Anyone been to lapland with kids to see santa?

Found 2nd Jan 2010
Has anyone been to see santa with the kids this christmas ?
how many days is best with little ones?
I want to take my kids next year,need some recommendations.
Paul.

10 Comments

Banned

taking the whole planning ahead thing a bit too far aren't you

Zer0Cool

No I don't think they are?

Went a few years ago. Kids need to be at least 6/7 to appreciate it. Far too cold. Too much young child whinging. It's great though. Met the REAL F.C. !! Definitely do it!

Zer0Cool

Aren't you the guy whos scared that guy was released on bail probably under police watch and you're scared he'll kill you?

Banned

t0mm

Aren't you the guy whos scared that guy was released on bail probably … Aren't you the guy whos scared that guy was released on bail probably under police watch and you're scared he'll kill you?

no, my joke obviously went over your head

Zer0Cool

no, my joke obviously went over your head

and mine obviously went over yours...

We went two years ago and it was brilliant. We only did a day trip because that was all that was available after we had broken up from school. It was a very long day - we left the house at 5am and got back at 11pm - but it was worth it. We have friends who have been for 3 or 4 days at a time and they have been at least three times. We got to do most of the things they did, like going on a snowmobile, husky riding, a reindeer ride, sledging etc., but they obviously were able to do each of them for a longer period.

Incidentally, we both booked with Canterbury Travel, and booking a year in advance we got a free child place.

HTH - have a fantastic time, it's like no other holiday you'll ever have.

Original Poster

cheers for that..think i will look at a 3 day one..

Hi
I have just recently returned form Lapland and it was fantastic... I travelled in a family group of 6 - 4 adults 2 children aged 5 and 7... we booked with Cantebury Travel and could not have done any better... we did the lapland Lullaby trip which was 4 days and well worth the extra time there.

santa-holidays.com/4_d…php

Plenty of time to take part in all the activities and the 5 year old was able to have a go on the childrens skidoos at Elf School. I now have certificates for Huskey mushing, a snow mobile and reindeer drivers licence..... :-)

All cold weather clothes and boots were included so just needed to purchase some thermals...
We stayed in a Cabin which was great had log burner and a sauna. Food was included and had to go into the hotel for this.. The food was buffet style and was great - the kids had thir own little buffet table but could still have adult food...

The only thing that was extra was alcohol and this was expensive but hey we were on holiday....

Grandma looked after the kids one night and 3 adults took an extra trip on a skidoo... it was fantastic cost about £47 each for just on an hour for your own skidoo and guide..... highly recommended.....

Have fun..... I am saving up now to take my neice in a couple of years...

Original Poster

nice one..............purple_sgod
Post a comment
@
    Text