was quite coldgf lived … been to stockholm beauitful city went in spring was quite coldgf lived there so spent most of the time at home though

how expensive was it?

Oslo is really good.
I agree it's expensive to eat out etc.
If you're interested, there is an outdoor skating rink if it's the right time of year, and you can go cross country skiing about 30 mins outside Oslo.

Banned

imranmaz;1959589

go in winter to dee the northen lights.. can stay in a hotel in the snow … go in winter to dee the northen lights.. can stay in a hotel in the snow with glass tops... niiiice! (i'm going this winter)

what i meant was that area of the world you can see the northern lights. but they are more frequent in winter. :thumbsup:

black gerbil1;1959748

how expensive was it?

Both! Drinks prices in Scandinavia is scandulous!

Original Poster

Toybhoy;1959951

Both! Drinks prices in Scandinavia is scandulous!

lol no wonder the flights are so frekin cheap

Original Poster

ba BUMP dum tish!

my mates have decided to go to Iceland Reykjavik.

Just intersted to find out what the food is like to anyone who has ever been.
Post a comment
@
    Text